Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 I wont lose hope about Tron I think the movie will still come out.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 28, 2015 9:10 PM

I know TRON will always be a part of my life. I mean I grew up watching it with my best friends. And it was just a wonderful and great time! Watched it with my father. But in the end those 80s and TRON memories will live on forever. A time when I had no computer or internet. Just a time when I was playing video games and watching movies in some backroom.
Those memories make me never want to lose hope for Tron 3.

http://tron3movie.blogspot.com/2012/04/tron-memories-in-80s.html

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Euphemizm
User

RE: I wont lose hope about Tron I think the movie will still come out.

on Thursday, January, 29, 2015 2:52 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1961642/

Wish I could tell you something but I don't know anything these days.

Disney shifted towards Star Wars for 2015.

I had fun working on Legacy. Maybe I'll get the chance for 3.

renderinfo2
User

on Friday, January, 30, 2015 1:09 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:I had fun working on Legacy. Maybe I'll get the chance for 3.
What'd you do on Legacy?
I can't be the only one interested and excited to hear about it...

compscareme
User

on Saturday, January, 31, 2015 8:36 PM
"What'd you do on Legacy?
I can't be the only one interested and excited to hear about it..."

Not the only one!  I am also interested

All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible.
(Dumont)

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2015 2:26 AM
Euphemizm Wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1961642/

Wish I could tell you something but I don't know anything these days.

Disney shifted towards Star Wars for 2015.

Yes that blasted Star Wars. It's getting sneakier all the time.

I want Tron 3. I just hope it comes out this year or at least 2016.
Bottom line I want that Chinese program I asked for.

Also I am very interested to hear about the work you did on Legacy! I love that movie.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Alan1
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2015 4:33 PM
I think he's said too much already

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Euphemizm
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2015 11:50 PM
I was a 3D modeler/texture/lighter on Tron Legacy at Digital Domain.

Worked on the Rectifier exterior and some of the interiors. There were some menial assets I helped work on. Some server room extensions. The parachute sequence in the real world. Some of the vehicles.

Helped put together some of the large crowd sequences in the rectifier when Clu was speaking. I have some pics of the team somewhere. I made a special render of the old school lightcycle in carpaint vs the white that has a rainbow light wall and it says "Powered by Unicorn Poop". The stuff one does to make desktops for memorabilia at the end of the project.

We were all hyped to work on both Kosinski's next few projects. Oblivion was coming first. Then there was the possible Tron Legacy sequel and a possible Black Hole reboot which I really really wanted to work on.

Sadly the whole Digital Domain enters bankruptcy in the interim and Oblivion not performing well did not propel these things forward as most would have wanted BUT... it doesn't mean they are dead either.

But I can honestly say that many people were let go of Digital Domain in 2013 to scale down the company. I was one of these people. I did end up back there on a small gig but have been working regularly with a different company since and have no info. PLUS... even if I did I would by contract be forbidden to go to websites that relate to NDA sensitive material. I couldn't visit Tron Sector for a long while when I was even near Tron let alone actually working on it.

But sadly. All I can say is what many of you already know. There is stuff in the works but no one has any idea, not even the actors, when that go button will be pressed.

allen 1
User

on Tuesday, February, 03, 2015 12:50 AM
Euphemizm Wrote:I was a 3D modeler/texture/lighter on Tron Legacy at Digital Domain.

Worked on the Rectifier exterior and some of the interiors. There were some menial assets I helped work on. Some server room extensions. The parachute sequence in the real world. Some of the vehicles.

Helped put together some of the large crowd sequences in the rectifier when Clu was speaking. I have some pics of the team somewhere. I made a special render of the old school lightcycle in carpaint vs the white that has a rainbow light wall and it says "Powered by Unicorn Poop". The stuff one does to make desktops for memorabilia at the end of the project.

We were all hyped to work on both Kosinski's next few projects. Oblivion was coming first. Then there was the possible Tron Legacy sequel and a possible Black Hole reboot which I really really wanted to work on.

Sadly the whole Digital Domain enters bankruptcy in the interim and Oblivion not performing well did not propel these things forward as most would have wanted BUT... it doesn't mean they are dead either.

But I can honestly say that many people were let go of Digital Domain in 2013 to scale down the company. I was one of these people. I did end up back there on a small gig but have been working regularly with a different company since and have no info. PLUS... even if I did I would by contract be forbidden to go to websites that relate to NDA sensitive material. I couldn't visit Tron Sector for a long while when I was even near Tron let alone actually working on it.

But sadly. All I can say is what many of you already know. There is stuff in the works but no one has any idea, not even the actors, when that go button will be pressed.
Man i wish i was talented enough to be on the team would love to get my hands on an identity disc prop..

renderinfo2
User

on Tuesday, February, 03, 2015 9:58 AM
Euphemizm Wrote:I was a 3D modeler/texture/lighter on Tron Legacy at Digital Domain.

Can you share any of those "assets" now?  Desktop backgrounds, secret unused 3D models, drawings screenshots, etc.  Man, they would be gobbled up and really appreciated especially on this forum.
I'll go ahead and be a party pooper.  My guess is that that even if that go button was pressed TODAY, there would be little chance of the movie coming out in 2016 if it was going to be done correctly.  We'll probably be outside the 2017 release window if that button isn't pressed by the fall.   Damn Star Wars...

Euphemizm
User

on Thursday, March, 19, 2015 12:19 PM
Well, I am pretty sure I can't share the 3d models. Those are property of Disney and Digital Domain.

But, The Desktops and stuff are probably fine. I don't think anyone would even try to stop them from being seen its just things that get put away after a show to move on to another show.

There was a ton of concept art around the Digital Domain features building, now sadly sold and gone after 20 years .. The Building, not the art. I do wonder what happened to all the artwork. There were big 3 foot prints all over the walls to make sure artists had plenty of reference.

I may have some of the stuff on a portable drive. I'll try to dig it up. Strangely I have an Abraxis Character Model from this spot I worked on for the Tron Game. It was a fun little spot. I remember spending so much time getting the cape cloth simulation to move just right when he was spinning around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3_2lTYA8J0

Don't even remember backing it up at all.

I'll look around.

Euphemizm
User

on Thursday, March, 19, 2015 12:31 PM
Oh wow, just from my phone archives I found one pic of the concept art I am talking about. I wonder if it all ended up in the Art of Tron Legacy art book.

There was a bunch of it..

https://www.mediafire.com/?r621nwdjwtm0pz2

Sorry about the bad pic. It was dark and an old Android HTC incredible.

Euphemizm
User

on Thursday, March, 19, 2015 10:50 PM
allen 1 Wrote:Man i wish i was talented enough to be on the team would love to get my hands on an identity disc prop..

Oh yeah, we had the real disc props at Digital Domain. Pretty cool. Nothing as neat as the toys that light up though, but gave us the sense of scale and feel.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, March, 19, 2015 11:42 PM
Very cool, Euphemizm!  You're lucky to have worked on Tron Legacy   I hope to work on Tron 3 or 4 someday

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, March, 21, 2015 1:10 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:
Ah hah! I knew there was something suspicious about you. I Kid, I had no idea. That's pretty cool.

Traahn Wrote:Very cool, Euphemizm!  You're lucky to have worked on Tron Legacy   I hope to work on Tron 3 or 4 someday
Me too! I'd love to help someday, even if it's for the small stuff.

Right now I'm working at a small solar company and it completely kills my creativity. Guess what they make me use. Power point, google maps, and mspaint. Gosh, I want to rip my eyeballs out.

Anyway, I love Tron and it's always been an inspiration.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion