TRON: Evolution 
 Tron: Evolution Multiplayer

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
CorrupTron
User

RE: Tron: Evolution Multiplayer

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2011 1:06 PM
I agree that Heavy Disc should be disabled during lightcycles. Nothing pisses me off more than getting sniped by a heavy disc on bikes, ESPECIALLY in Classic. They always stand there waiting for you to get close enough to them. I've gotten to the point that I won't even fall for it. I'll just run circles around them until they either realize they aren't going to hit me and get back on their bike or get so frustrated they leave the game. Sometimes I'll just run them over and derezz them. If you can't win by challenging on bikes than you shouldn't be playing lightcycles and stick to disc wars.

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 9:26 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:
When lower level players join my game, I go easy on them as long as I know they're a lower level, but when more and more players join in and the game gets much more action, I tend to not look who is lower level on the opposing team, and I derezz left and right.

But when I find out the dude I have derezzed like 13 times is a level 7 player, I feel bad. Mostly because if I play hard against them, I'm afraid of discouraging them from playing more.

Yeah - this. It must be even harder if you avoid the standard mobility maps. I usually start on standard mobility then switch to cycles when there are enough combatants for it to be fun. Until switching to cycles, the game can be "hit everything but the noobies".

Many times, I admire their spirit as they keep coming after me without quitting, a lot of times they just quit mid-game and I feel as it can be my fault because I was hitting them hard.

Maybe the game duration is set too high? I'll bet players leave when they're facing another 10 minutes of a 20:1 derezz ratio (or higher). If it's all over before they start to feel hopeless, they might stick around longer.

And especially with players who stay in the spot where my teammates spawn in from; I hit those dudes hard.

Oh, I hate that. Especially with the tank. Especially when it's a member of my team doing it. Argh.

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 9:29 AM
CorrupTron Wrote:I agree that Heavy Disc should be disabled during lightcycles. Nothing pisses me off more than getting sniped by a heavy disc on bikes, ESPECIALLY in Classic. They always stand there waiting for you to get close enough to them. I've gotten to the point that I won't even fall for it. I'll just run circles around them until they either realize they aren't going to hit me and get back on their bike or get so frustrated they leave the game. Sometimes I'll just run them over and derezz them. If you can't win by challenging on bikes than you shouldn't be playing lightcycles and stick to disc wars.

If you've got a strategy for dealing with it, why should it be disabled?

Do you think other weapons typically used in light cycle battles (bombs, corruption trails) should be disabled too?

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 9:39 AM
Swann Wrote:I like when those stupid morons just stand there. It looks funny when I quickly make a beeline to them and run them over with my cycle. Its fun and funny at the same time!

I prefer to engage opponents who are fighting back, but that's just me.

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 6:44 PM
emdeesee Wrote:
CorrupTron Wrote:I agree that Heavy Disc should be disabled during lightcycles. Nothing pisses me off more than getting sniped by a heavy disc on bikes, ESPECIALLY in Classic. They always stand there waiting for you to get close enough to them. I've gotten to the point that I won't even fall for it. I'll just run circles around them until they either realize they aren't going to hit me and get back on their bike or get so frustrated they leave the game. Sometimes I'll just run them over and derezz them. If you can't win by challenging on bikes than you shouldn't be playing lightcycles and stick to disc wars.

If you've got a strategy for dealing with it, why should it be disabled?

Do you think other weapons typically used in light cycle battles (bombs, corruption trails) should be disabled too?

Sure, why not? When you are on bikes it should be about skill. However when tanks get involved they are just sitting ducks waiting to get fragged.

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 6:50 PM
So going in circles around them works? I thought that since a heavy disc follows a person a little while, it would eventually get the person doing the circle

I have to try that. Thanks, CTabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 6:52 PM
You just have to know how far away to be just out of range. Sometimes when we are racing head-to-head I can hear them get off the bike mid-air, that's my cue they are going for the heavy disc, I'll turn on the afterburner and outrun their shot. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 7:04 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:You just have to know how far away to be just out of range. Sometimes when we are racing head-to-head I can hear them get off the bike mid-air, that's my cue they are going for the heavy disc, I'll turn on the afterburner and outrun their shot.

Fighting fire with fire. Nice.

I always lower the volume of my TV to play music. I started doing that because of the cussing and personal attacks that would be thrown around.

Some people on voice chat are dang annoying, too. Even more when they increase the pitch of their mic and they sound like chipmunks

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 7:06 PM
You know you can always mute the person who is talking on the mic if you find them distracting.

I'd like to figure out how to play my Tron soundtrack while I play but I can't seem to do that on the PS3. Anybody know how?

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 7:28 PM
I've never done it, myself. I've always had my iPhone for music, but you start playing music in-game by pressing the PS button, or you can start playing your music before you start a game.

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 10, 2011 7:36 PM
I tried that but it said "Mode not supported" or something like that.

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 14, 2011 2:54 PM
@Typicaltronname

Had fun derezzing you in defrag today until you decided to switch sides.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Nar78
User

on Saturday, March, 19, 2011 4:58 PM
If you have trouble dealing with people who get off their bikes to nail you with their heavy mod disc, then you need to practice some more! (teasin')

It's actually really easy to deal with that situation guys. You have to be quick though. If you're not, then you're in trouble. And rightfully deserved, lol. Be very quick when switching weapon mods as you ride while making immediate sharp turns. I tend to use my speed booster (I've gotten pm's with people wondering if I'm using a speed cheat. NO... it's in your mods arsenal) , then immediately switch to shield, then bombs and back. The shield mod (whatever its actually called) will be your best friend in these matches. You have to get used to them. Note how long they last after you press the button and how fast you can switch to bomb mod while your shield is on. Then attempt to run them over and definitely use the circling technique but not for too long because that heavy disc can actually still get you if your circling comes apart too far.

Just intimidate them with a few circles, speed boost away, immediate 180 back (and I mean tap the direction button super fast to turn back almost instantly. For some reason, this confuses players and they just stand then not knowing your quickly approaching them for a sneak attack) and speed boost to run them over before they can even hit you with the heavy disc.

Be quick and sharp. Relaxed brains will make this really hard.
This is the area where you truly refine your skills.

Once upon a time, many of us complained about the light tanks and how being in one was considered spamming/tank hogging or cheating. Now we all know that hopping in a tank doesn't really mean a great advantage anymore as they are extremely easy to defeat using your bombs while speed boosting your way to it.

Practice switching, fast turns, boosting and shielding yourself and this problem will cease. In fact, you will invite it once you know how to deal with it.
Sometimes, I hop off myself to give em a taste of their own medicine!
Play HARD fellas! When you encounter a challenge that looks unfair, it's time to use everything you got.

...unless of course, they're using actual cheats.
Oh and ignore the leaderboards. Hacked city. LOLwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

typicaltronname
User

on Saturday, March, 19, 2011 5:47 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:@Typicaltronname

Had fun derezzing you in defrag today until you decided to switch sides.

I usually only switch sides when the other team is outnumbered, that's the only time. I can't remember back to 5 days ago (the 14th) I take my losses where I get them. I don't mind losing, I just hate being slaughtered.

I'll usually leave when it's 3-1 game. I hate being the only person left on my team.

CorrupTron
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 1:37 PM
Is there a way to stop the connection when it tries to join a game and it just spins and hangs without having to reboot the whole game? I've had to do that like 5 times already and I just can't stand sitting through the menus one more time. So frustrating.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ravennh
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2011 11:07 PM
I get booted/ banned or they shut server down if they start loosing too much. More than normal. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

annimusprime
User

on Sunday, April, 03, 2011 10:15 PM
How do you add a contact to the msn live thing?

Example:
http://cid-6fabe170db015543.profile.live.com/connect/?ru=http%3a%2f%2fsn130w.snt130.mail.live.com%2fmail%2fContactMainLight.aspx%3fSearchEmailKeyWord%3dgoldshirtkirk%26n%3d59159106

I can't add just the name, it is asking for the whole address like either from live.com or hotmail.com .. I can't just add the name of someone's contact. It won't accept it and I don't know what to do about it. So, I got this new game and I can't add new contact players to join in my game like Bit Runner. Please help me! Please, give the whole address if the MSN won't allow any other method of how to add contacts with just names for contacts without the origin such as live or hot mail.

HELP!!!!

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Tron: Evolution Multiplayer