TRON: UPRISING 
 Can somebody explain this?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, May, 19, 2012 11:34 PM
As we all know, Uprising is set before Legacy. What we found out in Beck's Beginning, is that even though he is corrupted, he is still Tron. He is, in a way, pretending to be Rinzler. Why then, do we see him in Legacy willingly fighting the good guys?

ShadowSpark
User

RE: Can somebody explain this?

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 1:19 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:As we all know, Uprising is set before Legacy. What we found out in Beck's Beginning, is that even though he is corrupted, he is still Tron. He is, in a way, pretending to be Rinzler. Why then, do we see him in Legacy willingly fighting the good guys?

We'll probably find out in the course of the series. My guess is that in the end of the series, Clu captures Tron and repurposes him. Beck tries to come to the rescue and is then killed by either Clu or (the now-repurposed) Rinzler.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

ActiveX
User

on Sunday, May, 20, 2012 8:56 PM
Yeah, im thinking that eventually CLU recognizes rinzler is still Tron, and then does something to him to make him obedient.

"Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all."

gridbug
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 7:36 PM
Is Tron actually Rinzler in Uprising? I thought he was still himself, only too weak to effectively fight against Clu?

[ there is no spoon ]

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, May, 21, 2012 8:07 PM
ActiveX Wrote:Yeah, im thinking that eventually CLU recognizes rinzler is still Tron, and then does something to him to make him obedient.

Yes, that's my thinking. If you look at Legacy closely, CLU was using chinese balls to manipulate the Disc Wars fight between Sam and Rinzler. It was either to control the chamber's gravity OR Rinzler's actions.

The other thing is that I think Rinzler is actually the real TRON because in the end, he says "I fight for the Users". If it turns out to be Beck that becomes Rinzler working for CLU, then we have a clusterf---k of a problem relating to Legacy.

Has Beck ever met a User? No. And why use the plural word "users" when there is only ONE user named Flynn within an isolated server among programs that have never heard of Users. The ENCOM grid, however, programs know of the existence of Users, due to the open nature of the server.

Therefore, Beck can't be saying "I fight for the Users". Tron was the only one that has knowledge of them, besides CLU.

So, chances are Beck either gets derezzed or rectified. In the Games. Face to Face. With. Rinzler. With. Tears. In. His. Eyes.

While CLU smiles thinking, "Ah, poetic justice".

NickScalan
User

on Tuesday, May, 22, 2012 11:05 AM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
ActiveX Wrote:Tron was the only one that has knowledge of them, besides CLU.

Not sure of that. Apparently CLU did preach about the "Tyranny of the users" at some point. Quorra may have been a surrogate preacher promoting the users to the rebellion in the grid during Flynn's hiding. The programs did have a stunned reaction when Sam yelled out his name.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Nick,

"Bring me two Piña Coladas...one for each hand" - Garth Brooks

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, May, 22, 2012 4:41 PM
NickScalan Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
ActiveX Wrote:Tron was the only one that has knowledge of them, besides CLU.

Not sure of that. Apparently CLU did preach about the "Tyranny of the users" at some point. Quorra may have been a surrogate preacher promoting the users to the rebellion in the grid during Flynn's hiding. The programs did have a stunned reaction when Sam yelled out his name.

The reason the programs were shocked was because the name Flynn was mentioned and they know of Kevin Flynn as the User. But what they did'nt know is that Sam was his kid or know the existence of other Users.

After all, the server was isolated and cut off. No user can get in there and Kevin Flynn was the only one there for years. Think about it. The programs of the Grid had no relationship with their Users, but in the ENCOM server, they did, knowing that they were created after their Users and forced to renounce them when the MCP took control.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, May, 25, 2012 9:36 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:As we all know, Uprising is set before Legacy. What we found out in Beck's Beginning, is that even though he is corrupted, he is still Tron. He is, in a way, pretending to be Rinzler. Why then, do we see him in Legacy willingly fighting the good guys?

In my opinion, it could be explained easily in 1-2 sentences: in Uprising, Tron's damage is still fresh, and Tron therefore retains a sense of his true self, and as such, disguises himself as Rinzler to keep CLU and the boys off his back. By the time Legacy rolls around many cycles later, the memories of Tron's true identity have been repressed to the point where he's mute and is CLU 2's puppet on a strong, as CLU 2's rectification is in full effect. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, May, 27, 2012 6:34 PM
RenagadeProgram. That's sort of what I've been saying.

That Tron lost his memory over time, due to all the damage he incured, but while disguised as "Rinzler" to monitor and *pretend* to serve Clu. But once he "forgot" he was Tron, he continued to act as "Rinzler".

Until I see direct visual evidence in Tron related media I am **highly** doubtful Tron was ever put through any direct "rectification" initiatly.

Clu and others dont percieve Rinzler as Tron due to the "shell"/disguise masking Tron as a different Program.
It remains to be seen or proven that Clu ever actually discovered or knew Rinzler to ever be Tron and/or if Clu ever "rectified" or "re-purposed" him. We'll have to wait and see if that is ever delt with in Uprising...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, May, 29, 2012 5:47 AM
'Ah, you guys know what it's like, you just keep doing what it looks like you're supposed to be doing, no matter how crazy it seems.'

Flynn to Tron.

Perhaps its nothing more than this? But playing Clu's Dog for so long has taken its toll on him?

Gigs
User

on Tuesday, June, 05, 2012 2:47 AM
My guess is that Clu finds out Tron is hiding in plain sight as Rinzler and captures and repurposes him. Possibly during this series.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING