A dead system

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Program BASIC
User

A dead system

on Saturday, January, 18, 2003 1:21 PM
Hey Programs,

Have you never noticed in some scenes in "TRON" the system landscapes/scenarios really looked like dead (no many animations, no more pulsing light) and - as much as TRON, FLYNN and the other ones interact with it - there is gradually more energetic colour into it?
It's a sort of Wasteland.

Pointing the concept, when Flynn and Ran went bombed-out by the tank... the stones and the fragments first appear like vital (lot of light) then gradually became "dead stuff", merely graphic - in the technical "realization" too. Lisberger wanted underline this is dead stuff for good through a poor technical realization.
Another example, when TRON abandoned the lightcycle mode and started to run. Then he stopped and watched high in the "sky", where Sark's carrier was flying. Well, if you see better, the walls behind Tron really appear like dead.
Another example: when TRON and YORY stole the solar sailor, the hangar looked poor too.

I love the fact that - gradually - the landscape and the scenarios acquired more "life" and energy, turning into an alive system with no longer MCP's shadowy presence.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

Nikster
User

My little theory (and it's a darned good one :P )

on Monday, January, 20, 2003 1:23 AM
I think the 'dead' stuff supposed to symbolize the MCP's oppression of all the other programs. As the time of the MCP's defeat comes closer, everything starts to come alive little by little (some of this may also be due to Flynn's presense too, the blue recognizer, for example). You really notice this after the MCP is defeated...everything lights up.

Darkness = oppression

Light = freedomabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Program BASIC
User

!

on Monday, January, 20, 2003 4:42 AM
Yeah, Nikster...

As far as concerning our beloved Kevin FLYNN, I always laughed to the idea the onnipresent MCP didn't oversee *how much* Flynn would have been powerful in a "Program form". I think it was a miscalculation, ot just Master's database didn't consider the most remote possibilities about the digital transfert process on an human form of life. The MCP just planned to capture and destroy him in the game grid just as an "ordinary" Program. It didn't go this way at all. Flynn was able to interact with Programs's cybermorphical structures or to manipulate simulations like the Recognizers. He couldn't be de-rezzled. He was the Electroverse's Jesus Christ.

Jesus Flynn Superstar

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TriggerEXE
User

*nod*

on Monday, January, 20, 2003 8:40 AM
I noticed this too. Sometimes things would take on a brighter glow once touched by someone. Even the circuts on Tron and company would glow every so often to show flares of emotion and surges of power. I always thought of it as a transferance of power to the landscape. The more the programs get to interact with the environment, the more it flourishes. Seeing as how the MCP was taking programs offline, there weren't as many out there to interact, so it grew dark and cold. Thusly, when the MCP got destroyed, the programs were free and communications ports opened again, causing the land to flourish. "Every tower is lighting up!"

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 A dead system