Niche hobby time: BJD Sark

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
BrokenLevel
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 3:01 AM
Long time no see, Tron Sector! OTL;;

I figured I'd post this here just for posterity's sake, as it's. Bizarre and tbh i'm kind of embarrassed oops but I figured if anyone would at least get a morbid kick out of it, it'd be you guys. So heyyy here I go.

I was extraordinarily bummed that no classic Tron figures were released at any point, so I decided to cut my losses and make my own damn figure with blackjack and hookers. But ofc I've decided to do it in the most lolwhat way possible and in the most niche scale imaginable. Score one for me.

I'm really fond of Asian ball-jointed dolls, have been in the hobby for just shy of a decade, and now I've crossed the streams in the most terrible way imaginable - i'M mAkInG a BiG wEiRd DoLl Of SaRk.

Here are a few WIP shots of the head, which was sculpted by the insurmountably amazing combatjacques.tumblr.com [NSFWish, some classic nude-styled sculptures]

When the head sculpt is finished, which we're guessing will be in mid-Julyish, I'll be sticking him on a fantastically befitting body [e.g. one that looks like it'd get knocked over by a strong breeze] and he'll be in the 1/3 scale, standing at about 70cm. \o/

and then i get to relive the special hell that was making my sark costume ONLY TINY AND IN DOLL FORM

oh dear god kill me now

Uh, anyway, on the extreme off-chance that anyone would like a copy of the head, some are available!

Once the head is finished I will be sending it off to be professionally cast in resin; there are currently 3 available, and once they're gone, they're gone for good. Each head will cost 120USD + shipping from me to you, and if you're interested in one, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll give you more details about. Uh. Absolutely everything.

Beyond this bit of crazy, in the next year or so, expect me to randomly pop up again with some more normal and accessible fare; like a pro-level Sark resin statue that's in-scale/theme with Sideshow's eventual releases. Which I will also be taking a very, very small amount of orders for. SWIMMING IN A SEA OF SARKS, NARROWLY AVOIDING DISNEY CEASE AND DESIST LETTERS, FISHING FOR A RESTRAINING ORDER FROM DAVID WARNER, etc, etc.

live fast and die nerdy yolo

i will frame the restraining order in gold and diamonds and shall polish it to a mirror shine daily with my tearsabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

RE: Niche hobby time: BJD Sark

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 8:27 PM
That is some scary good sculpting!

Sark used to frighten me as a kid and you captured that sly evil well!

Can't wait to see this progress. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

becktherenegade
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2012 8:35 PM
dude.... thats awesome! it would be cool to see some TRON:uprising figures like this as well. and actually, the figure being that big is not weird at all, its awesome! bigger figures usually are much more valuable and have a lot more cooler details!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Danial92
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 5:45 PM
WOW, this is an amazing work, keep it up. I agree with @Becktherenegade, we all do hope you can make some TRON:Uprising characters near in the future, can't wait to see the full prototype version of SARK...^^

BrokenLevel
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 8:15 PM
Haha, I'm happy he's going over so well! :>

The woman who sculpted him really is truly talented beyond words, and I couldn't be more grateful towards her for taking on my commission. She's nailed David Warner's likeness pretty much dead-on and I'm in awe ahdsldjf.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated, though I don't suspect to have him entirely finished for at least another six months - this stuff is a slow process. OTL;;

As for doing anything for Uprising characters, I actually really hate the character designs/art style in general with a blazing passion, and the show has been extremely unengaging and disappointing to me as a whole, ahah. 8D; [hurr durrr the show's whole staff is male, there's sexism and ~friend-zone~ bullcrap oozing out the wazoo, oh god just don't even get me started hrrmmsdfg. I don't know what this derived tripe is but it isn't the intelligent, respectful Tron I signed up for.] So uh yeah those will likely not be in the the future, sorry. 8U;;

however i think elfdoll's vivien would make a rockin' paige hnnng

http://i47.tinypic.com/4tsy7d.jpg
her and her lolarious pseudo-sark horns aaaAAAAA
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

becktherenegade
User

on Friday, June, 29, 2012 8:40 PM
BrokenLevel Wrote:Haha, I'm happy he's going over so well! :>

The woman who sculpted him really is truly talented beyond words, and I couldn't be more grateful towards her for taking on my commission. She's nailed David Warner's likeness pretty much dead-on and I'm in awe ahdsldjf.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated, though I don't suspect to have him entirely finished for at least another six months - this stuff is a slow process. OTL;;

As for doing anything for Uprising characters, I actually really hate the character designs/art style in general with a blazing passion, and the show has been extremely unengaging and disappointing to me as a whole, ahah. 8D; [hurr durrr the show's whole staff is male, there's sexism and ~friend-zone~ bullcrap oozing out the wazoo, oh god just don't even get me started hrrmmsdfg. I don't know what this derived tripe is but it isn't the intelligent, respectful Tron I signed up for.] So uh yeah those will likely not be in the the future, sorry. 8U;;

however i think elfdoll's vivien would make a rockin' paige hnnng

http://i47.tinypic.com/4tsy7d.jpg
her and her lolarious pseudo-sark horns aaaAAAAA

lol although i do love the show, i must say, the animation is sooooo weird! the characters don't even look human! ive heard some people say that elijah wood actually looks like the character he voices (beck) but im like "thats impossible, the characters don't even look human or natural "
the animation is definitely strange, but i do love the show

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Kat
User

on Saturday, June, 30, 2012 11:05 PM
Wow, I never thought of combining BJDs and Tron, but I can't wait to see this when it's done! (NOOOOOO I will not save up to do a Tron BJD! Nooo! But OMG do want.)

I've not seen Uprising (in part because I don't own a TV, and in part because I've been purposely avoiding it because I've suspected they'll be taking the universe in directions I don't like and I'd rather bury my head in the sand) but if you say it's sexist and crap (and I sort of believe it, judging by the treatment of the franchise so far; I'm grateful for Quorra but we could've had more...) then I'm doubly glad. (I'm not sure how I feel about the animation just from the few screenshots/character workups I've seen. I guess I don't mind it so much just from that, but it definitely seems weird considering what it is. Stylistic, yes, which doesn't bug me, but I'm not sure if it's what I would've had in mind for Tron. Part of me wants to say i sort of favor that treatment, of doing the style a bit differently than straight realism [I could also maybe see it in more of an anime style], but part of me sort of wants the straight realism as well. I suppose I'd have to see it in action to be sure.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

BrokenLevel
User

on Tuesday, September, 18, 2012 5:25 PM
oh dang i'm

really really bad at remembering that this forum is a thing OTL;;

SO I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE HEAD...

It's primed and ready for casting, and if anyone is interested in getting one, it's now or never for $120 + shipping from me to you, haha.

And the whole album is still over here - complete with 9001 new photos. \o/

http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab87/whargarbl/WIP2/

Kat - 9001 years later, oh golly - fancy meeting another BJD enthusiast 'round these parts!

I'm sorry for your wallet in advance, but. There will probably end up being a Boxleitner head sculpted some time in the semi-distiant future, drr drr drr....
But right now, there may or may not be an uncanny valley Jeff Bridges maybe in the works.... oh god help we're doomed/a bunch of freaks

Kat
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 10:09 PM
I'm not sure I'd term my self an enthusiast, but I do think they're pretty damn cool and if I were rich I'd probably have one or two.

A Quorra BJD would be adorable...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

1982program
User

on Wednesday, September, 19, 2012 10:27 PM
Wow...just wow. In a good way.

SabreFX
User

on Friday, September, 21, 2012 12:54 AM
That headsculpt is a masterpiece. What an excellent likeness!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Lilithia
User

on Wednesday, October, 17, 2012 3:42 AM
Oh wow! That looks amazing!!

http://www.twitter.com/lilithia

BrokenLevel
User

on Friday, October, 19, 2012 4:23 PM
Thank you for all the kind words, everyone!! ;w;;

aaaaAAAAA I am going crazy waiting for this guy to be done, lol.

will you just look at all this pepto bismol

i mean

silicone

yes definitely silicone

also a junk cast

\o/

Kat
User

on Friday, October, 19, 2012 10:54 PM
Looking more cool by the day! (hah, speaking of this thread, I was just reading over an old one in which I said "dude somebody should make Tron-themed BJDs" and I'd totally forgotten I said that, even the firs time I read this thread...)abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Flynn1
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2012 4:12 PM
-

Fantastic work...the sculpt is stunning and looks just like David Warner. Very impressive and totally cool!

Looking forward to more updates on the progress of the figure. Custom figures always impress me...as the fans always know how to get them *right* !order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector