General Discussion 
 TRON 3 Could Shoot This Year, Bruce Boxleitner Says

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikefutbolero
User

on Monday, January, 20, 2014 2:15 AM
“All I know is, they don’t tell me anything, but they want to do it I would say probably the end of this year, for 2015 maybe,” Boxleitner said. “They don’t have any dates but I’m thinking from the scuttlebutt I’m hearing that’s it, but I don’t know anything for sure other than they do have a script they love, they’re still tweaking.”

“I got a feeling Eddie Dillinger Jr.’s going to be as bad as his dad was,” Boxleitner said.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/631319-exclusive-bruce-boxleitner-says-tron-3-could-shoot-this-year

Traahn
User

RE: TRON 3 Could Shoot This Year, Bruce Boxleitner Says

on Tuesday, January, 21, 2014 1:07 AM
Thanks for posting!

Some more info from that article:

The script is being written by Jesse Wigutow and David DiGilio, since Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are now producing “Once Upon a Time.” Joseph Kosinski is still attached to direct.

If the film takes place more in the real world than “the grid,” as the end of Legacy suggests, Alan Bradley (Boxleitner) will have a bigger part. “That’s what I’m told, but you didn’t hear me say that,” Boxleitner joked. “I think it’s going to be a lot about taking the company back because if you remember Sam Flynn says to Alan at the end, just before he rides his bike off into the sunrise with Quorra, says, ‘We’re going to take the company back.’ That’s not the end of the movie. That’s the beginning of the next one. That’s foreshadowing. And you don’t get Cillian Murphy to do an unscripted cameo."

As recently as our 2012 interview with Murphy he claimed he only played Edward Dillinger as a cameo, even though a short film on the TRON: Legacy Blu-ray says he is important.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

allenhuffman
User

on Wednesday, January, 22, 2014 1:29 PM
Now that they have the new universe established, it would be fun for them to make a nod to the TRON 2.0 game and have a sequence where they visit the "old system" and show the original grid/costumes.

J
User

on Thursday, January, 23, 2014 10:56 AM
allenhuffman Wrote:Now that they have the new universe established, it would be fun for them to make a nod to the TRON 2.0 game and have a sequence where they visit the "old system" and show the original grid/costumes.

My silly idea of a 2.0 and Uprising shoutout in one package would be having Mr. Wood do a voice-only cameo as Jet talking with his dad on a cell phone.

Yes, I know what this would imply...someone on DeviantArt made a joke about it and it makes a strange kind of sense.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Argent
User

on Saturday, January, 25, 2014 1:06 PM
J Wrote:
allenhuffman Wrote:Now that they have the new universe established, it would be fun for them to make a nod to the TRON 2.0 game and have a sequence where they visit the "old system" and show the original grid/costumes.

My silly idea of a 2.0 and Uprising shoutout in one package would be having Mr. Wood do a voice-only cameo as Jet talking with his dad on a cell phone.

Yes, I know what this would imply...someone on DeviantArt made a joke about it and it makes a strange kind of sense.

If by "silly" you mean brilliant, then I would have to agree. The fact that there's even a physical resemblance between the characters is what really sells the idea for me. Not sure how a program of Sam's could possibly have ended up on the Grid before Flynn's disappearance given his age (I've always imagined him and Sam being around the same age myself), but I'd love to see someone find a way to make it work somehow.

Even as an Easter egg, I'd be happy with this, though. I'd just be thrilled to see Jet reintroduced in the series continuity at this point.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

J
User

on Saturday, January, 25, 2014 2:11 PM
*shrug* Seven years old, probably just as scary as his parents when it comes to brain power (novelization says his ma was a Ph.D. before 25 and internationally recognized physics and computer science expert before 30. His dad doesn't have the Ph.D, but probably invented computer security as that universe would know it...), grew up with computers, and a LOT of help from his godfather learning how to code and why, in that universe, you take it VERY seriously. Granted, godfather Flynn was probably doing most of the heavy lifting, but it's not implausible to learn a few rudimentary coding skills.

The physical resemblance wasn't as striking as the attitude resemblance, though.

I do get the bad feeling that many of the characters from the digital world will be summarily dismissed with "They're dead." All of the Uprising cast looks very doomed. (Clu's army rolling into Argon? Yeah, most, if not all, are screwed). Not looking too good for Yori, seeing what happened to her husband. Zues might have survived - he's too much a con man not to anticipate Clu pulling a double-cross.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, January, 27, 2014 3:09 AM

I really hope this is true!
I want tron 3!

I want those conscripts ! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion