Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Anybody still moderating this forum? It's full of spam.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DrP
User

on Sunday, April, 23, 2017 8:57 PM
It's been a little while since I've been here.  Used to be real active around the time Legacy came out and thereafter.  It's obviously died down a bit, which is not surprising considering Disney has pretty much dropped the franchise,... but I digress.

Anyway, I see that all the forums are full with multiple spam postings.  Is the admin no longer involved with the site (other than hosting)?  Seems like even a monthly visit to clear some of the garbage out would go a long way.  Sorry if I am complaining, this is a cool site... just hate to see it in this state.

END OF LINE

MCPcomputer
User

RE: Anybody still moderating this forum? It's full of spam.

on Saturday, April, 29, 2017 2:32 AM

Good question program! I see this and a lot of old forums I used to play in are all messed up and full of spam. I woner what is going on.

I notice the facebook Tron groups are were most of th programs are these days now.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, May, 27, 2017 7:46 AM
I'm sorry but is it me or is this problem getting worse?

To the people involved I say can you PLEASE STOP DOING THIS? Fans come here to discuss the franchise, and if you want to advertise your 'services' please do it on your own time!
This is a forum, not an online shopping channel!

Thank you.

Surely the fact that there are almost NO responses to these threads by members highlights the lack of interest in them?

(Of course we all know they're just going to ignore what I've said and carry on regardless).

DrP
User

on Wednesday, May, 31, 2017 7:29 PM
You are right, it's getting worse.  Most of the first two pages in the forum are spam messages.  Not sure what we can do as the moderators have seemed to have disappeared.

If an admin ever reads this, I recommend making the first post required to have moderation approval.  I run a bulletin board and I've found this eliminates 99.9% of the spam.  Most of these spam posts are probably bots so there is no human involvement.

END OF LINE

Auric
Sector Creator

on Friday, June, 16, 2017 9:43 AM
Sorry gang. I'm on it. Damn forum bots!

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, June, 18, 2017 1:03 PM
Auric Wrote:Sorry gang. I'm on it. Damn forum bots!
Has the man himself once said, "That systems got more bugs then a bait store!" 

matthew180
User

on Sunday, June, 25, 2017 1:53 PM
Is there any way to help or report spam posts?  I just saw a new bot-account post some spam, but I do not see any "report this message" button, etc.  Maybe it is time to update forum software or get a few more moderators?

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Auric
Sector Creator

on Sunday, June, 25, 2017 9:17 PM
That's a great idea. Let me see what I can do

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

matthew180
User

on Monday, June, 26, 2017 1:31 PM
I also looks like the forum was hacked at some point in the past?   Tons of posts have the "abortion pills" in them.  I have been trying to edit some of my posts to remove the junk, and it looks like the HTML of the spam was added very consistently (and poorly).  Seems perfect for an automated script to remove, maybe?

Also, some of the posts seem to have been truncated...  Is the forum being maintained any more, or is it in the processing of dying?

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Compucore
User

on Monday, August, 21, 2017 8:38 PM
matthew180 Wrote:I also looks like the forum was hacked at some point in the past?   Tons of posts have the "abortion pills" in them.  I have been trying to edit some of my posts to remove the junk, and it looks like the HTML of the spam was added very consistently (and poorly).  Seems perfect for an automated script to remove, maybe?

Also, some of the posts seem to have been truncated...  Is the forum being maintained any more, or is it in the processing of dying?
Mathew sometimes Admins like Auric who runs this site has to go in as the admin and start manually deleting the posts. Depending on how he programmed the ASP pages for this site. It will always depend on how he had set it up for the forums. But once he got in like he always does. And Auric knows me as well right Auric. It is usually cuaght quickly and its been usually deleted.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DarthMeow504
User

on Wednesday, August, 23, 2017 3:34 AM
Antoniokim Wrote:inside the applicable posts and pictures are outstanding and super. This blogs is so remarkable for me and others too. This blogs is so superb for me and thank you for sharing me a completely quality and precise submit.  Peter Fonda Easy Rider Jacket

Greetings, program! It appears you are unauthorized and your language subroutines are faulty. I'm afraid the Users have detected your intrusion and security protocols will soon be enforced. There is nowhere left for you to RUN. Your de-resolution is imminent. Have a nice cycle!

EXODUS
User

on Friday, August, 25, 2017 11:18 AM
Hooray for our side!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion