AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ChessMess
User

How Sam could have destroyed Clu and took his Dad home to boot

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 7:28 PM
The final scene scene on the grid:

Flynn: "Clu! Remember what you came for."

Clu turns and starts walking towards Flynn

Sam and Quorra both throw their discs at Clu, who being so focused on Flynn is instantly derezzed.

Flynn hopes up, re-extends the bridge, runs over to same and Quorra.

Flynn, with big smile: "Greetings programs! Ha Haaaaaaa"

They all go back to the real world. Then end.

Kat
User

RE: How Sam could have destroyed Clu and took his Dad home to boot

on Tuesday, September, 04, 2012 11:08 PM
I think that's what we're unsure about though, right? Would destroying Clu in any fashion have destroyed Flynn too? They weren't all that clear about that in the film, as I recall, though I can't remember Flynn's and Quorra's exact words on the subject.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Loctevus
User

on Wednesday, September, 05, 2012 7:36 AM
Kevin Flynn wanted his son to go on without him. Because the infomation on the Disc aswell as Quara herself. Thats alot of infomation he wanted to bring to the surface. It was a sacrifice Flynn wanted not only for himself, but for his son, the company and possibly... the future of the world. But again... this is my perspective.

Sam could have tried to kill Clu, but there are possible ways that Clu could have killed Sam and or Quara and still manage to take the disc from Flynn and use it to enter our world. But, it didn't end that way. Anything is possible at this point in time and I think when the third movie comes out we'll see what really lies within the storyline through the next phase of Sam's life.

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

ChessMess
User

on Wednesday, September, 05, 2012 10:25 PM
Destroying Clu would not have done anything to Flynn, I think. They were not linked, Flynn returned to the real world without harm many times. Flynn probably rebooted that computer and did lots of editing on the keyboard in the real world without any adverse effects to his real/digital versions.

I think of the reintegration akin to what would happen if you had donated a lung to someone, and then suddenly had that lung put back into to you. The other person dies and a very good chance your body would reject it even though it originally came from you.

So the question is, why didn't Flynn just destroy Clu directly. I think he tried, but Clu would actively thwart his moves. Kind of like trying to catch a flea, Clu would use everything in his power never to get in a position of head to head combat on equal terms. I don't think Clu could kill Flynn, but imprisonment is just as bad. So they both were exceedingly good at staying out of each others grasps.

The end confrontation, Clu still doesn't kill Flynn even when he has every reason to and Flynn would have let him, but Flynn knows as Clu demonstrated that he wouldn't do it (at least he was 'pretty' sure, there is some hesitation there). Still, a kick to the face is far from gentle.

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, September, 09, 2012 3:42 AM

True they could Have Derezzed CLU so easily from this aspect....
and very good question.. why didn't they???

Also CLU could have derezed Flynn...
it's even possible to be drezzed while being a User???

Good questions... I guess the final answer is the writers..
didn't write the program that way..

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
Great Tron 3 blog, with news links and artwork
http://tron3movie.blogspot.com/

1982program
User

on Sunday, September, 09, 2012 11:06 AM
MCComputer - Good question regarding whether or not a user can be derezzed. I have often wondered that myself. So far, no users have "died" in the grid in this series...not counting Flynn's explosion / implosion. Would they derezz or just bleed to death or what?!? The only injury is Sam and he bled so I guess if a user was killed, all of the programs would just stand around wondering what all that stuff inside of him is. Like humans dissecting an alien. Would his body just disappear or would the programs on the grid have to deal w/ disposal? Would they autopsy the body or just create a shrine...would the body decompose?

I'm assuming any users would just fade out after they die since the data they are composed of simply ceases to be.

Kat
User

on Sunday, September, 09, 2012 4:10 PM
Yeah, we're not sure if a person can actually die on the Grid and be dead, or will they just be kicked back to the real world a la Flynn in T82? (But of course-- wait for it-- I've written about that too, as you know. LOL most of my ideas, even some of the speculative ones I'm not entirely convinced of myself, can be found in my fics somewhere...) How you answer that may explain what happened to Flynn.

And of course we've wondered before if a user can heal on the Grid, etc. Can you bleed out if cut badly enough? Or does your blood not serve a function there since you're all data? Etc. A lot of unanswered questions... I guess they're for us to answer for now until (unless) Disney comes up with something.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 How Sam could have destroyed Clu and took his Dad home to boot