Other Sectors 
 Help me pass the word...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TheJediUnit
User

Help me pass the word...

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 9:43 AM
To any of you interested in a Star Wars collection, or know anyone who collects, pass the word on my eBay auction. This is what I've had to let go of to afford the Tron arcade game. I promised the wifey that I'd get the funds out of the collection to pay for it pretty much regardless of how much of a loss I take on it. The way I look at it, if the guy that sold me the Tron had actually said, "I'll trade you this game for your collection straight up" I'd have said yes. So, I set the each of the two reserves is about what I spent on the game. I hate letting it go, but it was a very worth-while trade, I think.

So far the bids haven't reached the reserve, but the reserve is insanely low for how much I spent on it.

Here are the item numbers.

Anyway, just lookin' to get the word out as much as I can. Thanks.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 12:18 AM
...well, it's going pretty good because one of them hit the reserve. As far as I'm concerned, it's mission successful since that means the game is payed for. Anything more from here 'til Sunday is a bonus.

Wish me luck!!!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

shorty99
User

Re: Help me pass the word...

on Friday, February, 14, 2003 10:36 AM
good luck jedi!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 10:58 AM
Well, they finished. I'd hoped for better, but no big thing because it was still definately "mission accomplished." One collection didn't even meet my reserve, but the other did, and so that means I basicly sold half my collection to pay for the Tron. Pretty good deal I think.

--Spock

shorty99
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 1:13 PM
Congrats Jedi!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 1:45 PM
Congradulations on the sale. Too bad the other one didn't go as you hoped for.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

shorty99
User

Yes...

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 2:06 PM
I think you would be happier if they both sold on a good scale.

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 2:51 PM
Well, it sure wouldn't upset me to make more money, but the way I look at it, I still have an enormous Star Wars collection and a Tron game, instead of no Tron game and a doubly-enormous collection. Quite frankly the math worked out just that simply.

Interesting thing I've been thinking about now, the only reason I've kept these things packaged is because I thought they'd be worth a lot more. Well, now that I've seen that that basicly isn't all that true, I'm probably going to go ahead and open all those things. They'll be actually worth more 'to me' that way and take way less room to display. They don't seem worth keeping packaged for the small additional amount I could get for them, so I'm thinking of "making them permanantly mine" so to speak and rippin' 'em all open.

What do you think about that?

--Spock

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 7:12 PM
TheJediUnit you know what you can do with them. Its just an idea okay. Make a some kind of small scene with them. Like a diroma thing with them. You know know what I mean there. Like make it something simple with them. It would look nice you know even in the display case. Also let us know how the Disk of tron game is working.. God I miss playing a game like that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 9:26 PM
Yea, dioramas are a pretty cool hobby. I've never done it (well, since was a kid I guess) and just keep my opened figures on display stands. Some collectors dioramas are unbelieveable. I saw one that some guy built the interrior of the millinium falcon during Luke's blast shield training. He used foam board and a careful eye and it was spectacular. I'd find a link if I could remember where I saw it. I'd really get into something like that, but my number one problem is time. Being a daddy leaves little time for myself, but I'm not complaining at all. Funny thing, when I was getting the Tron, folks, my wife included, said "where are you going to find time for that?" I said, "hey, I'm not getting it to PLAY much at all. That's not the point behind it. It's a significant artifact in my personal history as well as being a pop culture icon and benchmark in gaming technology, both highly nostalgic and beautiful to behold. If I wanted to just PLAY A GAME, I would have instead got an Xbox or Playstation 2 at half the price with a hundred times the gameplay and a thousand times more up-to-date. But that's not what I wanted... or had time for. I plainly wanted... this game." At that point, most understood, but those that didn't couldn't be made to with any measure of explaining. They just don't get it I guess.

But I'm sure all of YOU do!

--Spock

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 9:33 PM
Well I would probably do the same thing. But play it once in a whiule if I had a chance to for nastalgia sake you know.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 9:52 PM
Well, I bet they'd change their mind when you get the cabinet clened up and the lights replaced. Just let em see that baby all lit and glowing. You know, I've looked around lately on the net and haven't seen any other arcade games with as much lighting as the Tron and Disc of Tron games. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Monday, February, 17, 2003 10:17 PM
Yeah I tink tron was the only one that I can think of that was really lite up nicely. with the different effect for the interiror cabinet. With the sound and the lebaling and all that. I have not seen since Tron or Disk of tron anything better than that.

Persoannly no other Arcade game can compare to the both of them. As for style and all that. You know what would be interesting though. (Just one of those little spurts of mine over here.) It would be interesting. If we could get a company like midway/ Bally to do a new set of Tron and disk of tron and to be able to revamp it them up to todays standards. And each one of us that puts in a good effort in getting the design and the what nots together to make each of them. And get an actual working version of each. But alas that is just very wishful thinking.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, February, 18, 2003 9:19 AM
Sketch Wrote:Well, I bet they'd change their mind when you get the cabinet clened up and the lights replaced. Just let em see that baby all lit and glowing.

Oh, make no mistake about it. This puppy is in FINE condition. And yes, they DO seem to change their tune once they've bellyed up to it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

--Spock

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 18, 2003 5:40 PM
Yo don't say.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Trace
User

on Tuesday, February, 18, 2003 8:39 PM
It's very cool that your game is paid for by your auction, JediUnit where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

shorty99
User

on Wednesday, February, 19, 2003 7:44 PM
Hey, at least he got something out of it.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, February, 19, 2003 8:07 PM
Thats right. You got the tron game that you've always wanted. And it has a proper home and all. Now its going to be the tlc to give it and make it the greatest game you've ever remember.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, March, 06, 2003 2:38 PM
Well, just my luck. I got totally stiffed by the buyer. No payment.

Gawd, I try to make enough to get the Tron and end up another $50 in the hole.

And the eBay sales assistant that set the auctions up for me is basicly refusing to even give him a negative feedback. I dunno. I just get screwed like this all the time. Gettin' sick of it.

*sigh*where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Trace
User

on Thursday, March, 06, 2003 3:11 PM
No payment??? What a pain! People can be so lame.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Help me pass the word...