TRON: UPRISING 
 WELCOME HOME - TRON: UPRISING Episode

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, January, 06, 2013 6:43 PM
This forum topic is for discussing the TRON: UPRISING episode: WELCOME HOME.

Synopsis: Beck tries to rescue a fleeing government scientist before Paige and the Occupation finds her; Paige and Beck become passengers on the same runaway train and Beck must save the innocent programs on the train without revealing his identity.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Sagitta
User

RE: WELCOME HOME - TRON: UPRISING Episode

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 2:23 AM
Very exciting episode. with the whole "danger on the light-rail at xxxxxxxx mph".

Loved how Beck kept making passes at Paige to keep her distracted. And seems to have paid off..sorta. At least where Beck is concerned. Can't help but wonder if Tron would either just roll his eyes or *gasp* facepalm that a possible date is in the works between the two.

As for Paval, usual aggressive self. Why would he need a special disc to be even more so? Probably programmed into his regular personality.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 3:37 AM
Sagitta Wrote:Very exciting episode. with the whole "danger on the light-rail at xxxxxxxx mph".

Loved how Beck kept making passes at Paige to keep her distracted. And seems to have paid off..sorta. At least where Beck is concerned. Can't help but wonder if Tron would either just roll his eyes or *gasp* facepalm that a possible date is in the works between the two.

Whatever works. Does that count as fraternizing with the enemy? Tron's reaction will certainly be interesting to see.

But what I really want to see is Paige finding out Tesler's true nature. It seems to me that she has to find out about it sometime. Wonder what Tesler's answer would/will be if/when Paige asks where Keller is. Looking forward to next week's episode.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

deadphish
User

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 1:32 PM
This show just keeps getting better and better. Was it just me, or was there even greater detail in the animation last night?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Zen Thing
User

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 3:35 PM
deadphish Wrote:This show just keeps getting better and better. Was it just me, or was there even greater detail in the animation last night?
Much like many animated shows the animators do seem to be hitting their stride late in in this first season. See- Simpsons and Family guy for other examples.
i enjoyed the episode, took us outside of the city. and trapped Paige and Beck together again and he actually dropped several hints that he was infact the renagade to her.

for example "youve been impressed w/ me ever since we met". referring to their first encounter in Becks Beginning.
The varied character designs still continue to amaze me. oh and the last note worthy thing for me was the call back to Paiges theme when she softens to Beck at the end of the episode. it truly shows how much work goes into each episode.

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 6:36 PM
I must admit, I think Paige is being written as denser than she should be for convenience of the plot. Paige isn't naive. She's very smart, also very suspicious due to her past and the chip on her shoulder about being betrayed previously.

Paige and Pavel have outright seen Tessler derezz hapless guards and soldiers purely out of spite or because of a stupidly minor failure to perform. Tessler has swept up innocent programs and thrown them in public square for execution. There's no way Paige would be trusting of Tessler at this point, except the plot doesn't yet demand she turn on him. It's too bad really.

Aside from Paige being poorly written, the episode was really good and an absolutely excellent use of the "runaway train" plot device. The way monorails pass one another was unexpected and inventive. Beck's serious abuse of light cycle materialization had us outright laughing, in a good way. It was also refreshing to see Beck engage in a lot of action and heroics in his normal identity, and not as the Renegade. There were moments where it seemed Beck was brimming with attitude, ready to yell at Paige "By the way, I'm also the Renegade, the guy who kicks all your asses on a regular basis." It shows a lot of character growth. Beck began as a rebellious but uncertain kid. Now he's fully heroic and doesn't even require Tron around for moral support or to pull him out of the fire.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Monday, January, 07, 2013 9:32 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed "Welcome Home" and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. What Beck did with the lightcycle had me going, "No way!" haha Loved it!

We get to see some small guest roles of Lenz and Ott

voiced by Matt Jones of "Breaking Bad" (Lenz)

and Paul Rust of "I Love You Beth Cooper"(Ott)

Now I have to go and watch it some more. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Sagitta
User

on Wednesday, January, 09, 2013 8:25 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:... what I really want to see is Paige finding out Tesler's true nature. It seems to me that she has to find out about it sometime. Wonder what Tesler's answer would/will be if/when Paige asks where Keller is. Looking forward to next week's episode.

In some ways I think Paige is already aware, but simply turns a blind eye to what she doesn't want to see or take notice. As for Keller's whereabouts...more than likely she would be told she was transferred elsewhere.

In past episodes we've seen how Paige is more loyal to Tessler than Pavel and would not likely turn on him without good reason. Even if Pavel managed to somehow to cause Tessler to doubt her Paige may be more willing to get back into his good graces.

Would probably have to take something rather big to cause Paige to rethink her loyalties. And even then...wouldn't that cause her to have trust issues?

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, January, 09, 2013 10:14 AM
spacedinosaurblue Wrote:Aside from Paige being poorly written...
I wouldn't go that far, but I have to agree that somehow, this episode makes Paige look a lttle weaker or dumber, or both. She's definitely been written as smart and strong until this point.

When she turned super girlie when "trying" to ask Beck on a date at the end, it felt "weak" to me, but maybe I am a little too male chauvinistic. I like the fact that Paige and Beck could get together, it's a great match, but I just thought Paige would find a "cooler" way to ask. She turned into a totally "normal girlie-girl", and I wasn't expecting that.

Also, I get the feeling the writers are trying to write Paige as a good person at heart who sincerely thinks Clu is good, and trying to make a "perfect grid" is a good thing to do. This means she's a good person, who really thinks the renegade "is bad" for the grid. But her blind devotion to Tessler and her naiveness as to Tessler's "true nature" after seeing him firsthand for so long, just makes her look dumb. Especially after voluntarily leaving Keller alone with Tessler. She's too smart not to know what was going to happen after that.

This series is just too good to end after one season. Way too good.

Sagitta
User

on Wednesday, January, 09, 2013 7:26 PM
renderinfo2 Wrote:...but I have to agree that somehow, this episode makes Paige look a lttle weaker or dumber, or both. She's definitely been written as smart and strong until this point.

When she turned super girlie when "trying" to ask Beck on a date at the end, it felt "weak" to me, but maybe I am a little too male chauvinistic. I like the fact that Paige and Beck could get together, it's a great match, but I just thought Paige would find a "cooler" way to ask. She turned into a totally "normal girlie-girl", and I wasn't expecting that.

We haven't seen Paige on a more personal level beyond her work and duty as a soldier other than in the episode "Isolation". She's still a female program. She just saw some mechanic who was concerned enough to save two more lives and placing himself on the line when he certainly didn't have too. Not many programs could have pulled it off (or even known how to).

I think it would be nice to see Paige outside the soldier role again if only for a lttlle bit.

If she had acted to her soldiers the way she had with Beck, then I would agree she would be acting weak and dumb because she would be out of her role. But on a one on one level with a civilian she simply wants to know a little more on her own time and not the state's?

Sagitta
User

on Wednesday, January, 09, 2013 7:34 PM

spacedinosaurblue Wrote:. It was also refreshing to see Beck engage in a lot of action and heroics in his normal identity, and not as the Renegade. There were moments where it seemed Beck was brimming with attitude, ready to yell at Paige 'By the way, I'm also the Renegade, the guy who kicks all your asses on a regular basis.' It shows a lot of character growth. Beck began as a rebellious but uncertain kid. Now he's fully heroic and doesn't even require Tron around for moral support or to pull him out of the fire.

I don't think I'd go that far. How long had Tron been an actual Security Monitor again? And for how long was he The Grid's greatest warrior before Clu's betrayal? He has alot of experience and wisdom he can offer Beck before the latter goes off on his own. Beck's had alot of character growth since the series first started. But even from the start Tron had been always telling him: "You have alot to learn."

(Something Tron would still say if he ever found out Beck and Paige planned to hang out together.)

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING