New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
ShadowSpark
User

RE: BBOX (Bruce Boxleitner) Talks Tron:Uprising

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 1:42 AM
cool83 Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:
cool83 Wrote:I've often thought of a three piece NERF disc. It would consist of three parts, a heavy plastic inner ring and two durable foam disc parts. The inner ring would have to allow for proper deflection, which would allow the transfer of energy needed to "Bounce" back. The game would consist of two players on a racket ball court taking turns at hitting each other. A legal strike can only be made by deflecting your disc off of two walls. Players are allowed to move UNTIL the opponent's disc is released. Attacks are made in turn, not at the same time. If there is no hit, movement may continue. The player who launched the failed attack must reclaim their failed disc, but must follow the rule of disc release, and stop if the opponent disc is thrown. This may seem impossible, but given the difficulty in hitting your opponent, this would make for a very fast paced and exhausting game. The player with most hits wins. After a hit, players are allowed to reset, with the scoring player having the first throw.

Now all we need is a proper NERF Identity disc.
So like the foam outer ring, a plastic ring in the center and a foam ring in the center of that?

No, the disc is in two pieces, as if cut in half, like slicing bread. The heavy plastic ring(or other more suitable material)would sandwich between the two disc halves, fitting in the grooves in both ring halves. it's just a dream really, but I would pay $75.00 for a competition Identity disc.

You could make one. Get the supplies from a craft store.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

trekking95
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 1:48 AM
cool83 Wrote:No, the disc is in two pieces, as if cut in half, like slicing bread. The heavy plastic ring(or other more suitable material)would sandwich between the two disc halves, fitting in the grooves in both ring halves. it's just a dream really, but I would pay $75.00 for a competition Identity disc.
Why would you want two halves? Sorry is there is something simple I am missing.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 2:02 AM
trekking95 Wrote:
cool83 Wrote:No, the disc is in two pieces, as if cut in half, like slicing bread. The heavy plastic ring(or other more suitable material)would sandwich between the two disc halves, fitting in the grooves in both ring halves. it's just a dream really, but I would pay $75.00 for a competition Identity disc.

I don't think you want to halves. I think that the disk is one piece, but if you were to cut it in half, that's what you'd find. Am I right?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

cool83
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 3:04 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:

I don't think you want to halves. I think that the disk is one piece, but if you were to cut it in half, that's what you'd find. Am I right?

Yes. The key to the disc is the center ring. It needs to be heavy and return to it's original shape quickly. This will allow it to bounce off walls and keep most of it's forward motion. Again, the key is the material for the center ring, or core. Diving suit glue would hold it all together, making a complete disc. It may need a metal core material. My brain is hurting.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

trekking95
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 3:13 AM
We all could try making one to see how it goes and come here and say!

Save Tron 3!

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 3:15 AM
cool83 Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:

Yes. The key to the disc is the center ring. It needs to be heavy and return to it's original shape quickly. This will allow it to bounce off walls and keep most of it's forward motion. Again, the key is the material for the center ring, or core. Diving suit glue would hold it all together, making a complete disc. It may need a metal core material. My brain is hurting.

Try heavy rubber for the core material. It would bounce, and it would hold its shape. My dad suggests sheet rubber. And my dad knows this sort of thing. He can build almost anything.

Tron Lives!

trekking95
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 3:18 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:Try heavy rubber for the core material. It would bounce, and it would hold its shape. My dad suggests sheet rubber. And my dad knows this sort of thing. He can build almost anything.
So the rubber part would stick out the edge like the light up part on the deluxe one?
And why don't you see if your dad can make one for you?

Also will the disc ever really come back or is the idea more for fun?

Save Tron 3!

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 3:44 AM
trekking95 Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:Try heavy rubber for the core material. It would bounce, and it would hold its shape. My dad suggests sheet rubber. And my dad knows this sort of thing. He can build almost anything.
So the rubber part would stick out the edge like the light up part on the deluxe one?

No, if we did it like that, it could seriously hurt some one. I don't think this one would light up.

trekking95 Wrote:And why don't you see if your dad can make one for you?

No money for the materials for one, and no free time for another.

trekking95 Wrote:Also will the disc ever really come back or is the idea more for fun?

I suppose you could tie it to your wrist with string, but it might get tangled up in something. So, probably not. It would bounce of the walls/ceiling/floor and then come to a stop. I suppose guidelines for retrieval would have to be written into the rules.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

Rectify
User

on Sunday, February, 19, 2012 8:44 PM
Haha ... BBox ... I love it.

He sure seems confident about a sequel to Legacy. It may be time to officially get my hopes up, that TRON has been rescued from the Sea of Simulation by Zuse and GEM who obviously had enough time to escape the destruction of the club.

Thank you for the videos.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, February, 19, 2012 9:04 PM
Cindy Morgan posted on Facebook yesterday that TR3N is a go. I found out via the very cool YORI LIVES group on Facebook, which I subscribed to. There's TONS of cool behinds-the-scenes stuff on there, i.e., the computer Flynn was using to hack into ENCOM in the first film, was an Apple 3, etc.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 10:14 PM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:Cindy Morgan posted on Facebook yesterday that TR3N is a go. I found out via the very cool YORI LIVES group on Facebook, which I subscribed to. There's TONS of cool behinds-the-scenes stuff on there, i.e., the computer Flynn was using to hack into ENCOM in the first film, was an Apple 3, etc.

Can you link to it? All I get is this group with Bob Plissken's name all over it.

Also, any word of Cindy's involvement?

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 BBOX (Bruce Boxleitner) Talks Tron:Uprising