Collector 
 Tron stuff displayed at ArchCon 2012

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
clu.exe
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 10:32 AM
My group was invited to display our collections at an event here at a mall here in Cebu, Philippines called ArchCon. It's about 60-70% anime stuff and well we tried to correct that. Others of my group brought hot toys, an entire hulk collection, a spiderman collection, iron man, vintage 70s 80s and 90s iconic vehicles like the ghostbusters, batmobile, even the Mystery Machine, a ghost rider collection and many more similar stuff. My contribution to our display was Tron, and some Cap America stuff. I myself was in a cap suit. My vintage tron collection was on a table while my legacy stuff was in and on one of the glass cases. Each member of our sort of club had their share of the space so i couldnt bring a lot to the show. But i brought my jewels of my collection. The common person wouldnt appreciate the MOC stuff anyway.so here are some pics:

sadly the vintage set wasnt photographed by my friend(some friend) haha but it was small. had the Tabletop game, a Tron figure, the coleco quarterback game and a framed set of trading cards with the wrapper. and a VHS of TRON, which caught a lot of attention actually. that and the tabletop arcade, where people were like "does this even still work?" and id gladly say of course, and id let them try playing if they wanted to. One guy, nice meeting him, was reeeeally fond of the tron section of the display. He pulled out his ipad and showed me his favorite game, light bike 2. i said i had that on ipod too, and told him pointing to the arcade tabletop that that was what your game came from. hehe. it is that hard to come by tron stuff here in my country, that that guy had only that app to show his tron fandom.

anyway, thought id show my cap display as well, was just on a table too. the glass was very limited.

and a pic of me against Halo Guy. he was named Halo Guy by the event's host. hehe

i went as cap since i did tron last year and the year before.

so yea hope i did TRON some honor. and i hope i can get to see here on this forum pics of other people getting the chance to display tron on similar events.
thanks for looking and post what you think, programs! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

BanditTron
User

RE: Tron stuff displayed at ArchCon 2012

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 8:15 PM
Looking good!
Must have been a great time getting to display your items and then them being enjoyed by others.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2012 9:29 PM
Awesome, man. I'm sure the vintage collection looked great too.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

clu.exe
User

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2012 12:29 AM
wow thanks man. Ya it was a lot of fun that i havent experienced in a long long time. And i guess i should thank star movies a bit too coz it really helped tron legacy popularity here since they aired the movie almost everyday for a while. People really got to know the movie for that. People were like "dude it's the discs" and they really were in awe of the impulse projection figures. Maybe next time i could include a flynn hot toy. any of the flynns would do hehe

oh and just watched tinker tailor on my computer this morning, great movie. and watched looper last night at the mall. now that movie was AWESOME. whoever didnt get to see it should see it.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

gkarris
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2012 6:06 PM
BanditTron Wrote:Looking good!
Must have been a great time getting to display your items and then them being enjoyed by others.

That's cool!

But they've all been opened!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

clu.exe
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 2:06 AM
gkarris Wrote:
BanditTron Wrote:Looking good!
Must have been a great time getting to display your items and then them being enjoyed by others.

That's cool!

But they've all been opened!

im guessing youre an MOC collector? ya theyre open hehe about half my collections are moc and the rest loose. while i enjoy staring at my MOCs all day, the feeling you get when holding the item and posing them and stuff, it just doesnt compare. If all my MOCs where easy to get, id open all of em! hehe so ya, my displays were loose. so were the hot toys and sideshows and marvel icons and marvel universe. i guess displaying items MOC placed in glass cases for people to see just wouldnt appeal that much to people, especially if they dont know what theyre looking at. hehe.

and the discs come with display stands for a reason!

digit
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2012 8:22 AM
One mistake you made was bringing the recognizer playset. That thing is junk, heh. I still see them at TRU for $2, LOL.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

clu.exe
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 10:07 AM
digit Wrote:One mistake you made was bringing the recognizer playset. That thing is junk, heh. I still see them at TRU for $2, LOL.

actually not a mistake, people were amazed just by the size. And here if they found out it was that cheap, theyd actually appreciate it more. haha. Besides, Im the only one in my country to have that recognizer and im proud of owning it. Besides, it wasnt a fact of rarity, it was to tell people hey, there's an awesome thing called TRON when you see the display. So i guess it's never a mistake when it makes people happy, makes me happy, and simply turns heads. I'd pay again my $3.50 that i spent for it any day.

As i said earlier, It wouldve been boring if i just put my MOCs and tron collectibles worth a hundred bucks heck i could put a Castor figure in that glass box, and no one would appreciate it. the only way anyone would was if i put a tag beside it of how much it's worth. if i wasnt a tron fan=??? big ships discs and lightcycles=!!!! hehe so simple.

Sorry if my "junk" didnt impress you

digit
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 7:26 PM
clu.exe Wrote:
digit Wrote:One mistake you made was bringing the recognizer playset. That thing is junk, heh. I still see them at TRU for $2, LOL.

actually not a mistake, people were amazed just by the size. And here if they found out it was that cheap, theyd actually appreciate it more. haha. Besides, Im the only one in my country to have that recognizer and im proud of owning it. Besides, it wasnt a fact of rarity, it was to tell people hey, there's an awesome thing called TRON when you see the display. So i guess it's never a mistake when it makes people happy, makes me happy, and simply turns heads. I'd pay again my $3.50 that i spent for it any day.

As i said earlier, It wouldve been boring if i just put my MOCs and tron collectibles worth a hundred bucks heck i could put a Castor figure in that glass box, and no one would appreciate it. the only way anyone would was if i put a tag beside it of how much it's worth. if i wasnt a tron fan=??? big ships discs and lightcycles=!!!! hehe so simple.

LOL. I don't mind the item personally. I did pick one up just so I could get the blue light cycle that it comes with. But it has been the poster childf for anti-spin master sentiment, heh.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Kat
User

on Thursday, November, 08, 2012 11:48 PM
I got it to keep my other diecasts in. I wouldn't treat it roughly, but it works fine for my purposes.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

clu.exe
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 10:03 AM
digit Wrote:
clu.exe Wrote:

LOL. I don't mind the item personally. I did pick one up just so I could get the blue light cycle that it comes with. But it has been the poster childf for anti-spin master sentiment, heh.

haha, ya i can agree with that,even though it only became less appreciated because the UK exclusive started to exist. if this reco was the only reco that existed, which was what i thought when i bought it, then id still get it. even if it is the dreaded "poster child."

Besides im not from the UK, and im not even from the US, customs and all make shipping from there to here way harder(the US and UK have better relations than with our country,customs-wise) heck, USA has it better with China than us. and we're closer, but products hit shelves there waaaay earlier than here, if they ever do hit our shelves. believe it or not, we only got one shipping of wave 1, and they only included the core figs, deluxe figs, kevin and sam LC, light runner, and the action pack one packs. thats it.

And, i hate getting ripped off so i didnt even think of getting the UK exclusives at those scalper pound prices. so didnt make the effort of going thru what i did for the rest of my collection. i guess ive spent enough anyway hehe.

disney, uprising stuff please... an SDCC lightcycle would do

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, November, 14, 2012 5:05 PM
I love your display! (as I've said many times before)

I think you did it right too. Just think about the large Con's like SDCC and Toyfair...the Toy Manufacturers who are showcasing new product lines don't usually have their new stuff carded...its out on display posed and able to be touched (if you ask permission first) So when doing a show like this, its really the only way to display.

I have carded and loose and enjoy them equally.

clu.exe
User

on Saturday, November, 17, 2012 11:48 PM
BanditTron Wrote:I love your display! (as I've said many times before)

I think you did it right too. Just think about the large Con's like SDCC and Toyfair...the Toy Manufacturers who are showcasing new product lines don't usually have their new stuff carded...its out on display posed and able to be touched (if you ask permission first) So when doing a show like this, its really the only way to display.

hehe thanks, man. yes exactly right to the point. maybe they do display them carded sometimes but only beside the loose ones.

ya i feel the same about both carded and loose too haha. like my legends deadpools, one loose and one carded. people have been wanting to buy from me any of the two. but i just love staring at the carded one and posing the loose one. hahaha. of course i dont do that with all my collections, just with that figure haha. cant afford being like thatorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

digit
User

on Sunday, November, 18, 2012 7:58 AM
clu.exe Wrote:
BanditTron Wrote:I love your display! (as I've said many times before)

hehe thanks, man. yes exactly right to the point. maybe they do display them carded sometimes but only beside the loose ones.

ya i feel the same about both carded and loose too haha. like my legends deadpools, one loose and one carded. people have been wanting to buy from me any of the two. but i just love staring at the carded one and posing the loose one. hahaha. of course i dont do that with all my collections, just with that figure haha. cant afford being like that

I seem to be buying more than one of everything, LOL. Fortunately, most of the lines I collect are clearanced, like TRON. So I usually can afford to do it.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector