TRON: Evolution 
 Jalen--A Potential Link Between Battle Grids and Evolution

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Jalen
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 1:28 PM
Name your ISO "Jalen" in Battle Grids, and it links the two stories together perfectly!

In Evolution, it is briefly mentioned that Abraxas was once Jalen, the former ISO Grid Games Champion who was believed to have been derezzed.

If you play through Battle Grids as "Jalen", then you can imagine this story is the story of how Jalen became the champion, and would then later attract the attention of Clu.

Matter of fact, there's no reason to say that this wasn't likely the intention of the makers of the game anyway. It certainly makes sense to me...

One of the cool things about it, is since there is no rendition of Jalen in Evolution, it leaves his appearance up to you to decide in Battle Grids.

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

binaryzero
User

RE: Jalen--A Potential Link Between Battle Grids and Evolution

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 8:16 PM
funny enough i was just thinking the same thing last night while listening to the abraxas shards.

Jalen was the first ISO grid champion which makes him directly the character from battle grids, if all is supposed to be 'canon'.
my theory is the virus/tinkering with jalen is derived from the isomorphic virus used to poison the sea of simulation. it would tie every loose end up rather easily.

surprised the tron files and shards haven't been transcribed for the wiki yet.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Jalen
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 11:31 PM
Glad you agree!

I played through Evolution first before getting Battle Grids, and when I did, I found myself a little underwhelmed with Battle Grid's Story Mode, because there didn't seem to be anything significant about it at all. However, it is really nice to see the same worlds from Evolution in a much happier, thriving state, particularly Bostrum Colony.

I have always enjoyed the narrative modes in games more than multiplayer tournaments, and being as obsessed with Tron as I am, I figured the Jalen link would be just what *I* needed to make the whole experience feel complete.

I was *almost* going to suggest we consider the defeated character from the Comic Con trailer to be Jalen...but then I realized that Flynn was old in that trailer, and therefore the timeline doesn't fit. Bummer!

getaclu
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 6:44 AM
Wow that is awesome that Battle Grids is connected that way! I'm gonna change my ISO's name to Jalen and switch his color to green!

Jalen
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 10:25 AM
getaclu Wrote:Wow that is awesome that Battle Grids is connected that way! I'm gonna change my ISO's name to Jalen and switch his color to green!

That's awesome, mine is green, too! I think it makes sense for Jalen to be the same color as the Survivalists....for two reasons...

• In Battle Grids, there are a few ISO Survivalists who mention to your character that you seem to fit in with them (there of course are others who are rather rude, but whatever...)
  • In Evolution, Radia was friends with Gibson, which means that she has a good relationship with the Survivalists, which means her friendship with Jalen is entirely possible, even if he's a Survivalist.

I'm pretty willing to bet that after the Grid Games are over, maybe a couple cycles later, Jalen decides to move to Bostrum Colony, and hang with Gibson. Going to Bostrum Colony in Battle Grids then serves a good purpose for Jalen's character. Otherwise, it's just a distraction from the tournament, and an excuse to ride some Light Runners. I think it fits pretty well!

Jalen
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 11:58 AM
Oh, another thing!!

If Jalen was a Survivalist (and thus, green in color), and a close friend of Gibson, it makes Gibson's confrontation with Abraxas and eventual corruption carry much more weight and emotional resonance.

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 8:17 PM
Jalen Wrote:
getaclu Wrote:Wow that is awesome that Battle Grids is connected that way! I'm gonna change my ISO's name to Jalen and switch his color to green!

That's awesome, mine is green, too! I think it makes sense for Jalen to be the same color as the Survivalists....for two reasons...

• In Battle Grids, there are a few ISO Survivalists who mention to your character that you seem to fit in with them (there of course are others who are rather rude, but whatever...)
  • In Evolution, Radia was friends with Gibson, which means that she has a good relationship with the Survivalists, which means her friendship with Jalen is entirely possible, even if he's a Survivalist.

I'm pretty willing to bet that after the Grid Games are over, maybe a couple cycles later, Jalen decides to move to Bostrum Colony, and hang with Gibson. Going to Bostrum Colony in Battle Grids then serves a good purpose for Jalen's character. Otherwise, it's just a distraction from the tournament, and an excuse to ride some Light Runners. I think it fits pretty well!

Well, Bostrum Colony was set up by ISOs that wanted to have a more independant existance outside of Arjia City and Tron City.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

terrychoichelsea
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 7:18 AM
well, i'm quite sure Disney intend to link up both two games together, considering their "brillant piece of work" to link up comics-games-movies. Not a surprise they link up two games in this rate. Actually, i have no problem linking two games up, add a bit extra motivation indeed.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 12:59 PM
terrychoichelsea Wrote:well, i'm quite sure Disney intend to link up both two games together, considering their "brillant piece of work" to link up comics-games-movies. Not a surprise they link up two games in this rate. Actually, i have no problem linking two games up, add a bit extra motivation indeed.

Disney definately intended to link all the games to the world of TRON, it is just each game takes place in a different time period. TRON Evolution for the PC, PS3 and XBOX 360 takes place in the same time span with the other games taking place in the early eighties right after TRON to the mid Eighties and Nineties.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Jalen
User

on Sunday, January, 30, 2011 11:55 AM
We all know the games are intended to be linked together to create a larger story. I was just suggesting we consider the protagonist of Battle Grids to be Jalen, since it is not directly stated in Battle Grids, but heavily hinted at in Evolution. It also makes the story of Abraxas carry more weight as well.

anonymouspunk89
User

on Tuesday, April, 19, 2011 8:22 PM
Ya know, you guys have a great point. I never thought that the main character of Battle Grids could be Jalen.

ZexionVI
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 5:11 PM
I'm actually writing a "novel" of sorts based on the games.
I'm including the fact that the main character is Jalen in my section for Battle Grids.
I know I won't be able to publish it, but I'm considering editing something together for people to read it online
I'd like to give all credit to this thread for bringing this fact to light

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 5:29 PM
I was under the impression that Jalen was the co-leader of the ISO's with Ophelia/Radia in TRON: Betrayal.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution