TRON: LEGACY 
 Something REALLY irks me.....

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Ianlis
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 9:14 PM
For the last year and a half, I've been avoiding TRON altogether. Why? Because of the art direction of the sequel/ animated show. I understand that the grid is a new system, and that it's NOT the 511...but....cmon Disney, you could at least make an effort to make the Grid look like the originals'. What happened to the recos that looked like giant, inverted U's of dark matter, or skies that look pixelated and abstract, or vast, empty abysses that look like they go on forever.....THAT's what i was looking for in Tron: Legacy, and when I saw it in theatres, and witnessed the abomination Disney made, I walked out. I understand that it IS (or was) 2010, but, as a fan of the ORIGINAL, I was disappointed.

LORD_Z3DD
User

RE: Something REALLY irks me.....

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 9:38 PM
You basically turned on a PS3 expecting to play Super Mario, Don't get me wrong, I love the Original Tron and Tron 2.0, but times have changed, while I liked the feeling that epic battles were being fought inside a normal computer, truth is the general public doesn't believe that anymore,that is why the grid is some kind of simulated reality now, and that is why the whole look is grid look is different now, however they did keep the most important aspects of the tron Universe, The Recognizers, the Identity discs, The Lightcycles and the Light tanks

But unlike you, I gave the new Tron universe a chance, I read Tron: Betrayal, Played Tron: Evolution and Watched the whole season of Tron : Uprising, and now I see that awesome stories can come out of this new universe.

Actually if you had bothered to see a few episodes of Uprising you would had seen that the grid in the series looks alot more like the encom server than it did in Legacy, and in some episode they even enter in an old part of the grid that looks like the server 511
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Murdock.dat
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 9:49 PM
Ianlis Wrote:THAT's what i was looking for in Tron: Legacy, and when I saw it in theatres, and witnessed the abomination Disney made, I walked out. I understand that it IS (or was) 2010, but, as a fan of the ORIGINAL, I was disappointed.

You simply had way too many expectations working against you. I would have loved nothing more than to have seen basically an upgraded version of the the original myself, because let's admit it wow what an incredible world to see and experience as a viewer. (That's what I loved about the Derezzed video ) However, while soaking up every single trailer I could get my eyes on, I realized that I needed to clear the board so to speak of any and all expectations I might have about Legacy. And good thing I did, as I definitely enjoyed this movie as a telling of that world's tale.

For example, if you were looking for Flynn and Tron to go running around on the grid taking care of business, you had that. Except you have to look at it through a different prism, as this pair becomes CLU and Rinzler running around taking care of business.

As far as walking out in the theater, I can understand that. I grew up watching Transformers cartoons every day before school, and I walked out while watching the first Transformers movie and haven't tried to see another one since. The fate of the universe hanging in the balance of some punk running down the street with some trinket in his hand, trying to get away from 50ft shape-shifting robots seemed like complete crap to me.

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

Kat
User

on Tuesday, February, 05, 2013 11:15 PM
I can dig it.

Look, I saw T:L first and I like the style and imagery. A lot. Dark and sleek and minimalist does a lot more for me than 80s-style Day-glo psychedelics. But, I agree, the two don't quite jive. But then, neither do many things between the two films that sometimes makes it feel as if the pair are alike in name and somewhat in theme (= people inside computer) only. The two are sometimes very difficult to reconcile; I even admit to almost needing a bit of disconnect between the two and the need for suspension of a bit of belief. I love both anyway. Two completely different eras; not easy to bridge the gap.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 12:00 AM
I completely understand where your coming from as a fan. As a fan of the original myself I think Disney was more looking to stick to todays generation compared to 1982, as times have changed vastly. Would I loved to have seen some of the original technology, theme, or aspects in the sequel YES, but none the less Disney pulled it off and did a very good job for the fans from 1982 and generation X which I'm from. Hopefully IF a third film ever gets green-lit they'll stick with both and put some of the original technology in a third film (which I mean put some of the original scenes or flashback scenes in a third film which I saw NONE of in Legacy, and tie the two together, but I wouldn't count on it as its a completely different TRON universe now compared to 1982.

lifeasis
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 12:17 AM
As a fan of the original myself compared to Legacy. I understand where your coming from, but none the less Disney pulled it off. This isn't 1982 and I know Disney was looking to stick to todays generation compared to 1982 as times have changed. Would I love to have seen some of the original aspects or scenes in Legacy besides a run down Flynns arcade or updated Flynns lightcycle/recognizer YES. I heard there were supposed to be flashback scenes in Legacy from the original film, but I clearly saw nothing the whole time while I was watching Legacy in theaters. This is Steven Lisbergers world/universe and I honestly felt Disney should have stuck with his original ideas of a sequel and not let some other director at the helm, but that's just my opinion.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 3:32 AM
Ianlis Wrote:For the last year and a half, I've been avoiding TRON altogether. Why? Because of the art direction of the sequel/ animated show. I understand that the grid is a new system, and that it's NOT the 511...but....cmon Disney, you could at least make an effort to make the Grid look like the originals'. What happened to the recos that looked like giant, inverted U's of dark matter, or skies that look pixelated and abstract, or vast, empty abysses that look like they go on forever.....THAT's what i was looking for in Tron: Legacy, and when I saw it in theatres, and witnessed the abomination Disney made, I walked out. I understand that it IS (or was) 2010, but, as a fan of the ORIGINAL, I was disappointed.

So hold on, you basically walked out and didn't give something a chance simply because the visuals didn't suit your expectations? I would have thought story and character development would be far more important to a movie than the sparkles. You missed out on the plot, the ethical and moral story it had to tell and so much more, over a silly thing such as "oh it didn't look like Tron". Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at you as we all have an opinion and that's fine, but as stated before this is the Grid and not the 511. This is Tron Legacy, if you want to watch Tron then watch it, personally I hate a movie series that are basically rehashes of the original over and over and over with only small changes.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Ianlis
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 5:18 PM
I actually read the plot on IMDB. So I didn't miss out on it.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Ianlis
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 5:26 PM
Also, I personally hate modern electronic music, i.e., Daft Punk.

Ianlis
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 5:38 PM
I am, however, thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing the blu-ray. Why? Because of what all Murdock.dat said. That you need to clear the board, as it were, of expectations.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Murdock.dat
User

on Wednesday, February, 06, 2013 11:40 PM
Ianlis Wrote:I am, however, thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing the blu-ray. Why? Because of what all Murdock.dat said. That you need to clear the board, as it were, of expectations.
My man! Good call.

Just curious - how far did u make it into watching Legacy and what is your musical preference??

To be fair, Daft Punk's score for the movie isn't really the same thing as far as what they do with their music albums. You might try listening to Robot Rock or Aerodynamic if your more into heavy guitar riffs, and don't forget their signature song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Can't really say they're just purely modern electronic style, as they go all over the spectrum from "Hey, this song is cool.." to "Fk yeah this rocks!" to "Get this crazy $h!t OFF my stereo NOW!!" lol....

P.S. Whatever you do, DO NOT listen to Short Circuit lmaoabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 3:31 AM
Ianlis Wrote:I am, however, thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing the blu-ray. Why? Because of what all Murdock.dat said. That you need to clear the board, as it were, of expectations.

Its a good philosophy I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about T:L when you've seen it and if your opinion has in fact changed or stayed the same, hope you enjoy it. Also the sound track works really well, my fav has to be when Sam enters the Grid an excellent piece of music.

Ianlis
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 4:10 AM
I left the theater when Sam was in the disc wars arena. My musical preference is of stuff like Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Rush, the Beatles, etc. Anyways, I got the Blu-Ray and I plan to watch it when I get home from the gym tomorrow.

I hope at least they make homages to the original TRON theme in the movie.

But yeah, I will keep an open mind, and enjoy the movie! on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 9:23 AM
Ianlis Wrote:I left the theater when Sam was in the disc wars arena. My musical preference is of stuff like Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Rush, the Beatles, etc. Anyways, I got the Blu-Ray and I plan to watch it when I get home from the gym tomorrow.

I hope at least they make homages to the original TRON theme in the movie.

But yeah, I will keep an open mind, and enjoy the movie!

Wait you actually PAID for the movie ticket and then Walked out 20 minutes into the film?

And yes there are a TON of references to the original film in Legacy
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 11:41 AM
I personally don't care for Daft Punk's traditional work all too much. Their score for Legacy was like Hans Zimmer with a lot of electronic sounds mixed in. Their regular stuff, though...

Intro - Loop 1 (repeat for three minutes) - Outro

Which makes their stuff great for DJs to mix with, but honestly when someone's work is only interesting when it's remixed, there's a problem.

Also, Ianlis, the episode "The Stranger" of Tron Uprising has a lot of throwbacks to the Tron 2.0 art style, in my opinion.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Kat
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 7:05 PM
Murdock.dat Wrote:To be fair, Daft Punk's score for the movie isn't really the same thing as far as what they do with their music albums.

Um... yeah. In fact I'd call the score more hybrid than electronic (and some parts are mostly acoustic, period). I mean, compare Around The World or Technologic and Father and Son or Nocturne from the soundtrack... you would not think the same people were involved.

Ianlis Wrote:My musical preference is of stuff like Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Rush, the Beatles, etc.

Yeah, me too. But I like DP as well. (Oh, all right: on any given day you can walk past my desk and hear Paganini, Palestrina, CCR, Dropkick Murphys, DeadMau5, and KMFDM on my Pandora. Sometimes more than one of those on the same day, depending on my mood. It sort of freaks the coworkers out, lol)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, February, 07, 2013 9:25 PM

Yeah man I kind of get what you mean ! I Love the original Tron Legacy is also awesome...
yet much different.....

The show has a different look but great story to it!!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

1982program
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 8:58 PM
Ok, these are interesting posts. I love the original Tron, saw it at the age of 7 in the theaters and it really impacted me. I also think the original Tron score was amazing and still moves me today.

Having said that, I appreciate the updates in T:L. I think the Daft Punk score MADE the film, I think it would be a mistake to go a different direction musically for the next movie. I was disappointed that they did not allow Daft Punk to cover / reinterpret the original Tron score rather than release "Reconfigured" which was various artists attacking the T:L soundtrack. For some reason, and IMO a big mistake by Disney, was to distance T:L from the original Tron when marketing the new film.

The server that Flynn uses in the basement is different than the server used in the original Tron....am I correct? If so, wouldn't it make sense that different servers / computers / devices would have a different look internally? I think it is a cool concept that it is possible for an Apple device to appear differently than a PC...or different servers to have programs w/ unique appearances. I hope they explore this in a future movie or series, would keep things fresh.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 10:01 PM
1982Program, did you not participate or follow the HUGE viral marketing campaign for Tron Legacy, the Alternate Reality Game "Flynn Lives"? If you played it, you'd know that it did *not* "distance itself" from the original Tron at all.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Kat
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2013 10:23 PM
1982program Wrote:Having said that, I appreciate the updates in T:L. I think the Daft Punk score MADE the film, I think it would be a mistake to go a different direction musically for the next movie. I was disappointed that they did not allow Daft Punk to cover / reinterpret the original Tron score rather than release "Reconfigured" which was various artists attacking the T:L soundtrack. For some reason, and IMO a big mistake by Disney, was to distance T:L from the original Tron when marketing the new film.

It was true to the electronica genre, though, where remixes are a way of life. Let's face it: in reality it was no more than yet another way to make money (YAWMM? ). But it did make sense. Might've be interesting to work the original score in, in some way, but perhaps they had their reasons for not doing it.

1982program Wrote:The server that Flynn uses in the basement is different than the server used in the original Tron....am I correct? If so, wouldn't it make sense that different servers / computers / devices would have a different look internally? I think it is a cool concept that it is possible for an Apple device to appear differently than a PC...or different servers to have programs w/ unique appearances. I hope they explore this in a future movie or series, would keep things fresh.

I think it absolutely makes sense they'd look different, though I would think any machine of similar OS and era would look similar with just small changes.

But I think a lot of people felt much was lost. T82 depicted a working computer system where the programs had functions and the circuitry patterns looked like, well, circuitry. T:L depicted a world where programs go to clubs and it rains. As I and others have pointed out, there wasn't much there to suggest "computer world" besides the fact that we were told it was, and much of the wonder and novelty of the idea was lost. (And I believe someone had argued above that today's generation wasn't interested in such a storyline. In THE age of technology, not to be interested in imagining that inside your every Android phone/iPad/graphing calculator/netbook is an entire digital world? Heaven forbid folks should have so little imagination.)

They pulled it off because they passed it off as Flynn's little virtual playground; you wouldn't expect it to function the same as an actual working computer like whatever you and I are tapping away on right now. But something was still lost.

Now, the change in circuitry design is arguable; the original T82 design is cute and great, but logically: why does a program have circuitry at all as if it's hardware? So I could understand an argument for the new design from that standpoint: the fact that programs glow at all in unique patterns is nifty to me. But it DOES deviate away from what they established in the original.

Really the biggest thing I have a problem with is the continued deviation away from original disc function. But it looks like that's here to stay and most people accept it, so oh well.

I would love to get back to a storyline where programs have functions and where we imagine what different computer processes might look like from the inside.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY