Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 I'm beginning to like this game the more I play it.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MutoidMan
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 9:44 PM
The more I play TRON:Evolution, the more I like it.

I'm getting a better handle on the movement and the combat, so it's not quite so frustrating anymore. My initial dismay at the controls is most likely a result of my near-100% focus on PC-centric gaming.

I look forward to liking T:E more.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

cirlin
User

RE: I'm beginning to like this game the more I play it.

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 10:42 PM
Yeah, I've found the combat to be quite satisfying and complex without being confusing.
I've never been one for combo-based fighting, as it usually involves memorizing complex sequences of key presses that have no intuitive relation to their result. TE's fighting is definitely not like that, and I've really enjoyed it.

My only complaint with it ,as far as feeling like a console port, is where the camera sometimes switches to a fixed perspective (like with some of the jumps) and the movement keys are not able to keep the character moving in a straight line. With a thumbstick I imagine it would be fine, but on PC the movement direction is usually tied to the camera direction, except in those instances.
It's not a huge problem, but it is an occasional annoyance. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Layer.dll
User

on Monday, December, 13, 2010 3:15 PM
Look forward to seeing you on the grid MM.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 11:56 PM
Frankly, I like the game more than I like the movie. I still die way too often because I can't get the combos straight, but the story is pretty good so I'm digging it.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 12:22 AM
Handle is teawithacat (horrible name, I know) You'll probably see me get derezzed.

What I don't like is when people hit me when your back is turned. m

The character can move too slow at times. The other guy seems to think it's a good idea to hit me with three power attacks, which knock me on my back every time w doesn't let me get any shots in.

Other than that, it's pretty addictive. When I first started I played online more than the Story. Because of that I was able to get to level 40 something before I even passed the game on easy.

The best level for experience is the one where you have to bomb two tanks as soon as you start the level, then you get in the tank and you blast recognizers away (only 75 exp.) but the tanks were the mother lode 700+ exp each time. I played that level many times until I finally hit level 50. It's the level where you fight Abraxas by having debris fall on him.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution