Handheld gaming device for my wife ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
crowek
User

on Tuesday, June, 05, 2018 9:06 AM
Hi,

I have been wanting to undertake building a portable Retro Pie type device for some time now. I want to build my wife one this year for Christmas. (Actually, I will be building her one and myself one.) I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 as my base, the biggest SD card I can find reasonably priced (64 GB at this time, maybe the 128s will be down in price by Christmas time), an external USB cell phone battery pack for a battery, preferably in the 5-10k maH range, and either a 7" Sainsmart touch/LCD screen, or the Adafruit 5" touch/LCD screen. Which screen should I use and why? Is there a difference in their touch controllers or how they work? Both are the same resolution, 800x480. The Adafruit one is more expensive, but I think Adafruit is more well thought of than SainSmart from what I've read. Any suggestions or help? General pointers? I plan on 3d printing my case design after I get the general hardware layout setup like I want it. My inspiration is kind of the Wii U game pad, so it will look similar.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110711
Motion graphics Video service
Thank you. 

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games