General Discussion 
 The Passing of Moebius

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tronprogram
Sector Admin

The Passing of Moebius

on Saturday, March, 10, 2012 1:59 PM
I'm sure many people of heard today about the passing of Jean "Moebius" Giraud. He was 73 years old.

I never met him, but his work and imagination left an unmistakable mark on so many people around the world. Especially to most people here, needless to say his work on TRON was exceptional. I have one of his original storyboards from TRON which you can see here:

http://www.tron-sector.com/gallery/default.aspx?a=g&s=1&c=14

He'll be sorely missed by many in the art community. RIP Moebius. Thank you for helping to bring our electronic world to life. I dare say you're re-designing heaven right now.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Kat
User

RE: The Passing of Moebius

on Saturday, March, 10, 2012 2:53 PM
tronprogram Wrote: I dare say you're re-designing heaven right now.

I can just imagine: "It's heaven, man. Don't you think it should.... maybe glow a little more?"

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, March, 10, 2012 3:03 PM
Thanks for posting this, Tronprogram. I was unaware that he had passed. His contributions to the TRON universe and the world of art in general have been invaluable. He will be missed. Rest in peace, Moebius.

continuity
User

on Saturday, March, 10, 2012 4:33 PM
A superb artist and designer. It's a shame we won't see any more of his brilliance. I am grateful for his work on TRON and so many other works.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, March, 10, 2012 5:22 PM
RIP Moebius. But we can be glad he was here for Tron Legacy.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, March, 11, 2012 6:06 AM
Sigh. RIP Moebius.
The concept art world has lost a couple greats the last couple weeks. That's tough.
Ralph McQuarrie (Star Wars), and now Moebius (Tron)

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Xeavone
User

on Sunday, March, 11, 2012 10:48 AM
While I didn't know him personally, as an artist myself, he'll be greatly missed for his creativity, inspiration, and his contributation to the art world. I wish his friends and relatives future peace and happiness.

"Born into a sea of megabytes, as we now define a datatronic symbiosis for the new times to come forth; new, perfect machines. We're here to light the way alongside the ministry of your decay. Disrupting all comprimise, you'll follow the line." ~ Sybreed's Slave Design: Synthetic Breed

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 11, 2012 4:26 PM

Traahn Wrote:
The concept art world has lost a couple greats the last couple weeks. That's tough.
Ralph McQuarrie (Star Wars), and now Moebius (Tron)
Indeed.

RIP both Moebius and Ralph McQuarrie.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

RenegadeProgram
User

on Sunday, March, 11, 2012 7:05 PM
RIP Both Ralph McQuarrie and Moebius. I thank them for giving me and several thousand other people infinitely fascinating imaginary worlds that really give much fuel to our imaginations. Thanks for sending us to the amazing worlds of Star Wars, and of course, TRON! They will both be greatly missed.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

lifeasis
User

on Sunday, March, 11, 2012 11:10 PM
RIP Moebius, you will never ever be forgotten by us Tron fans worldwide. Thank you personally for your talented works and for helping to make Tron & what the art world is today.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Scrappile
User

on Tuesday, March, 13, 2012 12:50 AM
All of the greats are leaving us.

Ralph McQuarrie's loss really hurt, and now the passing of Moebius....

My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, March, 13, 2012 2:14 AM
Scrappile Wrote:All of the greats are leaving us.

Ralph McQuarrie's loss really hurt, and now the passing of Moebius....
Yeah, being a big Star Wars fan Ralph McQuarrie's was the worst.
Scrappile Wrote:My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.
Same here as well.

But they will always be remembered in their work by us fans.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, March, 13, 2012 11:55 PM
Wow, that's pretty upsetting. His visual designs were some of my favorite in all of the sci-fi films I've seen. They had a sort of iconic look to them; very inspiring.

In related news, Skyrim and Fallout 3 concept artist Adam Adamowicz just died from cancer a few weeks ago, as well. What's with all these concept artists dieing recently?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Loctevus
User

on Wednesday, March, 14, 2012 12:11 PM
These people here that were once walking among us has inspired our lives and has shapened our very reality in this world will be surely missed. As users and even programs. Will continue to inspire and shape todays world as we move on. Some of you out there will oneday walk the same line that they once walked. Never forget that each generation develops new ideas into the world today and someday it might be you that we remember aswell as these people who has inspired us today. I give thanks to them for bringing and changing the world with their creativity. Their names will go down in history and as users and programs. They will not be forgotten.
Thank you.

=(

I can just hear the cycles up there already racing.

=)

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 The Passing of Moebius