TRON: Evolution 
 The Game Has Changed (PS3)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
emdeesee
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 9:33 AM
As Stasis Aux stealth is becoming more fashionable around the grids, the one-hit heavy disc strike has becoming much less effective. For the first time, I've found myself going toe-to-toe with opponents in melee/block/dodge brawls, after we've both expended all the energy we had trying to hit each other with thrown discs and smashes - still standing, but with too little power to risk trying to escape. Much less run and gun; much more wait and feint.

Tanks have newfound importance, particularly in Power Monger. They are useful for clearing nodes of programs packing Stasis Aux.

Teamwork has also become a greater factor: one teammate can engage stealthy opponents directly, drawing them into moving and becoming vulnerable, while another stands off, waiting to make a decisive disc strike when the Stasis Aux cloak drops.

This shift has been problematic for me, as I've developed the habit of not engaging programs that are standing still - that is, seemingly "not in play". More and more, though, the stationary opponent is the one you need to look out for.

It's pretty interesting watching these strategies evolve.

G M Master 7th
User

RE: The Game Has Changed (PS3)

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 1:57 PM
I have the game for Xbox 360 and was one of the top players, but due to Live been so damn expensive I'm thinking of re-buying for PS3.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 3:03 PM
This is good news! Been tired of the same ol' attacks all the time.

Haven't played in a while, because I got a new game. But it's good to know that the Heavy disc attacks are going out of style. Glad this game just became more strategic.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CorrupTron
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 3:06 PM
Just played a game of defrag and EVERYBODY was sniping with heavy disc. Jeez. Go play heat sink if you want to do disc wars. When I'm on a bike I want to race, not take cheap shots.

emdeesee
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 3:37 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:
Just played a game of defrag and EVERYBODY was sniping with heavy disc. [...]

What mode were you playing, CorrupTron? I've been playing a lot of Power Monger lately, and maybe stealth is popping up more there than in other modes (though I have seen it used to good effect in Disintegration and Team Disintegration with a fair amount of sniping going on).order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

D-Rezzer
User

on Tuesday, April, 12, 2011 11:27 AM
G M Master 7th Wrote:I have the game for Xbox 360 and was one of the top players, but due to Live been so damn expensive I'm thinking of re-buying for PS3.

I'd get a PS3. It really depends if you are willing to part with the system exclusives like Halo and Gears of War

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 15, 2011 2:41 AM
D-Rezzer Wrote:
G M Master 7th Wrote:I have the game for Xbox 360 and was one of the top players, but due to Live been so damn expensive I'm thinking of re-buying for PS3.

I'd get a PS3. It really depends if you are willing to part with the system exclusives like Halo and Gears of War

CONSOLE WARS!!!!!!!!!

I kid. I am very pleased with PS3, and you can find it cheap on eBay. Just make sure the seller doesn't swindle you into buying a PS3 with a banned serial number.

If it has a banned Serial number, you can't access PSN, which is X-Box market Place equivalent. You can't download updates even.

It's got a heft price tag, though. Not that I'm complaining; I love the damn machine. It was my first paycheck after getting my first job.

It was a pat on the back to myself.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, April, 17, 2011 9:42 PM
imo u shouldn't complain about ppl using heavy discs... as most of the "Veteran" players use it cause we know it can be the most effective load out against everyone...the trick is to learn how to stratigize against ppl when they use certain load outs. after playing for so long with so many different types of ppl i've learned to adapt and counter against ppls stratigies without having to switch my loadout...i'm a heavy disc user but i've learned when and how to use different discs against certain types of plaers but i still keep the same loadout

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution