General Discussion 
 FINALLY!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
psyence53
User

FINALLY!

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 10:23 AM
Hey guys, i'm back again. How are you doing? I FINALLY WATCHED ORIGINAL TRON!!!!
I was waiting until I was sure I wouldn't be distracted by anything. My god, people say it's dated but I thought it was beautiful! I especially liked the water and the digitization! And I feel my whole Tron experience has deepened. PLUS I have just received TRON 2.0 in the mail! I AM SO HAPPY! CANT WAIT.

PS. I hope no one has stolen Clu from me in my absence ¬_¬order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

RenegadeProgram
User

RE: FINALLY!

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 11:35 AM
Greetings, Program!

You'll LOVE Tron 2.0. I got it last year for my birthday and it is AMAZING!!!!!!I wish that someone had also created a TR1N game in the style of Tron 2.0. That would be COOL!!!! I've played through Tron 2.0 once and am about to do it again. The last boss is HARD!!!!! Took me a few tries to beat him! Enjoy!

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

tronfan72
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 1:15 PM
Did you watch the original on Blu-Ray? Thats the best way to appreciate the visual effects. The restoration is fantastic. I agree that the film is still BEAUTIFUL despite that the film was made in the 80's.

I hope that Disney will convert this to 3D for a Theatrical Re-release. That would be awesome! Maybe even a IMAX 3D! O.o

BEGIN THE UPRISING

DrP
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 1:25 PM
Never too late to see the original tron.

By the way, if you start playing Tron 2.0 make sure you install the "KILLAR APP" mod as they upgraded a lot of stuff, including adding widescreen support I believe.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

Kat
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 9:14 PM
Damn, been a long time since we've seen you here.

I finally got to see the original over the summer as well-- the library kept me waiting on it for 9 or 10 months, so I finally found it on Youtube, or rather someone linked me to it. (Of course I watched all the behind-the-scenes stuff when I got it from the library, though.)

You know what? Dated for now perhaps, but at the time-- whoa, man.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DrP
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 2:33 PM
Kat Wrote:Damn, been a long time since we've seen you here.

I finally got to see the original over the summer as well-- the library kept me waiting on it for 9 or 10 months, so I finally found it on Youtube, or rather someone linked me to it. (Of course I watched all the behind-the-scenes stuff when I got it from the library, though.)

Kat-
I don't believe you. Over 1,600 posts on "TRON-sector" and your waiting 9 months for the library to get a copy of tron so you can watch it? Gee, there should be a rule that if you reach over 1,000 posts on this site you get a free copy of the blu-ray Tron/Tron:legay set!

You may just want to take the plunge and pick up a copy of these movies, this is the set I own, and it's very nice. Tron is not something you want to watch on "youtube" but rather a big screen with 7.1 surround sound: http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Four-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/dp/B004K4N64E

END OF LINE

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 6:57 PM
psyence53 Wrote:PLUS I have just received TRON 2.0 in the mail! I AM SO HAPPY! CANT WAIT.

After installing the game and starting it up (make sure you do so in administrator mode if you're on Windows Vista or 7), you'll want to grab the unofficial v1.042 patch from TronFAQ's site. It fixes a lot of issues with singleplayer and multiplayer, but also breaks your save files, so make sure you haven't made too much progress before installing it. (that patch is required for multiplayer, so you might as well download it first)

You can also get the official v1.042 patch from the Tron-Sector file archives. The unofficial version provides some more fixes and allows for more custom multiplayer maps to be installed.

PS. I hope no one has stolen Clu from me in my absence ¬_¬

Someone wrote an..uh...interesting fan-fic on Valentines day. I wouldn't recommend looking it up. At all.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 8:45 PM

Greetings program! Yeah Tron is great isn't it?
One of the best movies ever made...

Enjoy TRON 2.0 it goes great with a nice glowing drink!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 10:46 PM
DrP Wrote:

Kat-
I don't believe you. Over 1,600 posts on "TRON-sector" and your waiting 9 months for the library to get a copy of tron so you can watch it? Gee, there should be a rule that if you reach over 1,000 posts on this site you get a free copy of the blu-ray Tron/Tron:legay set!

You may just want to take the plunge and pick up a copy of these movies, this is the set I own, and it's very nice. Tron is not something you want to watch on "youtube" but rather a big screen with 7.1 surround sound: http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Four-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/dp/B004K4N64E

Nah. I never buy movies. I own one DVD-- a copy of Young Frankenstein that my mom got me for Christmas years and years ago. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. About a year ago I finally took the plastic wrap off because I felt guilty about that. Still haven't watched it. It's covered with dust. I just... don't watch movies when I'm by myself, usually. So I didn't see a point in dropping 40 bucks on the set or however much it cost; I haven't even gotten around yet to buying the DVD set of a TV show about my coworkers, FFS. I just... don't buy DVDs! Whenever I'm at a flea market or something, i look through the used DVDs just in case, though.

Besides, I don't have a big screen. i have a computer with a 18-or-20 inch CRT monitor....

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

DrP
User

on Monday, March, 05, 2012 4:14 PM
Kat Wrote:
DrP Wrote:

Kat-

Nah. I never buy movies. I own one DVD-- a copy of Young Frankenstein that my mom got me for Christmas years and years ago. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. About a year ago I finally took the plastic wrap off because I felt guilty about that. Still haven't watched it. It's covered with dust. I just... don't watch movies when I'm by myself, usually. So I didn't see a point in dropping 40 bucks on the set or however much it cost; I haven't even gotten around yet to buying the DVD set of a TV show about my coworkers, FFS. I just... don't buy DVDs! Whenever I'm at a flea market or something, i look through the used DVDs just in case, though.

Besides, I don't have a big screen. i have a computer with a 18-or-20 inch CRT monitor....

So I guess you don't watch too many movies? Is the reason behind not buying movies cost, or you just have no interest in watching the same movie twice. I know many people who are like "I saw that already, yes it was good, but I don't want to watch it again."

Personally, if there is a movie I really like I will watch it many times (the tron movies are like this for me). I actually own multiple copies of Tron. Blu-ray, DVD, VHS, and my prized Laserdisc version. And also the "Story of Tron" on LP, I don't know if that counts?
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

Kat
User

on Monday, March, 05, 2012 11:15 PM
DrP Wrote:
So I guess you don't watch too many movies? Is the reason behind not buying movies cost, or you just have no interest in watching the same movie twice. I know many people who are like "I saw that already, yes it was good, but I don't want to watch it again."

Personally, if there is a movie I really like I will watch it many times (the tron movies are like this for me). I actually own multiple copies of Tron. Blu-ray, DVD, VHS, and my prized Laserdisc version. And also the "Story of Tron" on LP, I don't know if that counts?

TBH with you, I just don't get around to it. I don't buy books because there are very few I want to read more than once (or think I need on hand for reference, like nonfic stuff on things I'm interested in). I don't buy movies because most I don't want to see more than once, and even my favorites I don't tend to think of rewatching. In part because I'm not much of a solo movie watcher, I guess; I like to do it with other people.

If one of my faves is on TV when I'm flipping channels (that is, at my mom's house, since I don't own one), I have to watch it (which has elicited many a groan from my mom. "Wait, don't change it! It's Bill & Ted / Young Frankenstein / The Princess Bride / whatever!" "But we've seen it a billion times!"). I can quote along with the dialogue extensively, but I still have to watch it. The Tron movies would probably be the same way. But I don't usually seek out to watch stuff on my own. So it seems pointless to me to buy it if it'd never get watched.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

J
User

on Wednesday, March, 07, 2012 5:17 AM
The first film is a big favorite of mine. Helped keep my sanity through the Comp Sci course from hell.

But I find it painful to watch now due to Legacy's events.

That cheerful smartass of a protagonist? Widowed before 35, goes half-insane from all the stress, is betrayed by his own creation and spends the equivalent of a thousand years in exile, a broken and ruined man.

The great Program hero? Betrayed, broken, twisted into something that violates everything he ever fought for, trapped for twenty years in that form when he spent only eight as a hero. there are fates a lot worse than de-rez, and he got the short straw on almost all of them. It makes Sark's line about "We would have made a great team" a LOT more chilling in retrospect.

His creator? Shit...no matter what timeline you use, life sucks for Alan. The canon timeline is at least a little nicer by sparing Lora's life, but she's still three time zones away. Meanwhile, he ends up holding the proverbial bag and cleaning up what Flynn left behind; raising Sam, being the only sane man in a boardroom that makes Dillinger Sr. look good, holding onto a pager like a saint's medal in the faint hope a call will come in...and after all that loyalty and faith? It's for nothing, really. His friend is still gone, and he will never get answers.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, March, 07, 2012 12:02 PM
Redemption for all at the end, though. A thousand cycles late and several bitcoins short, and doesn't make up for all the bad shit, but it's there. (Not that I should talk, since in my private post-T:L fic, everyone comes to a bad end, but still.) Makes you wonder where they'll take T:3 with all of the hope and new beginnings they built up to at the end of T:L; part of me hopes they won't take it quite so dark again with all the characters have already been through; how much angst can they possibly build in without it getting old/to be too much?

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Alexander
User

on Tuesday, May, 02, 2017 3:13 AM
This is my most visited site now! If your lurking just go ahead and register and join the fun!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 FINALLY!