Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 Does T:U succeed with design and plot where T:L failed to tread? 80 views and not a comment yet.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

Does T:U succeed with design and plot where T:L failed to tread? 80 views and not a comment yet.

on Saturday, August, 18, 2012 10:55 PM
Okay, I am just going to throw this out there, so don't derezz the messenger: I think if T:L had been made a LOT More like T:U, it would have been an overwhelmingly better movie. I have only watched one...single...episode of T:U, (no cable, internet or satellite at home) but I have to get it off my chest that even though it's a prequel, it seems to be showing up T:L in more ways than I can successfully point out.

The sheer size of the Tron universe in T:U is staggering in size,with many more cities on the Grid than in T:L, and each one is a beautiful, vast feast for the eyes. What'd we get in T:L...? Tron City. That's it. And at that, going by The End of Line Club being at the top of a mile-high tower in Tron City, we can extrapolate pretty easily that Tron City is about a mile across, and seems to be the only city in the then-Tron universe. Sure there are other levels to it, but one is a utility level so big deal, and they probably have the same footprint as the surface level. I doubt a city that size could even *be* well populated enough for various political factions to develop and fight each other. But the cities in T:L seem to be many, and absolutely sprawling in their design.

The vehicles are way cooler in T:U. Come on, admit it. There are plenty of vehicles that fly in T:U. But in T:L......? Clu's ship and the Recognizers. (snore). I wouldn't say the rather ugly looking solar sailer really qualifies as a "flying" vehicle. And even the lightcycles are cooler looking, faster, are used extensively off Grid and on, and are instantly materialized and dematerialized as needed. There is also the treaded Grid Cycle in T:U which explains how an Outlander would get around in the, well, outlands. Not that anything about the Outlanders or where they live or why is even remotely explained in T:L.

The characters in T:U engage in a LOT of combat, much of it hand-to-hand. T:L gave us only really one hand-to-hand scene (in the EOL club) and the way it was shot was a choppy, hard-to-follow disaster, one of the movie's weakest points. In T:L there is also a lot of amazing, high-concept vehicle-vs.-vehicle combat.

Conceptually they just seem to have taken it a lot father than T:L did. Why does a prequel cartoon have to rival-and in may ways, show up- a high-budget Disney live action/CG flick? Seems like T:L was a step backwards by comparison. Even the plot is better in T:U, probably because they didn't hire a couple of f*cking HACKS whose best known script work was writing for Lost. Yeah they were very enthusiastic about doing the script. Hey, I'm enthusiastic about going to a NASCAR race. It doesn't mean I'm capable of handling anything on the streets that's faster than my '94 Mazda Protege hatchback. The dialogue in T:L is weak, and the plot is close to being razor thin. Plus I didn't exactly need close to 20+ minutes of it after Sam is reunited with his father. Coulda used many more twists too. ("I met your friend! He's incredible!" in the middle of a deadly fight scene? *I puke into my mouth a little*) And the ending from when Sam and Quorra are zapped back out to the end credits was just pathetic, tying up no loose ends at all and not really leaving much meat to chew on as to what's next, if there even is a next. At the end we have no idea what is left behind in the Tron universe, and what is that thing that Sam puts around his neck? His father? The whole Tron universe?

Much of T:L may look like a cartoon but really it's CQ that is meant to look like a drawn cartoon (fair enough), so how much harder could it have been for them to go just a little farther with those designs and make them photorealistic enough to be used in T:L in the first place? It can't have been that much more of a colossal effort. Which brings up the question as to whether T:L may have been rushed.

One more thing..I don't mean to get all self righteous about this, but programs, I have easily garnered this much just from one...single...episode. So I can't wait to see the others!

DarthMeow504
User

RE: Does T:U succeed with design and plot where T:L failed to tread? 80 views and not a comment yet.

on Friday, August, 24, 2012 5:18 PM
You are, sadly, right on all points.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Sso02V
User

RE: Does T:U succeed with design and plot where T:L failed to tread? 80 views and not a comment yet.

on Friday, August, 24, 2012 5:51 PM
Shockingly, the ongoing television series is able to do more than the 127 minute feature film.

Moses613 Wrote:Not that anything about the Outlanders or where they live or why is even remotely explained in T:L.
Because that has jack-all to do with the story. The only "Outlanders" are Flynn and Quorra, and oh look, we see where they live.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Moses613
User

on Friday, August, 24, 2012 11:31 PM
I do admit I should not have bashed the writers of T:U too bad since one of them at least (possibly both, I'm too lazy to look right now) is the author of T:L script, and as I pointed out, T:U is a much better plot. Then again for all we know, the T:L plot may have been much richer and brilliant before some studio a**wad exec visited the set and started to rewrite it himself instead of leaving it. Happens all the time. But you won't find them saying that in the extra features.

And I would guess the guys asking for an audience with Zuze are in fact outlanders since they're A: rebels of some kind, and more safely able to do their thing in the outlands, and B: they're much more heavily and heartily geared up/dressed than the more elegantly dressed club patrons. I can't watch that scene without thinking of hot INFERNALLY hot their costumes must have been under those blazing studio lights for hours.

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 12:16 AM
I liked the ending of TRON Legacy...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 3:16 AM
Clu's regime based in Tron city is by the time of Tron Legacy is vastly more oppressive than the remote Argon City, everything is subjugated (a majority of Programs see a User as a Tyrant and Clu as their savior and protector) fully in Tron City.

Plus; There's many things that can be done in animated series that a live action film does NOT have the budget or time to develop.

IMO it's not really fair IMO to expect a 2 hr movie to have the budget to include the level of detail that a ongoing series *animated* series has.

I throughly enjoy Tron Legacy and IMO T:U has a nice meat of backstory cooking up gradually that further ENRICHES everything presented and expressed in Tron Legecay (such as the explaination of what "Strays" and the "homeless" Programs are for example.)

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 9:32 PM
Moses613 Wrote:I do admit I should not have bashed the writers of T:U too bad since one of them at least (possibly both, I'm too lazy to look right now) is the author of T:L script, and as I pointed out, T:U is a much better plot. Then again for all we know, the T:L plot may have been much richer and brilliant before some studio a**wad exec visited the set and started to rewrite it himself instead of leaving it. Happens all the time. But you won't find them saying that in the extra features.

And I would guess the guys asking for an audience with Zuze are in fact outlanders since they're A: rebels of some kind, and more safely able to do their thing in the outlands, and B: they're much more heavily and heartily geared up/dressed than the more elegantly dressed club patrons. I can't watch that scene without thinking of hot INFERNALLY hot their costumes must have been under those blazing studio lights for hours.

Those programs were Bartik from TRON : Uprising and programs from the "Solar Sailar Prisoners" short comic.

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Solar_Sailer_Prisoners

Moses613
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 9:49 PM
What I have to admit really surprises me is that, well, I haven"t been receiving death threats for my post. I also thought it'd be more of a pileup. There were around 80 views before anyone really responded. Either they found the post not worthy of note or I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking yet afraid to give voice to.

In life, I'm usually the guy who does that, the result frequently being that everyone else sits safely back acting like don't even know me. Meanwhile I'm inevitably pilloried for saying something. Gutless somnambulant milksop that most people are. Aimless lemmings. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Sunday, August, 26, 2012 11:12 PM
Honestly, I just recently noticed your post. What do I think? Legacy was a good movie that had an interesting story and fun characters. Does it cover everything about the TRON Universe? No. But with two hours, they gave us everything we needed to know to enjoy the story. Uprising is an ongoing series that's purpose is to elaborate on the TRON universe and tell us everything we didn't know before. As well as introduce us to new characters with new stories that all connect to the movie's plot in one way or another. These stories are exciting, entertaining, and need to know for TRON fans. They are not necesary for the average audience member and their family to enjoy the film.

As for the design of everything, the artists said so themselves. In animation, you are not as restricted by a budget like you are in a major motion picture. So in Uprising, they could really be as creative as they wanted with the vehicles, characters, and architecture of The Grid.

You are merely stating your opinion. Why on earth would anyone send you "death threats" over that?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING