General Discussion 
 TRON Roller Coaster may be built in USA someday, not just China

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 07, 2016 4:20 PM

Today I discovered that the TRON Roller Coaster was originally planned to be built at one of Disney’s theme parks in the United States, first. Obviously, plans changed. But, apparently, the door is still open for one to be built in the USA.

Find out more details, and concept art of the proposed early coaster design for the USA, in my article. The USA design is different than what we’re seeing for the Disneyland Shanghai China coaster.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2016/01/tron-roller-coaster-was-originally.html

Here’s one of the concept art images from the article.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

MCPcomputer
User

RE: TRON Roller Coaster may be built in USA someday, not just China

on Sunday, January, 10, 2016 2:46 AM

I really want to ride that. And they better put it in the Disneyland close to me I hop.e
But that is awesome they are even making one !

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Ivy
User

on Sunday, January, 10, 2016 12:56 PM
Even if I would never be able to Visit/ride it (Living too far away), i would love to See it open. Another sign, that Tron is Not dead!

"The Grid A digital Frontier "
ONLYFREEDOM ISPERFECTION

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, January, 13, 2016 11:10 PM
Good find!  I think they should do that, and then simply expand upon it to run across the nation, so you can go from East coast to West coast in a highspeed Tron Light Runner or Light Car.  Who needs railroads and cars, when you'd have a -inspired mode of transport?

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Thursday, January, 14, 2016 10:21 PM
Ooh, hopefully enclosed, with the proper lighting... *sigh*  If only we could've repurposed Disaster Transport before Cedar Point tore it down; that would've worked perfectly.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, June, 22, 2016 11:13 AM

They need to build this! And also keep End of Line Bar and Flynn's Arcade as a permanent thing!

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, June, 22, 2016 3:38 PM
Ivy Wrote:Even if I would never be able to Visit/ride it (Living too far away), i would love to See it open. Another sign, that Tron is Not dead!

Same here. I would be thrilled if they decided to go ahead and build a Tron ride here.  I also live too far away, but maybe one day I'll be lucky and me and my friends will find ourselves in disneyland/world and see an awesome End of Line bar!

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, July, 09, 2016 8:03 PM

Yeah they need to build the ride, End of Line bar, and Flynn's arcade again, like they did at Electronica. I loved Electronica! It was radical man!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, July, 16, 2016 6:36 PM

Thanks to TransAm_Paul on and UnitedTronArmy on Twitter, I’ve been made aware of a rumor that a TRON roller coaster may indeed be built in Disney World Florida, replacing the Body Wars ride in the closed down Wonders of Life Pavilion, at EPCOT’s Future World. It will apparently be a Light Cycle ride, very similar to the one recently opened in Shanghai Disneyland.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2016/01/tron-roller-coaster-was-originally.html

This confirms info in the article I wrote (mentioned in an earlier post in this topic, to which I've added an update about this news, at the bottom of the article), where I discovered a document from Walt Disney’s Imagineering team, that showed a TRON roller coaster was originally meant to debut in Florida, first. It was also going to be different from the coaster at Shanghai Disneyland, using Light Runners instead of Light Cycles. But, plans obviously changed, and China got the TRON coaster first.

If you want to find out more details about what the US roller coaster was originally going to look like (again, not the same as the one in China), and how the Imagineering document showed that Florida was actually the first pick for the location of the roller coaster, check out my article linked above.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Sunday, July, 17, 2016 12:07 AM
Hi, I'm Traahn and I approve this --^ message

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, July, 19, 2016 2:16 AM

I need this ride in my life!

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, July, 26, 2016 1:37 PM
I was just at the Disney World resort last week and there are plenty of places in Epcot where this could go. The park desperately needs more attractions, too.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, October, 20, 2016 3:33 AM

I think they need to put a Tron ride in the Los Angeles Disneyland also. I just want to ride this ride so bad!

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2016 5:48 PM
Hey everyone, long time no see. I actually have heard of a rumor pertaining to this.

According to some people who claim to have connections with inside sources (and have apparently been accurate with some reports in the past), the plans to build a Guardians of the Galaxy-themed rollercoaster in Epcot's Universe of Energy building have been scrapped. Apparently the project went way over-budget. Supposedly there are a lot of ideas in circulation right now, but the one with the most traction is to build a Tron ride of some kind in that building. It was not specified if it would be a copy of the Shanghai coaster or not. Apparently the plans are to have Universe of Energy's replacement up and running in time for the resort's 50th anniversary.

There were some reports earlier this year from people who said that operators in the Universe of Energy attraction claimed that they had been informed by management that the ride would be shutting down at the end of this year.

Source: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-terror-rific-spirited-13th-tot-fans-have-lots-to-fear.921460/

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Eric1975
User

on Wednesday, January, 04, 2017 6:54 AM
Ahhh....it would be nice to have a job working on something like that if one actually had the expertise. The one in China looked like so much fun. I can remember wwwaaayyy back in 1982 when my family went on vacation to the Sunshine State of California and Tron was just debuting on the big screen. I went on a ride that had the light cycles projected on the walls which was really neat. Space Mountain was incredibly cool as well. I came home wishing I could make stuff like that but I never excelled in school enough to be able to design such awesome things. If they built a Tron coaster, I wonder if they would do that in Disneyland or Disneyworld. How cool it would be to work on something like that. Viva Disney!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion