Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Something I just noted about the light cycle chase concept test....

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Moses613
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2012 5:21 PM
Just to be clear, I am talking here only about the light cycle concept test, that being the short clip premiered at Comicon years ago which was simply a short "this is what Tron: Legacy would look like". The with only two guys duking it out on light cycle on The Grid.

Anyhow, I noted that when the seeming protagonist goes into the cave, the lights, if you look at them, go on in sequence as he rides past them. Damn even this clip has things in it I'm just now spotting, which is something I still love about the movie.

HooDooMan
User

RE: Something I just noted about the light cycle chase concept test....

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2013 12:03 AM
I went back and re-watched the concept trailer in HD and yeah, they do come on as he passes them. Wow, even the Grid has Power Saver settings, LOL! Nice catch, Moses!

What I found cool was when CLU's bike skids to a halt just as the other guy enters the crack in the rock wall, CLU's bike is all scuffed up and parts of it are missing, but it's all pixelated. Even part of the Blue Guy's "coloring" rubs off onto CLU's right arm.

As you pointed out Moses, there was a lot of detail put into this "proof-of-concept" trailer. And when the first blurry camera phone video of it was leaked onto the internet the year before, many of those details weren't able to be distinguished. I'm really glad they decided to release the HD version of it. It still looks awesome! And I still like watching it! where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2013 3:46 PM
Seems to me that there was some kind of story behind the trailer that sufered many changes before the final script for legacy was completed.

For example, Clu's identity disc is has the same damage that the abraxas disc sufered after fighting anon for the first time in evolution, so it seems to me that they recycled that particular story bit

Also what was up with that guy running away from CLU? the way he acted seemed to indicate that he was not familiar with the grid and the games, so was he a user or something?

Sso02V
User

on Wednesday, January, 02, 2013 4:35 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:For example, Clu's identity disc is has the same damage that the abraxas disc sufered after fighting anon for the first time in evolution, so it seems to me that they recycled that particular story bit
I don't think it's damaged, I think they left gaps in the outer edge as a way for the programs to actually hold the disc without cutting their own fingers off, something I've always kinda wondered about the Legacy discs.

Moses613
User

on Sunday, January, 13, 2013 10:10 PM
I never had any reason to think he was CLU any more than I had reason to think the blue rider was anyone in particular.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY