General Discussion 
 Hope for Tron 3?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tron 3.0
User

Hope for Tron 3?

on Sunday, October, 16, 2016 9:51 PM
I couldn't help but notice that the official Tron Facebook page has been posting frequently with a couple of the newest ones saying cryptic stuff like "Welcome back" and other things. Could Disney be testing the waters to see if we still want Tron 3?? 

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

Zaxxon
User

RE: Hope for Tron 3?

on Wednesday, October, 19, 2016 4:44 PM
I'm not sure. Disney planned for it but scrapped the idea...
Maybe Disney really does want to make a TRON 3. Thing is, how would it go deeper into the story?

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, October, 20, 2016 3:28 AM

Do you really think the users are still out there?
well the easter egg of Dillinger talking to his dad seemed like he was the MCP?

Also I think it could be cool if there was more Reco VS Lighttank battles in Tron 3!
That would be radical man.

I really hope they do make this movie. I need that!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Zaxxon
User

on Thursday, October, 20, 2016 9:34 PM
Yeah. Both movies could've used more tank. And maybe even more Recognizer...

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, October, 22, 2016 12:59 AM

Tron 3 needs tons of epic tank VS Reco battles!
I demand it!
Enough with the disc battles and light cycles. We want light tank battles man!

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Zaxxon
User

on Saturday, October, 22, 2016 12:34 PM
I love the Lightcycles from TRON. Not so much from the new one. Hell, I don;t even remember seeing tanks in Legacy at all! I also love the original Recognizers.
TRON 3 Better be good, if it happens at all. We barely have any idea if Disney plans on it or not. I have also seen tons od fan stuff floating around YouTube for TRON 3.

MCPcomputer
User

on Sunday, October, 23, 2016 12:34 AM

Yeah I Tron 3 only showed the tanks for a small moment in Tron City.
And then shooting the ISO city during the purge. But there was no real action like the 1st Tron!
I wanted Sam to steal a light Tank..then take out some Recos!

They better have stuff like that in Tron 3. Total battles... and crazy stuff!
I was happy they had the solar Sailor in Tron Legacy

user 2.0
User

on Sunday, October, 23, 2016 8:33 AM
would love to see a third tron, i worry about how the story will continue whether it be a whole new aspect of the series or if they do like some prequel thing. plus it seems nowadays in movies involving computers they try to make it where the story has an impact not only in the digital world but the real world as well.

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, October, 24, 2016 2:28 AM

I hope the trailer continues where this easter egg left off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6G0AqdVQxA

Zaxxon
User

on Monday, October, 24, 2016 3:43 PM
Hmm. Interesting and well done little trailer...

deeahchur
User

on Monday, October, 24, 2016 9:56 PM
Considering the mere fact that Tron: Legacy was made, you can be sure a TR3N will happen. The only real question is . . . when.

As for the direction they can go is lots, as there are enough threads to play with to weave a digital tapestry. The challenges occur with the real when the movie will be made. 

Dillinger Sr, if featured more prominently, could be on life-support and partially incorporated into a computer system, like Stephen Hawking, or even moreso like Quincy, president of Genom corp in the anime Bubblegum Crisis, and that's even if the actor passes away before the movie happens. Dillinger Sr could also be digitized in a manner of making yet another connection to the Tron 2.0 video game (redacted -official sequel-), in which Dillinger is heavily inferred to be the president of FCon and trying to get his hands of the digitizing algorithms from Encom.

Humanization/development of Quorra in the real world. So many directions this can go, and depending upon how much time passes before the movie is made, the story could dare to venture into a User/ISO hybrid. Just the ramifications of that alone would have some people flipping furniture.

The remnants of Flynn's Grid system is hanging around Sam's neck ... until Dillinger Jr. steals it for dad's purposes. The system could be booted up on another compatible system or even connected to the Internet. The Game Has Changed.

Bruce Boxleitner's involvement will be highly dependent upon how Disney handles the next sequel, and possibly even the whole IP. Sure, he's saying he won't sign on anymore, but that's just to keep from having his heart broken until the future of Tron is a sure thing. There is still a high chance he'll sign on again, be it just to lend his voice to a purely digitized character of Tron ruling the remnant of the Grid as the ultimate Protector.

Flynn could either have become ingrained in the Grid's programming as a SuperUser, or he could be in the process of reconstituting himself after so seriously knocking on the sky to keep his ultimate avatar from making a major mistake.

In all, the opportunities and depth of a sequel or further series are endless ...

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, October, 24, 2016 11:01 PM

I hope Dillinger Jr. writes a new MCP. Or me Dilinger Sr. is the new MCP.
Then I want Flynn to come back. I also want lots of tank and Reco battles..
epic disc battles.. in the open... not just games...
and light cycles running from light tanks etc.

Most of all I want them to bring back Bit! or some Bits..
that and Yes. and No..
that was one of the main things.. that made Tron wonderful.

user 2.0
User

on Monday, October, 24, 2016 11:13 PM
bits are cool, maybe even the bytes from tron 2.0. oh well if there will be a third tron movie i will gladly wait

Zaxxon
User

on Tuesday, October, 25, 2016 3:52 PM

Zaxxon
User

on Tuesday, October, 25, 2016 3:52 PM
It would be cool to even have little hints at the originals. I want to see at least the older models of lightcycles, recos, tanks, etc. TR3N better be interesting.
TRON Legacy wasn't interesting story wise... well for me. It was visually pleasing.

user 2.0
User

on Thursday, October, 27, 2016 10:00 PM
be interesting to see a clash of the tech from the first tron movie against the newer and more modern tech in legacy. i still think the old lightcycles would be the best

Zaxxon
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2016 8:16 PM
user 2.0 Wrote:be interesting to see a clash of the tech from the first tron movie against the newer and more modern tech in legacy. i still think the old lightcycles would be the best
I love the old lightcycles. Sound and look.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Hope for Tron 3?