HTML5 Lightcycle Game on Flexible Grid

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Steve
User

on Saturday, March, 14, 2015 8:38 PM
SUMMARY
It seems that, since 1982, it has been a rite of passage for amateur programmers to write a lightcycle game as one of their first "real" programs. There are what feels like bajillions of lightcycle games of every type and for every operating system and in every language (both computer and human).

And now there's another one and it has a gimmick that you haven't seen before.

Imagine the lightcycle game but on a "flexible" grid, as though that grid was a piece of cloth that wasn't weighed down and would "scrunch" as the cycles drove over it. That's the gimmick and it does add a new 'wrinkle' to both the visuals and the gameplay of the classic game because, even though the grid "scrunches," the lightcycles still adhere to the lines (as scrunched as they are) on the grid. Written in HTML5 so that anyone with a modern browser can play it.

LINK
HTML 5 Lightcycle Game with Flexible Grid

CUPRO
User

RE: HTML5 Lightcycle Game on Flexible Grid

on Saturday, April, 11, 2015 12:43 PM
While obviously not the optimal way to play, it's still pretty nice. It's a great effort and execution, the gameplay works, and the flow is smooth. I give it a 4/5. Did you make it?

Hello! I'm CUPRO! (pronounced KOO-proh) Nice to meet you. I like video games, TRON (of course ), and my User, Golden Engi. You can find my user's Steam account at the link below.

TRON 2.0 name: CUPRO.bat
Steam name: Golden Engi
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engiofgold

CardioFunk
User

RE: HTML5 Lightcycle Game on Flexible Grid

on Saturday, April, 11, 2015 1:59 PM
I suppose it's an unspoken rite of passage. I wrote one from a graphing calculator a long time ago using just basic. Ran horribly slow doing 4 (is pixel on?) tests per frame to check for collisions. Great moments in learning.

Your game is definitely different. The effect pulls my screen around maybe too hard to see where I am at times.

Steve
User

Not My Game, Just Reporting About It

on Sunday, April, 19, 2015 3:18 PM
Hi Cupro.

No, the game that I listed above is not my game. Whenever I see something noteworthy about the TRON franchise (mainly, computer games), I report on it as others may not have stumbled upon the item yet.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
You Are Not Online

Not Logged In

Sign In or Create An Account

I/O Tower