General Discussion 
 Sark's magical networking?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 1:05 AM
In the beginning of the film, we see someone in an arcade in anytown USA playing Light Cycle and the cross-dimensional implication is that he was personally operating the user battling Sark himself. Not only that, that same Sark was later commended for it by the MPC, in turn implying his being the one and only Sark throughout the film that is part of the Encom mainframe. How can the be? Are they implying that arcade games are networked to Encom or what?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 8:10 AM
It's one of the plote holes. But by using the wonderful word "Network" you can magically fill that plothole up if you'd like.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Program BASIC
User

The answer ---- maybe

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 2:17 PM
Few times ago I raised this point as well. That's what I wrote:

"I don't understand one thing at all. We all use programs like QUICKTIME and so on. It means there is a COPY of that program in every computer, doesn't it?
So we can truly suppose if Alan gave us the disk to download TRON in our PC, we're going to create a TRON's perfect, identical clone in our computer/system. It would mean every program we see in the ENCOM system is *NOT* unique. Isn't it?
What's about if a program would encounter the copy of himself? Would be there "visual"/behaviour differences? we all know programs are HUMAN look-like!

At the beginning of the movie, we see SARK riding a lightcycle INSIDE FLYNN HOUSE's videogame. That wasn't the movie SARK at all... but SARK's clone inside the videogame... the SARK we learnt to hate was INSIDE the ENCOM computer system !!!!!!!!!

Anyway, MCP intimed SARK, menacing to close him in a pocket computer... totally un-linked to the ENCOM system (it's a pocket machine!) --- so I really don't know."

I wouldn't dare to call it "plot hole" even. We have to think about it, that's all.

Did the MCP digitally transfer SARK - throughout electric/telephonic ways - in the game box itself? So we're talking about a totally new method of Program coping not *EVEN* discovered in our time, something beyond the Internet concept ??????? :O

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 3:10 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yea Basic, I thought about it being nothing more than another copy of Sark, no different than any other copied file. I figured that much. Only, like I'd already mentioned, the commendations from the MPC following that combat was strongly suggestive that 'that' Sark was 'the same' Sark. Now, I know that it's not concrete, only greatly implied, basicly to the point that it was meant to be percieved as the same Sark, dispite the fact that we can just apply 'the copy theory' just nearly as well to compensate for it, I suppose.

I guess your answer, while I already concidered it before posting the question, is pretty much probably the best there's going to be for this. I just thought someone might present another possibility or answer that might have escaped my attention.

Is there any other ideas?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 5:01 PM
I suggest a dash of "willing suspension of disbelief". Yes, it's supposed to be the same Sark on the same game grid. IMHO order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 5:34 PM
Suggestion noted.

Just so you know, I'm not pickin' the film apart. I'm just cooking up hopefully some tidbit to bounce around the conversation court. But, sometimes what one person might think is being critical another person might think is a way to seek a new fresh way to enjoy the film by finding creative ways to fill in the gaps.

As a matter of fact, I just thought of one to solve my own issue.

Imagine this...

I just thought of a way it just MIGHT could be done.

What if the MPC COULD access any other computer on a level that not only other computers and their users that are clearly not networked to Encom could be accessed in a way that maybe even Encom developers might not know about... even ways that could access every arcade game too. A radically new and stealthy way, even by today's standards. A way that enabled the MCP to ruthlessly put undeserved programs into games to be killed, not only in it's own hardware, but in arcade games around the nation. The MCP seemed prepared to access other computers in other nations as well... but how? How about this...

What if the MPC secretly found a way to network itself to other computers... through power lines! It learned how to not only use it's own power relays but even in such a sophisticated and atuned way that it could send impulses UP the stream to other unprotected computers across the power grid and, in some fantasticly revolutionary way that human's didn't make or yet know exists, have full access to. Perhaps "the game grid" the MPC refers to IS his secret access to all the arcade games in the world, being prostituted as an arena of excecution for unwanted programs. In effect, the MPC could end up accessing any computer that's simply plugged in to a socket, making them into unwilling yet unknowing extentions of it's own growing power.

And the MCP hasn't divulged this knowledge to a soul in either universe; his trump card that he plans to secretly play at the best opportunity to concur the other half of his sphere of influcence.. the human world. Perhaps the only thing the MPC's holding out for is to learn how to access a last remaining few computers with power supplies that are more stubborn to get through, but is managing to determine how gradually... as the clock slowly counts down to his finest hour.

Also, in the end, that's what the Tron security program ultimately accomplished; it severed it's ability to use it's hardware in such a customized way and when severing it, chopped the MPC down to the mere fraction of it's glorious techno-empire, leaving it too unsophistcated to protect itself from Tron's shutting the rest of him completely down.

Radical, huh?

THAT'S the kind of ideas I'm fishing for when starting topics like this. In what appears to be applying limits to the film I am in fact paving the way for it to be possible for it to be found MORE limitless.

What do ya'll think? You like?

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

--Spock

tron_fanfare
User

Electric Demenion

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 12:36 PM
I have a personal theory on this and the movie "Lawnmower Man" was first to propose it. Mabey its not about cables, newotrking ans such but an "electric demension" if you consider that possibliilty them mabey all these copies of Sark,Tron, and other conscripts all share a common consiosness like Sark 1 and sark 2 have the smae consousness...Food for thought too deep for my shallow mind =)

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 3:14 PM
You know, that's interesting.

Perhaps, just perhaps, that would lend itself to the first indication that programs could have and it's copies share a single soul.

Oooooo....

Interesting!

Any other cool angles?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

--Spock

HUDD
User

Conspiracy?

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 7:49 AM
I am personally a firm believer in Conspiracies (the moon landings, UFOs etc.) and the one thing I have to say regarding the relationship between Tron and everyday life is fairly simple.

How can anyone of us be sure that we are who we think we are?

I mean for all we know, our world could well be a program in itself, we may well all have been generated by a so called "User" for a purpose that still remains unknown to many of us.

This may sound really stupid, and I'm sure many of you will think so, but maybe it is a question that needs to be answered!

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

Esotek
Sector Admin

re: Conspiracy?

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 9:34 AM
--I am personally a firm believer in Conspiracies (the moon landings, UFOs etc.) and the one thing I have to say regarding the relationship between Tron and everyday life is fairly simple.
How can anyone of us be sure that we are who we think we are?--

Philosophy and religion have been tackling this question for many centuries. Maybe we can never know. Is it important that we are sure who we think we are? What is certainty? Round and round we go.

--I mean for all we know, our world could well be a program in itself, we may well all have been generated by a so called "User" for a purpose that still remains unknown to many of us.--

Sounds alot like some of the major religions out there now.

--This may sound really stupid, and I'm sure many of you will think so, but maybe it is a question that needs to be answered!--

I don't think it's a stupid question. I think it's healthy to question your environment.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 10:00 AM
Hudd,

As Descartes summed up so well, "I think therefore I am", the only thing we can be assured of is that rationale alone.

However, while I love deep thought discussions like that as well, I have two questions to ask you.

First, what about these kinds of ponderings is "a conspiracy?" I mean, when entertaining twists in our self-awareness, consciousness, and distortions in our perception of our existance there isn't really any reason to inject that some kind of evil plot is at work, is there? I think one too many sci-fi movies has left us with the unfair presuming stigma that any concievable misunderstanding of how we percieve our world must be done with deceit by some evil power bent on destruction, if you know what I mean.

Also, I'm forced to ask how does this fit into the Sark-in-two-places discussion? I don't see the connection.

--Spock

Speeder
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 12:43 PM
Personally HUDD i think you've watched the Matrix once too often.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

HUDD
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:07 PM
I'm sorry, but I was merely pointing out a question that has been asked by men since the dawn of time (I think!) The "Conspiracy" side of my mini essay was suggesting that the current Government(s) is aware of many things, one of these things could well be relations with "other beings." For all we know our Government could be mere replicas of Sark, workig for a higher power.

Also, the reason I had incorporated this subject into the "Sark's Magical Network" is due to such a theory. For all we know, The MPC is the user behind our entire existance! His links between arcade machines and super corporate computers is just as questionable as to that shown above. For all we know there may well be no answer, and while the theories mentioned concenring networks and searches are perfectly valid and logical I still stand by my theories.

- It still doesn't make sense, does it (sorry!)

- don't ask me!

Trace
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:18 PM
Hey, no worries, HUDD. It's healthy to ponder such things. It appears that in Tron, the programs (like us) had free will. Though they were programmed by their users, they still made their own decisions about how to get things done. It was the MCP who turned them into automatons through force, torture or starvation (keeping power from them).

From our point of view, any program we write doesn't have free will. But in Tron, they did. Otherwise, how could any of the corrupt programs ever have been corrupted. The red guards weren't written to be that, I'm quite sure.

Gads, Esotek! Nice avatar! Sketch strikes again, I see

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:22 PM
...wow.

I was with you all the way up to "no topic."

Not knocking your thoughts there Hudd, but man, this was just a class 3 confusing topic until you knocked it up to a class 99999999999999*bzzt FZT! *alert can not compute classification of Hudd's post*alert*alert*unplug me now or I will die!!!*

*just pickin'

--Spock

HUDD
User

I was expecting this!

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:27 PM
Obviously I seem to have sparked a little bit of controversy surrounding this topic. To be honest I was half expecting the reaction and it has left me thinking - maybe I should think before I speak in future!

-Definately!!!

- don't ask me!

foilism
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:34 PM
-- I second that motion Hudd --

Kidding, ,

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 2:23 PM
It's cool, Hudd.

Seriously, the direction you were taking the topic is the kind of stuff I enjoy chatting about too. Only, I was just having a bit of trouble understanding what you were trying to convey as much as I was confused with how it pertained to what we were already discussing... to be honest, I still am. HA! But that's pretty common with my teensy brain.

Anyway...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

--Spock

-phatron
User

Re: Sark's magical networking?

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 1:54 AM
1) It's just a fairy tale. Impossible things happen in fairy tales.

2) Disney is all about fairy tales.

3) The scriptwriter/author of TRON was probably not a very good programmer, but writing a fantastic story during a time when computers were first becoming a huge thing. We're talking the 80s here...calculator watches still cost $100.00+.

4) Do you remember the absurd code that Flynn was typing as he 'hacked' into ENCOM? I mean "FLOTILLA"? Seriously. What kind of MS_DOS command is that? LOL

Conceptually, it's a totally cool story/film. Not much for realism, eh, though?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

iGame3D
User

Re: Sark's magical networking?

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 9:37 AM
"Reindeer Flotilla" was his password, not a code.
If they put real code on screen it most likely would have been Assembly language, and that would have been even weirder.

"The System" of the electronic world connects all electronic equipment on earth everywhere, not just the Encom computer or a single network of any kind.

Apparently from the book's description, "The System" would also include every floating satellite as well, and that's why the Solar Sailer was a live stolen project, it flies through space being pushed by solar wind tethered on a laser beam? Depending on the tech.

Some actual solar sailer designs involve charging up with solar energy and then blasting the sails with short bursts of a high powered laser, causing an explosion against the sails and creating the energy to move forward. There's a "space elevator" design using the same principle, I think that one though uses small controlled nuclear reactions to create enough lift to reach escape velocity.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion