TRON: LEGACY 
 Clu Invasion force VS User military

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
KingJ.exe
User

RE: Clu Invasion force VS User military

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 2:09 PM
I personally like the theory that for whatever reason, the Grid devices would work and look just like they do on Grid. Think about it: Flynn had this digital world that was amazing and fantasitc. He was working on making it available to everyone even before the ISOs. Then the ISOs show up, and he has so much more to offer besides new, cheap, and more efficient technology.

Basically, he thought he had something to offer the world that he was working on before the ISOs came, and then they made it so much more.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 10:27 PM
PunkMaister Wrote:The thing is real world physics and the gird physics are vastly different. Not to mention the digitzer/replicator/transporter in Flyn's basement most likely does not have the capacity to replicate something as big as the Rectifier ship. But even then with physics being different here. The Rectifier ship would not look the same nor work on the same principles as it's grid counterpart. in this world it would probably resemble the flying super-fortress in the movie the Avengers. and would require nuclear fusion to freaking run...

Exactly

Hence my hypothesis that Clu figured out a way to transmit data through the "portal"/digitization stream out into the "real world" as a wireless data stream that would then flow int to the local wireless network and spread through out the global digital telecommuniations networks, i.e. "the Net"....

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

PunkMaister
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 12:37 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I personally like the theory that for whatever reason, the Grid devices would work and look just like they do on Grid. Think about it: Flynn had this digital world that was amazing and fantasitc. He was working on making it available to everyone even before the ISOs. Then the ISOs show up, and he has so much more to offer besides new, cheap, and more efficient technology.

Basically, he thought he had something to offer the world that he was working on before the ISOs came, and then they made it so much more.

Yes but as the internet is available he did not intend nor plan to take a light cycle or anything out of the grid if that would have been the plan he would had been riding his own light cycle long ago. And again the physics are vastly different unless you want to chalk it all to magic but that's not how either the real or digital worlds work, sorry. I'm too logical to ever circumscribe to the dumb chalk it all to magic theory that you adore...

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Java
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 2:49 PM
PunkMaister Wrote:
KingJ.exe Wrote:I personally like the theory that for whatever reason, the Grid devices would work and look just like they do on Grid. Think about it: Flynn had this digital world that was amazing and fantasitc. He was working on making it available to everyone even before the ISOs. Then the ISOs show up, and he has so much more to offer besides new, cheap, and more efficient technology.

Basically, he thought he had something to offer the world that he was working on before the ISOs came, and then they made it so much more.

Yes but as the internet is available he did not intend nor plan to take a light cycle or anything out of the grid if that would have been the plan he would had been riding his own light cycle long ago. And again the physics are vastly different unless you want to chalk it all to magic but that's not how either the real or digital worlds work, sorry. I'm too logical to ever circumscribe to the dumb chalk it all to magic theory that you adore...

Yes, but the emergence of the ISO does suggest that life can exist or come into being without the creating hand of a user or a terminal on the outside. So the presence of the ISO doesn't have to be dismissed as "magic", but rather the "miracle of life".

Until something can be quantified with proper data, it's still an anomaly like any other. Logic may govern the world, but often what we find to be logical is only a small portion of the big picture.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE.

deeahchur
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:48 PM
Java Wrote:
Yes, but the emergence of the ISO does suggest that life can exist or come into being without the creating hand of a user or a terminal on the outside. So the presence of the ISO doesn't have to be dismissed as "magic", but rather the "miracle of life".

Until something can be quantified with proper data, it's still an anomaly like any other. Logic may govern the world, but often what we find to be logical is only a small portion of the big picture.

That IS called emergence, when something is following the programmed parameters; however, the behavior that results is not what one expected. This usually occurs when more than one string of code affecting an outcome interacts with another.

Wiki: Emergence/emergent behavior http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmergenceAn example in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYEHZI2LB-4

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

PunkMaister
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 7:47 AM
deeahchur Wrote:
Java Wrote:

Until something can be quantified with proper data, it's still an anomaly like any other. Logic may govern the world, but often what we find to be logical is only a small portion of the big picture.

That IS called emergence, when something is following the programmed parameters; however, the behavior that results is not what one expected. This usually occurs when more than one string of code affecting an outcome interacts with another.

Wiki: Emergence/emergent behavior http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmergenceAn example in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYEHZI2LB-4

Emergence of ISOs in the grid and having a rectifier ship work the same as it does in the digital world are 2 very different things. in the digital world there is no actual gravity or any real laws of physics to defy as they exist in the real world. Even Qorra became an organic being and not a digital one when she came to this word. Therefor the rectifier would have to operate under the same principles and obey the same real world laws as anything.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

laphtiya
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 8:03 AM
PunkMaister Wrote:
Emergence of ISOs in the grid and having a rectifier ship work the same as it does in the digital world are 2 very different things. in the digital world there is no actual gravity or any real laws of physics to defy as they exist in the real world. Even Qorra became an organic being and not a digital one when she came to this word. Therefor the rectifier would have to operate under the same principles and obey the same real world laws as anything.

I am sure it was mentioned somewhere (might be T:B) that real physics were simulated in the grid. Not sure though I'll double check when I get back from work tonight.

CardioFunk
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 8:57 AM
I'm still foggy on what actually came back with them at the end of Tron: Legacy.
Did they bring back any Identity Discs or clothes for that matter. If Sam did come back with that body tight black stuff, it might be difficult to get off.

I'm sure a light cycle wouldn't work off the grid, same as they work in the outlands. Besides the user need to power the bike somehow. A persistent bike just wouldn't move, and a baton wouldn't be able to res anything without power or a system to instantiate an object.

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 10:54 AM
Personally, the whole idea of a program in the grid moving into the "real" world is too much for me to suspend disbelief. I can maybe explain it with Quorra, because she was an ISO, and you can assume that she had enough "extra stuff" beyond normal programs to be "reconstituted" as a breathing living person. It's still a wild chasm of belief to cross. Disclaimer: I "bought" the grid being something that can really happen back in 1982, hook line, and sinker.

Seeing as the whole storyline of Legacy was Clu chasing after Flynn's disc so that he could enter the real world too is very conceptually hard for me to see what the result would be. You "might" be able to make the case that Clu was a sophisticated enough program to be "reconstituted" as "real" person because he was programmed "special" to be a Codified Likeness of Flynn. But the warships, black guards, and repurposed warriors? I can't wrap my head around what would they would be like in the "real" world.

My personal hope is they somehow abandon the story line of programs "entering" the real world, but still expand upon how the programs on the grid can "affect" the real world. I always liked how in the original Tron, there was always the threat that the MCP would take over the real world. He (the MCP) even explicitly stated the desire to Dillinger. If they continue the storyline of Clu, or add some new villian, I hope they do it in a way where they threaten the real world, but not in a way where they become "real" themselves. But how to reconcile "Quorra"? Who knows...

PunkMaister
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:14 PM
laphtiya Wrote:
PunkMaister Wrote:

I am sure it was mentioned somewhere (might be T:B) that real physics were simulated in the grid. Not sure though I'll double check when I get back from work tonight.

For what we have seen the physics don't work the same the Gird may simulate some real world physics but is not Real world physics. Again Qorra becoming a flesh and blood organic human when she came to the real world is a perfect example of how differently the worlds operate, frankly I do not see what's the problem in Clu adapting whatever he brings here to work in the real world this working like the Avengers super fortress or a blimp instead of just magically hovering in the air.

Seca
User

on Tuesday, April, 11, 2017 10:21 PM
Awesome hypothesis!!

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, April, 12, 2017 8:21 AM
I've just had a thought.

It's been established that time within the Digital World flows at a much faster rate then in the Real World (Hours in the Grid was just minutes outside, has Flynn pointed out).

If Clu and his forces WERE to enter our world would they act the same way we do, or would there be a time-difference in how they act?

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Clu Invasion force VS User military