Lost Wax Tron Jewelry

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowSpark
User

Lost Wax Tron Jewelry

on Wednesday, May, 15, 2013 1:37 PM
Check this out:

Lost wax art is fun! In about 2 months - which is when I'll get access to the materials again - I plan on making some more, possibly to sell. If you want to be on the list, PM me and I'll put you on there.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LucrataNexarii
User

RE: Lost Wax Tron Jewelry

on Wednesday, May, 15, 2013 7:17 PM
Excellent, Shadowspark. Great to see some material works!

Lost wax. Interesting. What hardness/color did you use? How many sprues did you have attached? Moreover, it makes me wonder how common those services might be. I've always wanted to try my hand at more lost-wax works, myself.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, May, 15, 2013 7:44 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Excellent, Shadowspark. Great to see some material works!

Lost wax. Interesting. What hardness/color did you use? How many sprues did you have attached? Moreover, it makes me wonder how common those services might be. I've always wanted to try my hand at more lost-wax works, myself.

The wax was blue, and there was only one sprue. He does the casting of a bunch of small pieces at one time, so each piece is like a branch of a tree. I have no idea what the hardness level was. The art teacher at our local high school has art club every Wednesday, and many graduates drop by from time to time. Since mom teaches Chemistry and Physics there, I'm welcome at any session. I usually go once a month or so.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Kat
User

on Friday, May, 17, 2013 7:53 PM
Cool, it looks like fun!

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

BigE73
User

on Saturday, May, 18, 2013 8:07 AM
I can do a similar technique with 3D printed parts called "lost PLA casting"

A part printed in PLA plastic is substituted for the wax sculpt, and the plastic is burned out when the mold is fired in a kiln. you can then pour molten aluminum into the mold to cast an aluminum part.

I've been meaning to make a crucible so I can do this, I'd love to be able to cast custom aluminum parts from my prints.

very nice work, SS

I can probably make make that, Just ask.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Lost Wax Tron Jewelry