TRON: LEGACY 
 How can they wear each others' discs?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
digit
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 3:00 PM
I keep thinking switching discs would cause an identity crisis - even though that does not happen in the movie.

Wouldn't you think you were me if you had my disc on your back? At the very least, I think we can assume that the disc would be recording information for the wrong person....

Any thoughts?where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Who you calling program, program?

Kat
User

RE: How can they wear each others' discs?

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 3:05 PM
I always wondered that too, if you wouldn't end up getting someone else's info on your disc. Although maybe in the case of Flynn and Quorra, it wouldn't matter-- not like they'll be using the discs much longer anyway-- he just gave his to her to fool Clu. In other scenarios, I'd think it'd be a problem.where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

digit
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 3:15 PM
Well, they aren't programs so that may play into it. The rules could vary depending on whether one is a program or not.where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 6:37 PM
It might also depend on how long one program wore another's disk. Remember, in the Uprising episode 'Identity', it took some time for Beck to start forgetting who he was. Maybe it would take some time for the other program's identity to overwhelm yours.where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Letters sent to Disney regarding Tron Uprising: 4

Tron Lives!

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

digit
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 9:02 PM
I can't watch Uprising. I don't get that channel. Even if I could watch it, I can't tolerate commercials.

If the show is any good, I will buy it on DVD.where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Sso02V
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 9:49 PM
digit Wrote:I can't watch Uprising. I don't get that channel. Even if I could watch it, I can't tolerate commercials.

If the show is any good, I will buy it on DVD.
How will you know if it's good if you don't watch it first?where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills onlinepill for abortion online abortion pill order abortion pill

digit
User

on Monday, September, 03, 2012 10:07 PM
That's actually a good question. Things tend to work themselves out. Anyway, it hasn't been a priority. I"m dealing with a lot of things right now. It was a rough summer :{where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

1982program
User

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 11:54 PM
I think disc switching is ok, as long as you keep PC and Mac separate...tee hee

Seriously, has anyone ever thought what the inside of a Mac would look like. Are all the programs hanging out at the Starbucks (their version of End Of Line) talking about the creator, Steve Jobs?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Kat
User

on Wednesday, September, 05, 2012 8:13 AM
For that matter, who knows what the inside of a Windows machine looks like. It looks like Encom has always run their own OS... which, as we know from T:L, is now Unix-based (or Linux-based, if the board room scene is to be believed). And if I recall from the scenes before Sam zaps in, it was in '89 too.where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ChessMess
User

on Wednesday, September, 05, 2012 10:36 PM
Good thought. I think the fact that it was a very very short amount of time is a good answer to the question.

The IDENTITY discs are synced to the program (as Gem said when Sam's disc was placed on his back). I don't think a program can actually do anything with another programs disc when placed on their own back other than just hold it.

where to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Sso02V
User

on Thursday, September, 06, 2012 3:40 PM
Considering neither of the disc-switchers was an actual program, there's no saying how it differs from the side-effects shown in Identity.where to buy abortion pills online http://www.extrageek.com/template/default.aspx?an-abortion-pill buy abortion pills online

EXODUS
User

on Friday, September, 07, 2012 5:41 AM
I'm glad someones brought this up. I've often thought about this myself sometimes.

Here's a thought that occured to me a while back:

Program B accesses (i.e wears) Program A's Disk. He then runs off and has all manner of exciting adventures throught out the System before finally returning to Program A.
Program A then puts his own Disk back on.

The question that I've always wondered is, what would happen?

* If only Program A's memories can be stored (or 'synconised') onto his Disk, would that mean that everything Program B did/saw/remembered would not be recorded on there?
If that's the case then that would cause all manner of problems-Program B could run around commiting all manner of serious crimes (theft, terrorism, maybe even MURDER) and yet by wearing someone else's Disk (which doesn't record his actions) would avoid being prosecuted because of it (assuming he gets caught-his own Disk wouldn't be used at the time, so therefore wouldn't hold knowledge of his actions thus meaning he wouldn't be charged due to a lack of evidence).

OR
* Would everything that Program B did be stored on there too along with Program A's memories (thus creating two sets of memories-like creating two Folders with differant information on them in the same department).
If that was the case, then other Programs (Program C, Program D, Program E....) could do exactly the same thing with the SAME Disk, which means that that Disk would get pretty full up quite quickly.
With all that additional information/data crammed onto it, this could cause some damage to the Disk, which (I would imagine) would really upset the original owner. :-swhere to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Kat
User

on Friday, September, 07, 2012 8:00 AM
The third option is that maybe Program B's adventures aren't recorded onto Program A's disc, but each program has a sort of temporary cache, and when B gets back and puts his own disc back on, it re-syncs?

After all, Clu pulls up info from Sam's disc that happened before he had it-- that happened even before he was ON the Grid. Now, I thought that was a pretty far stretch in the film, but if we're speaking from completely canon terms, that could be proof that your disc might record stuff even when you're not wearing it. (It might also be a continuity error with Disney's newest assumption that all of one's memory/identity is stored on the disc, unless it works differently for users.)

Totally random, but... does anyone else think it's weird that Flynn calls his *entire* system "the Grid"? In T82, MCP tells Flynn, "I'm going to have to put you on the game grid." But I always thought he was referring simply to the Games arena/area, which has a pattern of grid-like lines. I never assumed it referred to the rest of the inside of the system. But it's used to mean the *entire* inside of the system in T:L... which never made much sense to me. (especially since Jarvis says something about "the challenge of the Grid" when talking about Sam at the arena-- and in this case he is definitely referring to the lightcycle game *specifically*.)where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ISOlatedThinker
User

on Tuesday, September, 18, 2012 5:01 PM
I just always went with the cache theory.. I think wearing another program's disc is essentially like not wearing a disc at all.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pills online http://www.extrageek.com/template/default.aspx?an-abortion-pill buy abortion pills onlinei need to buy the abortion pill read here order abortion pill

laphtiya
User

on Monday, September, 24, 2012 9:46 AM
I dont think ISOs record to their disc, also it could be a simple permissions thing. Flynn gives Quorra access to his disc (no jokes please), so she is allowed to use and wear it. Sam is a user so I assume he has admin rights to everything so it isn't an issue for him, Tron seems to be the only program who has this issue.where to buy abortion pills online order abortion pill buy abortion pills online

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Saturday, October, 20, 2012 11:57 AM
In the Legacy flashback sequence we see Tron derezz a black guard, catch his disc, and immediately be able to use it. It activates in weapon mode for him without harming him.

It might be safe to assume that, since discs double as personal tools and weapons, a built in safety mechanism might be there. Anyone can pick up a disc, and if the disc is currently switched off, that person can activate its weapon mode. The disc then at least temporarily attunes to the person currently holding it so that it doesn't slice their hand off.

It's only long term usage of a disc as a personal storage device that would cause problems and must be accounted for. Such as in Uprising, Tron performs a special operation to combine one part of his disc with Beck's disc, in order to grant Beck some of Tron's data (white suit, circuit pattern) while obviously retaining the rest of the data Tron would need to continue functioning.

I tend to think the reason why Sam's disc held images from before he was on the Grid is due to the synchronization process. When Sam's disc is synched to him, his eyes actually flash for a moment. The disc may have been performing a quick read of his own memory to fill itself up and begin live recording. So there's no big problem there.

If a program took another's disc and wore it, I do think it would not actually record any new information. It would only stick to the magnetic rack and not resynchronize. It was actually revealed in the latest episode of Uprising (The Reward) that it requires a very specialized technician with a special tool, to access the contents of someone else's disc and insert fresh information into it. (The bit where Pavel had forged, fake memory images inserted into the identity disc.)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pills online an abortion pill buy abortion pills onlinei need to buy the abortion pill abortion pill order abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY