Collector 
 Hot Toys Tron figures.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
tomstroncollectible
User

RE: Hot Toys Tron figures.

on Friday, April, 22, 2011 8:57 PM
Well, I took a little time this evening and had a look at the Hot Toys website so that I could see why they're held in such high regard. I also looked at Ebay (first time I've visited that site in years) to see what the Hot Toys items were going for on there.

These are my thoughts on the matter after doing my research. It's also the last time that I intend to comment on this discussion because I see no point in continuing it.

As I said earlier in the thread, the Hot Toys items are nice looking. It's good to see that there is new TL stuff coming out.

The pricing on these items, on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired. I simply just can not fathom how a company can get away with charging excessive amounts of money for toys, even if they are hand-painted or whatever other details their manufacturing process entails.

My visit to Ebay was also just as perplexing. One of the auctions I looked at for a Hot Toys item was a Predator toy that was up to around $500. That is utterly absurd to me that someone would pay that much for a toy.

Someone earlier today made the statement, "Saying a Hot Toys figure is like a toy is like saying a Picasso painting is just a picture." Well, I'm sorry, but a toy is a toy. And in this case, it's an over-priced toy. I also call a Picasso painting a picture, but it's an over-priced picture. I also call a Ferrari a car but an over-priced car (although on a side note, that's me being polite on that particular subject).

As I said last night, I'm not an avid toy collector. I did the TL videos on my Youtube channel because Tron was something special I grew up with. However, after seeing these Hot Toys items on the websites I visited today, I know I made the right decision to quit doing the reviews on my Youtube channel.

I'll enjoy the TL items I collected over the last few months but as far as getting something like an over-priced Kevin Flynn doll from Hot Toys, I wouldn't do that if someone had a gun to my head. The cost simply does not justify the means.

It is my hope that those of you who choose to buy these Hot Toys items enjoy what you get. You'll have to forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm for their offerings as I refuse to surrender my money to a company like Hot Toys for over-priced toys.

As I signed off with in my videos, "Have a good one". Take care folks.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"Evolution is the greatest force in the material world. Evolution will provide us the next step in intelligent life but it will come from somewhere unexpected." -- Kevin Flynn

SectorCruiser
User

on Friday, April, 22, 2011 10:01 PM
Seriously this thread has gone on too long. There will always be different opinions of what constitutes a 'good deal' and what is a 'rip off'.

Hard core collectors spend $$$ on toys of extremely high quality. The quality, uniqueness, workmanship and rarity are what justifies the price.

I'm not sure why there are people that don't get that, but it's definitely a 'let's agree to disagree' thread here.

End of line. I hope.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 24, 2011 6:04 PM
SleeplessKnight Wrote:Then I decided to splurge and got a Hot Toys Black Widow doll.

I was absolutely blown away by the quality of this figure. Fully articulated yet the joints are hardly noticeable. The amount of detail on the figure is out of this world. It was like they took Scarlet Johansson and shrunk her down. This figure cost twice what I normally pay for a 12" figure. It's definitely not a mere toy, it's a collectable. Saying a Hot Toys figure is like a toy is like saying a Picasso painting is just a picture.
This made me think it would be interesting to see someone come out with Tron-themed ball-joint dolls... actually, I'd think they'd be easy enough to make for someone who's into them, as long as you could find or make appropriate clothing (which wouldn't be hard, since judging from the programs at the EOL club, the "look" in the Grid seems to run toward techno-punk, and ball-joint dolls tend to run toward goth and punk fashions), considering a lot of people fully customize these types of dolls with face, wig, clothing, etc. They'd be uber-awesome if done right...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kuzeh
User

on Wednesday, June, 15, 2011 1:30 PM
Kevin is out!! Not my pics:

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Kuzeh
User

on Monday, June, 20, 2011 5:29 PM
Other pics

mst3kpimp
User

on Friday, June, 24, 2011 8:27 PM
im not seeing the pics

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 24, 2011 11:30 PM
Fixed. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Friday, October, 19, 2012 12:06 PM
I had been watching the status of the Sam Flynn with Lightcycle for sometime. It was very interesting and wanted to see some production piece pics by consumers after it was released. The pics I saw were phenomenal! Better than what was described by Sideshow. So I put the thought of buying one on the back burner. (let it sit there too long tho.) next time I check the sales on it, the set is Sold Out.
I checked the secondary market and they were already being sold $50-150 over msrp which kept me from buying one that way.
So I got on the "Waiting List" on the Sideshow website last week.
Lo and behold, I get an email yesterday stating that one became available and will ship on the 22nd of October. Color me excited! Haha

Now I have to figure out how I want to display this. With a case or without a case so the light up functions will be accessible.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Hot Toys Tron figures.