Status Bar 
 Favorite composers

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TRON.dll
User

Favorite composers

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 12:19 AM
I've noticed a lot of interesting opinions regarding composers in a few threads recently, so I figured this could bring up some interesting conversation.

List your favorite composers (film, tv, games, etc) and what works you like them best for. Feel free to add in some additional insight on why you like their work.

Mine are:

Harry-Gregson Williams (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Call of Duty 4)
-His MGS3 soundtrack really captured the mood of 1960's espionage, and really served as a great opposite to the previous, electronic-infused Metal Gear Solid 2 soundtrack. Call of Duty 4's soundtrack provided great orchestrated action cues that weren't off the walls insane like the newer games in the series. The pieces he composed for the All Ghillied Up mission still send chills down my spine and occasionally draw tears. Definitely the best soundtrack of all the Call of Duty games.

Ian Livingstone (Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor)
-While everyone recognizes Jeremy Soule for the Company of Heroes soundtrack, I personally find Ian Livingstone's tracks to be the height of the soundtrack. Since all his tracks are for the British faction, I usually find myself playing as Britain because of how great the music is.

Daft Punk (Tron: Legacy)
-I like these guys solely as film composers. I've listened to some of their music, and I know I'm going to be bludgeoned for this, but I don't really care much for their actual music. Derezzed, Castor, and End of Line aren't really my favorite tracks on the soundtrack, consequently. But I feel like the electronic Hans Zimmer style really worked out in the end. I won't post a video for these guys since all of you have likely heard every track from the soundtrack about a million times.

Michael Giacchino (Medal of Honor: Frontline, Medal of Honor: Airborne, The Incredibles)
-This guy has composed the music for all the Medal of Honor games (sans Rising Sun, Pacific Assault, European Assault, and the 2010 one), and while I love the music from all of them, I find Frontline and Airborne to be the height of the series' soundtracks. Frontline's use of slow, emotional songs was incredibly unique for a World War II shooter, and Airborne's use of music from previous games along with the new music composed for the game ended up making the game feel like a respectable wave goodbye to World War II for the series. Regarding The Incredibles, I think it can be generally accepted that it had a really great soundtrack, so no need to explain there.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

trekking95
User

RE: Favorite composers

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 12:36 AM
Y U No have middle video working?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 12:58 AM
trekking95 Wrote:Y U No have middle video working?

Fixed.

PSN - TRON-dll

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 2:46 AM
Thats better! where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Save Tron 3!

AriesT
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 7:14 AM
I love many composers.
Starting with Uematsu (Final Fantasy), Koji Kondo (Super Mario, Zelda) or the one who made the music for Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade (You poor guys really miss the best japanese RPG in ages).

For films, I guess I prefer our beloved Hans Zimmer. Why? Because I come from the same city he is from (Frankfurt, Germany).
Though he is not good in creating catchy melodies, he is a master in making thrilling scenes even more thrilling.

basserandstuff
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 1:37 PM
My favourite composer is Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings). I love the music, and it inspires me to play piano (but currently I only have a keyboard, so I'll stick with that). where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

mastercilinder
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 1:39 PM
Always will have soft spots for John Williams and Danny Elfman's earlier work.

Plus, Ennio Moricone and John Carpenter.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

trekking95
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 3:37 PM
I would have to pick John Williams and Daft Punk....and the guys that did Back to the Future. Who are they?

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 14, 2011 9:34 PM
trekking95 Wrote:I would have to pick John Williams and Daft Punk....and the guys that did Back to the Future. Who are they?

Alan Silvestri. He's also done some pretty good soundtracks like Predator and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Adding to my list, I also quite like Jerry Goldsmith, who composed Alien, and John Barry, who composed a lot of James Bond films and The Black Hole.

PSN - TRON-dll

Kat
User

on Tuesday, November, 15, 2011 8:14 PM
Do they have to be alive?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, November, 15, 2011 9:23 PM
Kat Wrote:Do they have to be alive?
Please dont say Mozart!!!!!! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 15, 2011 10:53 PM
Kat Wrote:Do they have to be alive?

Not necessarily.

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 Favorite composers