Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Wii lightcycles seem much faster than the HD counterparts.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
getaclu
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:56 AM
Seriously the Wii's lightcycles are lightning fast and any mistake will slam you into a jetwall and derezz you. The HD versions cycles seem way to damn slow. You can even subtley bounce off an opponents jetwall and survive, which sort of happens in the new film, but the speed is totally off. Is there a turbo boost funtion that I'm missing or what?

cirlin
User

RE: Wii lightcycles seem much faster than the HD counterparts.

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 9:39 AM
getaclu Wrote:Seriously the Wii's lightcycles are lightning fast and any mistake will slam you into a jetwall and derezz you. The HD versions cycles seem way to damn slow. You can even subtley bounce off an opponents jetwall and survive, which sort of happens in the new film, but the speed is totally off. Is there a turbo boost funtion that I'm missing or what?

By "HD version" are you referring to the Evolutions for PC, Xbox and PS3? If so, I would say that the survivability there really depends on your characters level and the power ups you have installed. For instance I'm at level 29 now, and when I have the bomb disc equipped I get a sort of shield around the front of the cycle when I get up to full speed. Also if you have the stasis disc equipped you can get a burst of speed when you use the special ability key (RMB on PC).

With Battle Grids, I've bounced off walls plenty of times and survived. The angle you can hit and live might be lower in it, and I would mostly agree that the speeds are faster. It does seem easier to cut people off. But it's kind of hard to tell the relative speeds with the maps available right now since they are so different.

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 1:15 PM
getaclu Wrote:Seriously the Wii's lightcycles are lightning fast and any mistake will slam you into a jetwall and derezz you. The HD versions cycles seem way to damn slow. You can even subtley bounce off an opponents jetwall and survive, which sort of happens in the new film, but the speed is totally off. Is there a turbo boost funtion that I'm missing or what?

it normally depends on the light cycle u are using in the next gen versions. like if u use the gen 4, gen 5, or gen 2 light cycles, what level ur character is, and what powerups u have. and yes u can give ur light cycle a speed boost if u have the heavy disc equipped.

honestly the wii ligt cycles and the next gen light cycles move about the same rate of speed unless u give the light cycle a speed boot on the next gen versions.

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 1:16 PM
cirlin Wrote:

By "HD version" are you referring to the Evolutions for PC, Xbox and PS3? If so, I would say that the survivability there really depends on your characters level and the power ups you have installed. For instance I'm at level 29 now, and when I have the bomb disc equipped I get a sort of shield around the front of the cycle when I get up to full speed. Also if you have the stasis disc equipped you can get a burst of speed when you use the special ability key (RMB on PC).

With Battle Grids, I've bounced off walls plenty of times and survived. The angle you can hit and live might be lower in it, and I would mostly agree that the speeds are faster. It does seem easier to cut people off. But it's kind of hard to tell the relative speeds with the maps available right now since they are so different.

Strange, for the PS3, the bomb disc throws tiny bombs, and the Stasis disc creates a shield.

Like said above it depends on the power-ups.

For instance when I use my Heavy Disc, and use the special ability button, I get really nice boost of speed.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution