Black Ice - TRON Meets Borderlands?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Steve
User

on Saturday, March, 25, 2017 8:43 PM
SUMMARY
BLACK ICE is an "Early Access" (meaning that it's playable but not yet complete) Steam game that bills itself as "TRON meets Borderlands" (their words, not mine). From all appearances, it has the mechanics of a first-person action-RPG with the visual aesthetics of the original TRON film (with a dash of TRON v2.0) without the intellectual property.

In the game, you are the computerized agent of a hacker (Think CLU before Legacy turned that program into a villain) and you go about hacking systems. First-person RPG fanatics will recognize several gameplay mechanics, such as the varied creatures, weapons, and tactics. The hacker must stay within a certain distance of the "building" that they are hacking (Think of sumo wrestling) while battling the neon animal-cyber-enemies that the building spawns.

The game doesn't appear to have quests or NPCs at the moment and there's no immediate notice if it ever will. Being "Early Access," there's always a chance that the game will never reach a complete 1.0 version so, as always... Buyer Beware but also, don't be hesitant: Once the full 1.0 version is released, the price will increase. Finally, for those with an aversion to spiders (especially neon spiders)... Perhaps you should look elsewhere. Enjoy.

LINK
Black Ice (Early Access Steam page)

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
You Are Not Online

Not Logged In

Sign In or Create An Account

I/O Tower