TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Another Small Arcade Question...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, January, 31, 2003 6:10 PM
Is there supposed to be a black light in the lower part of the game? I have a white bulb in there now, but according to this image (and my faulty memory) there's supposed to be a black light inside there like the one beside the joystick...

http://www.tron-sector.com/images/side_Arcade.jpg

Should I black bulb that one too?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

I think there was.

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 10:12 AM
I remember playing the tron game a lot. I think there was but I don't rememeber too well theough. Try it with a black light then with the regular on. See which one looks cool in there then let us know about it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 10:22 AM
It's a plan then.

It may be some time, but I'll let you know when I do.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Auric
Sector Creator

I'm not sure

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 12:43 PM
I remember noticing that as well. Mine also has a white bulb in it now. I haven't tried the black light yet, but it makes sense.

Does your lower panel seem washed out? Mine certainly does.

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 3:08 PM
It seems just a tad like the paint on the inside of that lower glass is a bit weakened, but nothing major. I planned to strengthen it's opacity later as part of the mega-restoration project.

The more I think about it, whether or not they were shipped from the factory like it or not, at least the one in the arcade I played back then had two black light bulbs. I even think it could minimize some of the imperfection of the art on that glass too, maybe.

--Spock

curtishart
User

Bloack light bulbs...

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 4:01 PM
In total, there are 4 flourescent bulbs. One white for the marquee, one white for the MCP backdrop, one blacklight w/purple galss bulb for just above the control panel, and for the one below the control panel, it's a black-light, but it's a buld with white glass w/blacklight gas in it (Kinda hard to explain) Not your typical blacklight you'd see at spencers or Wal-Mart. I think these you find at plant nurseries.

Good luck.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Compucore
User

Could be that

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 7:24 PM
It can be that as well. Or you can go to a light specialty place that has them as well. For the black floresence blubs. Its not a popular thing to pick up. But it is there.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

curtishart
User

Holy cow...

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 9:48 AM
My spelling was horrible in the last post. I guess my Spell Check program was out flirting with one of those inoperative data-pushers again. I'll be sure to put a logic probe on him to keep him in line

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Compucore
User

Don't worry just be happy.

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 5:26 PM
Bah don't worry we're not going to start counting who has the most typing errors here. We're all here to have fun chatting away in the different board areas.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Sketch
Sector Admin

He he he...

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 7:44 PM
Internet forums and chat rooms...
Every english teachers worst grammar nightmare!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
You Are Not Online

Not Logged In

Sign In or Create An Account

I/O Tower