General Discussion 
 Was Dillinger all THAT bad?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Who wrote Sark and the MCP . . .

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 9:18 PM

Well, it's possible that Sark is an earlier program written by Dillinger, that has become the MCP's lackey now.

But nevertheless, I thought it would be an intriguing idea, to have a program that could create other programs. If any program could do that, it would be the MCP. It had enough knowledge and power.

So Sark could be an intentional dig at Dillinger by the MCP, showing how it obviously feels that Dillinger isn't the one in control any more. A perverse joke, where the master has become the slave; in one world now, and soon in the other.

As to whether the MCP is in fact an alter-ego of Dillinger, or not. Well, Dillinger did say, when the MCP was threatening him, "Now wait a minute! I wrote you!"

And then of course, the MCP responding by saying it had become thousands of times smarter, and even told Sark: "No one user wrote me!"

Well, it may be true that by this stage, the MCP is no longer Dillinger's creation, per-se. It has appropriated and gained so many other programs and knowledge, that it no longer resembles its former self.

Therefore, it doesn't seem like a stretch to expect that its appearance would also change, as a result. It's an amalgam of so many programs, and it's been around for so much longer than any other program, that it looks nothing like it used to.

So, my question is, if you went back to the MCP's origin, back when it was learning to "play chess", what did it look like then? Certainly not as deity-like as it did in the film. It must have been an ordinary program, just like the rest.

And it probably looked like Dillinger.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 28, 2003 9:48 PM
Maybe so.

As far as the MPC creating programs, you're right that it does 'sound cool', but remember that the MPC's goal wasn't to make more programs, even allies. It was out to get programs and make them part of him. If it did in fact make them, it probably made those soldiery things with the sticks.

Maybe.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 12:04 AM
An interesting thought: Perhaps the MCP considers that "no one user" wrote him because he has appropriated so many programs into himself. The creations of so many users are now a part of him. Dillinger could have been his original creator (although the old face of the MCP at the end of the film kind of negates that) but he certainly was one of the MCP's writers, since as redrain points out, Dillinger says himself that he wrote the MCP.

Cool discussion!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 9:18 AM
As far as Dillinger announcing he wrote the MPC, he also "claims" he wrote Space Paranoids too.

He has no problem lying in one universe, why not both?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Program BASIC
User

No

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 7:21 PM
Programs,

Dillinger didn't write the MCP at all. Someone did the job many times before, much time before Ed Dillinger would have joined the company.
Kevin Flynn was supposed to be an older ENCOM affiliated --- older than Dillinger. If you analyze Kevin's speech to Alan and Lora, you would notice he explained Ed Dillinger came off on the map lately. Probably, when the MCP was still a funny "chess Program".

Flynn used to play with the MCP when the MCP was just a Program, so I guess this event is placed in a not-so-near-past.

I'm really steady on this line.

"So, my question is, if you went back to the MCP's origin, back when it was learning to "play chess", what did it look like then? Certainly not as deity-like as it did in the film. It must have been an ordinary program, just like the rest."

If you'd put out the Sphynx armoured energo-suit and make *HIM* a lot younger, well you'll have your first stadium Master Control (ehmm... I suppose he called himself just "Master").

is the real focus of our thoughts - hehehehe
Go for it, TRON!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Dillinger and the MCP

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2003 7:55 PM

Well, the thing is JediUnit, when Dillinger said he wrote the MCP, there was no one else in the room when he said it. It was just him and the MCP.

So there was no reason to lie in that situation. Plus, the MCP didn't deny that Dillinger wrote it. In fact, the MCP confirmed it, by taunting him with the "I've become xxxx times smarter since then" statement.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 12:59 AM
I understand there was no other humans around to decieve, but you're operating under the pretext that the MCP can't be decieved himself. Dillinger could have just manipulated the MCP in it's infancy and took credit for what it can't remember and users dictate all that stuff.

And concidering the potential for power, Dillinger had PLENTY good reason to lie against the MCP if in fact he didn't originally write him and has successfully covered it up in both universes up to that point.

What Dillinger doesn't realize however is that just being percieved (truthfully or otherwise) the MPC's #1 user wasn't going to spare him his wrath.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Sinnik
User

Dillinger

on Wednesday, February, 05, 2003 8:31 PM
Naw, he was just misunderstood. Selah.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large
And you may find yourself in a beautiful ,
with a beautiful
And you may ask yourself - Well...How did I get here?

Trace
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 1:51 AM
Selah! Yes, let's ponder this...

Oh, and welcome to the boards, Sinnik abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 10:43 AM
Yea, welcome!

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

--Spock

Sinnik
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 10:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I feel welcome. Now, I am waiting for the day you guys can say,
"Welcome Back, Kotter."

Of course, I would ask, "Who is Kotter?" Then again, who is Keyser Soze?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large
And you may find yourself in a beautiful ,
with a beautiful
And you may ask yourself - Well...How did I get here?

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 12:11 AM
Yes, welcome to the forums Sinnik.
Hope you enjoy it here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

Yeah Welcome

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 6:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Hale-XF11
User

My Disney Experience...

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 7:30 PM
Greetings Programs!
I'm new here as well.

Just this past summer I worked about 2 months at Disney World (Tomorrow Land Speedway), same as Trace, and I got to say the experience was not as pleasant as I had hoped. The managers we're also a bit harsh and the employees I worked with were always complaining.
Also, when they were very adamant about letting us know that they own any and all ideas that circulate through their park and the tunnels I was a bit turned off. It's no wonder they still have a lot of the same, outdated attractions. I guess some of the magic was ruined for me there. Sheesh, so much for the happiest place on earth. I got my butt outta there. It was a bit of a weird experience because everyone was sort of psychotic about their position and our (the new people) position in the workplace. That's when I thought of Dillinger. :P

Anyways, I have since moved on to better things but just wanted to share with you guys the other side of the "Disney Experience." I know other people had a better time working there than I. They say that the Indy Speedway is the worst grunt work of all the attractions (lucky me). I didn't enjoy getting run over by those dumb go-carts (my feets hurt) and I injured my hands when an engine nearly caught on fire. Gah! *sigh* I wanted to work at Space Mountain....

But anyhow, as for Dillinger, yeah, early on he was the MCP's bitch (hence the bribe) so he seemed to really have no choice but to comply to the MCP's every will. Sark, well... who wants to be de-res'd? heh.

Q: Could Dillinger have destroyed the MCP himself if he wanted to and how? Where exactly was the hub located for it?

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 9:29 PM
Ouch! That does sound rough.
Sounds like they ought to change the song to "It's a harsh world after all."

I just had a thought about MCP programing other conscrpts. Since the MCP can easily asimilate a program, could he just remake that same program from what he asimialted? It's not literally rewriting a program instead it's like burping the program back out in corrupt form. That's the best example I could think up.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 08, 2003 2:39 PM
Hale-XF11, I guess the magic of any place and anything is ruined when seeing the inside, Disney or anything else.

Also, about Dillenger being able to turn off the MCP, I dunno. One thing's for sure, he'd never do it. He was scared of it in the end, but always thought he'd be able to hold it's reins. He probably (if given the choice) intentionally made it difficult to deactivate to prevent anyone else from being able to; sort of like swallowing the key.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

TriggerEXE
User

MCP & HAL

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 12:43 PM
*nods* Yeah, it'd be a HAL 9000 situation if he tried to disconnect the MCP.

"Ed. What are you doing Ed? I'm afraid I can't let you do that." ZAP! Hehe

Gee...I once met Mickey mouse when I as about 4 or 5. He seemed alright to me. Guess that was a long time ago. They probably tell you about the idea thing because I bet more than one person has tried to sue Disney claiming that they used their ideas for profit. *shrugs* That's the legal system for you. It makes otherwise happy people into corporate drones. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 2:58 PM
Yea, I bet Disney gets it's creativity attacked as much as it gets accused of the reverse.

Speaking of meeting Mickey and working at Disney, back when my brothers and I were kids, we went to WDW and when having breakfast in the Contemporary hotel, Chip and Dale were wandering about entertaining and my bully, hoody, thug of a brother of mine shook Chip's hand and squeezed as hard as he could. Chip went over to the counter and wrote a note, handed it to my brother and left. It said "we're here for you entertainment, not your abuse." It clearly had a girl's handwriting too. I was so hacked at my brother. I told him "you wouldn't know how to have fun or appreciate anything even at gunpoint." He said he felt bad after that. I said good, but he should have felt bad BEFORE he did it.

I bet those poor folks put up with a lot of crud. I admire their durability and hard work. They are so taken for granted.

I can't wait to take my daughter there. I really really can not wait.

--Spock

sondlar
User

WDW

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 5:19 PM
Heh I was there too a great time ago back when I was about 4 or 5 and had the character breakfast, and going back at 15 you really gotta respect their job I mean they do indeed put up with a lot of crap heh. Also I'm 16 and am only 5'6' so I'm short enough to be one of em so if I ever work there and one of those rascals hits me watch out kids because I'll use some Mickey Mouse Kung Fu!

Waiting for

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 5:37 PM
HA HA HA HA! Mickey Mouse Kung Fu!
That's great!

Does Disney still have the Employes can not have a Beard rule?

On Home and Gardening TV they showed one of the Disney Neighborhoods thats near the theme park and MAN! That place is under strick, and I mean STRICK rules. Parts of the houses are fake to add to the looks. They said you must have designated curtans in your windows, no outdoor craft decorations, and I forget what else. Pink flamingos are totally banned and illegal to put on your lawn there. They showed one of the neghbors who sneaks around at night and puts flamingos on everyones lawns as pranks.
The neighborhood even has units that drive around like cops to be sure you don't break any decortive rules. They keep watch over the flamingo guy now.
The neighborhood looked like something outta those 50's picture pefrect type TV show neighborhoods.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Was Dillinger all THAT bad?