Other Sectors 
 Action figures then and now

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikster
User

on Monday, January, 20, 2003 1:14 AM
Is it just me or have action figures IN GENERAL gotten a lot better in the last 10 years or so? Some of them are freakin' works of art, for user's sake! This trend seems to have started when Todd McFarlaine (the 'Spawn' dude) started making figures around 10 or so years ago.

I remember when the Masters of the Universe figures were a big deal. Mainly cuz each one had a different 'action' feature. Even then some of the 'features' didn't involve much action (Example - Skunk Man's 'special action feature' was....well....he stunk )

Of course the downside of this is the more 'beautiful' a figure is, the less articulation it has . But they're even starting to work on this.

Ok..I'm done rambling now

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 5:45 PM
Quality of new action figures is unbelievable these days.

However, a trend I don't like in new action figures is that they're so 'posey', especially Star Wars figures. Granted, the straight armed/straight legged thing looks like they're standing to attention and kinda boring too, but when a figure is nothing more than a single dramatic pose with useless articulation (since it won't even STAND much less look right if changed from it's predetermined position) it's not good either. I prefer ones that are in a sort of relaxed standing position by default with good articulation that let's YOU make the pose. But, we all know why they can't resist the dramatic/useless posing; because they look good in the packaging. Trouble is, they don't look good anywhere else.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

DaveTRON
User

Best Action Figure...IMHO

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 6:36 PM
In my humble opinion, the best action figure I have ever owned is my Daredevil from the recent Marvel Classics Series. It comes with a set piece of a stained glass window and in the package Daredevil is posed and looks cool. Once you get it out of the package you can pose him in any way that you want to. He has moving fingers, forearm twist points, elbow and shoulder joints, full range neck motion, torso twist at chest and waist, thigh twist points, knee joints and his feet bend at the ankle and toes. Just an awesome toy.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

Re: Action figures then and now

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 8:18 PM
My favorites were all my Wolverine ones, because, well.......Wolverine is my hero :">

I have not 'collected' any for a while now, but looking at the tres kewl Tron 2.0 figs coming out, I think I may start again

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

Re: Action figures then and now

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 9:08 PM
Some of the quality of the new figures are nice. But when they do come out with new action figures. They are not the same as some of the older ones. Where you can make different posses with them. 3 action figures that do come to mind very easy. Was from the Star Trek line when they did make the action figures. As well as the set up of the Enterprise main deck with the Transporter.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors