TRON: Evolution 
 PC issue - Save data loss

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 3:16 AM
I've lost my save data three times now (particularly upset about this time since I was at level 45) because of Games for Windows Live sign-in failures. Anyone know what I can do to prevent this in the future or how I can back up my saves?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Decker
User

RE: PC issue - Save data loss

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 11:55 PM
This is a serious issue. I just lost my save game data. The saves are located here:

\Documents\Disney Interactive Studios\Tron Evolution\SaveData\

as far as I can tell and you could make a backup of this data but I'm not sure that would help. My files are all there and yet there is no game to continue. This game is ruined with bugs.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

WiseHacker
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 12:29 AM
"This game is ruined with bugs"

What other bugs are there? I was thinking about this game, but if it's bug ridden I'll wait for a patch first.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Nar78
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 1:45 AM
Question. When you installed the game, did the setup create a shortcut to the game on your desktop?
It didn't on mine so I had to launch the game straight from the CD drive.
Also, I managed to create a shortcut by sending the drive shortcut in which the cd game was in, on my desktop, in which then i went into it's properties and changed the icon to the available Tron Legacy icon found on the icons folder in the game cd.
Weird. But resolved.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 2:27 AM
Nar78 Wrote:Question. When you installed the game, did the setup create a shortcut to the game on your desktop?
It didn't on mine so I had to launch the game straight from the CD drive.
Also, I managed to create a shortcut by sending the drive shortcut in which the cd game was in, on my desktop, in which then i went into it's properties and changed the icon to the available Tron Legacy icon found on the icons folder in the game cd.
Weird. But resolved.

The game exe is somewhere in the folder you installed the game to. It's called gridgamelauncher.exe or something. You should make a shortcut of this file to your desktop.

The game isn't really ridden with bugs. In fact, this issue is actually with Games for Windows Live, not with the game itself. The issue happens if you somehow progress past the title screen without logging in to Games for Windows Live. I guess it could be an issue with the game, as this happened in a much easier way than before (merely skipping the intro movie before GFWL can finish automatically signing me in) as of patch 1.01 (current version).

Propaganda and Microsoft are both at fault here, but moreso Propaganda since they can put measures in place to prevent this from happening.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Nar78
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 5:28 AM
Ohhhh...
I applied a change in the configuration file to skip the branding intro so it can jump right into the start screen. I hope it doesn't happen to me.
I will back up the saves folder now. Just in case.

By the way, thanks for the tip on the shortcut icon. I found it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 6:10 AM

As TRON.dll found out, this problem with saves going missing is a Games for Windows Live issue. It's not specific to Evolution. It happens in all GfWL games.

What's happening is that GfWL treats offline saves and online saves as being different. If you sign into your account online and play the game, you must ALWAYS keep signing in. Or if you stay offline when you start the game, you must ALWAYS stay offline.

If you switch mid-game between playing offline and playing online, GfWL will erase the one type of save to make room for the other.

So to save yourself the headache, just always sign in and play while you're online. That way, if you were playing offline but then decide you want to jump into a multiplayer game, you won't lose your progress because you forgot about not going online.

Either type of saved game can be easily backed up, so that if you ever end up losing your progress, you can copy back the save file and you are good to go again.

And yes, this idea to treat offline and online saves differently is an extremely stupid decision.

As for bugs, I only encountered one. Sometimes Anon will freeze up during combat, and won't animate any more. So you have to die in order to continue. But this same bug occurs across all versions of the game.

Nar78 Wrote:
I applied a change in the configuration file to skip the branding intro so it can jump right into the start screen. I hope it doesn't happen to me.

Nah, that won't make it happen.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 9:11 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

As for bugs, I only encountered one. Sometimes Anon will freeze up during combat, and won't animate any more. So you have to die in order to continue. But this same bug occurs across all versions of the game.

I've had that happen while playing mulitplayer. Very annoying but I can say it only happened once. I had to wait for somebody to derezz me before I could play again.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

terrychoichelsea
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 4:12 AM
this is a big problems. I never like Window Live. Difficult to download the profile every times, always cause problems with my pc.

can they just allow to save without window live? Let me play in peace please!!!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Nar78
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 1:16 PM
I agree. Windows Live is a burden more than it is an advantage. Microsoft Games wants to keep tabs on everyone who's playing their Live games on top of other reasons.

Though I never have issues when loading up myself. Not sure if it has anything to do with having a fast computer, but so far my load ups are very quick.
Still, its something I could live without. In fact, when I first bought this game, it took me a whole HOUR just to set up everything! That includes the installation of the game, Windows Live, the updates i had to download for this retched Live software and configure my profile.

The only thing i like about Live, is making friends while playing and arranging games with them. That's the only thing since you cant chat while playing with on screen text. And the mic feature is probably the worst thing in the Live function. Many still don't know they have theirs on and you sometimes get very loud gargling noises.

But, I guess we all have to learn to deal with it and make the best of it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 9:39 AM

I forgot to mention Game Save Manager before.

http://gsm.duncsweb.com/?s=download

This program lets you easily back up your saves from many games, including Evolution.

All current games are supposed to be putting game saves in one place. Windows 7 even has a special Saved Games folder just for this purpose. But game developers don't seem to care and keep putting saves wherever they feel like it. So this program lets you find where all the saves are.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Nar78
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 11:07 AM
Awesome! Thanks TronFaq

terrychoichelsea
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 7:20 AM
this may help us a bit. Try it on. thx.

Nar78
User

on Friday, September, 23, 2011 12:56 AM
Great... I can no longer play this game online because someone hacked my email account which is the same account i use for windows live. I can't sign in because my password was changed and so was my security question answer.... I fricken hate that they implemented Windows Live to this game. Its such bullshzz... Now I have to recreate a new account and make up a super ultra long and complex password and play the whole damn thing over again so I can reach my 1000 100% complete status and be able to play online as fresh meat all over...GRRRRRRR
It's hardly worth all the effort. Hope I don't get hacked again.
Hotmail doesnt have any customer support regardless of the fact that it gives you the option to reach customer support to regain your account. I can't even send the game code either.
This sucks. Well... see ya.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution