Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 If you shut off the power to a computer with a user inside, would the user die?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
TRON.dll
User

RE: If you shut off the power to a computer with a user inside, would the user die?

on Sunday, March, 24, 2013 6:09 PM
I would think it would have the same effect on a user that it would have on a program, or the rest of that digital world, really.

It seems like Kevin's vision for the future was to allow everyone to utilize this digitization tech to go to into the computer, but as if it were an alternate reality. A perfect utopian world, in a way. You could have people living in these alternate realities exclusively, be able to fit an entire world population's worth of people into a small server farm somewhere where they're living in a utopia.

But the scary part is, like the title of the thread suggests, what happens when the computer gets turned off. Lets assume that they don't die, but lets also assume that a large percentage of people from a given region are living in one of these computer arcologies. Who is there to turn the power back on?

On a related note, the TRON 2.0 Ghost in the Machine comic covers this somewhat:

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Kevin Flynn, after the events of the first film, reflects on his experience in the computer, and, instead of feeling inspired like in the Legacy canon, becomes horrified at the idea of formatting a hard drive or even shutting down a computer. Jet suffers from the same thing in the comic.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Honda Enoch
User

RE: If you shut off the power to a computer with a user inside, would the user die?

on Sunday, March, 24, 2013 6:49 PM
I am very active in Second Life. When we are working in a sim and they want to do a region reset, it alerts us. If we remain in the sim, it logs us off. If we log off and later try to log on and that area i snot "online" it sends us to a near by sim. We do not "die". SO maybe if you turn off a server, it just relocates the users to another server.

My other ride is a Light Cycle.

Honda Enoch
User

on Sunday, March, 24, 2013 6:49 PM
sorry double post.

My other ride is a Light Cycle.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 If you shut off the power to a computer with a user inside, would the user die?