TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Starcade

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Esotek
Sector Admin

Starcade

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 3:14 PM
Anyone familiar with the show Starcade ?

STARCADE is a game show where contestants compete by answering trivia questions about video games and by playing video games. The show aired on television stations across the US in the 1980's, generally in a Saturday morning or early afternoon time slot. It featured the hottest video games of that time. Today, the games of STARCADE are considered the classics of the video game industry.

Included on the website are also clips of the TRON games.

http://www.jmpc.com/Starcade//Starimages/movies/discs of tron.mov

**EDIT: Discs of Tron link isn't responding. Click here and then on the Discs of Tron.mov file.

http://www.jmpc.com/Starcade//Starimages/movies/Tron.mov

http://www.jmpc.com/Starcade//Starimages/movies/discs%20of%20tron.dcr

Compucore
User

Re: Starcade

on Saturday, February, 15, 2003 4:43 PM
Can't say that I have heard of it up here in Canada. . I'll take a quick look into what they have to see the things related to tron and Gyruss though.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 9:41 AM
I remember that show I watched it a lot when I was a kid.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:19 PM
Well I remember Supercade cartoons. But never really saw that one. Was it just an overall of what was coming out in the ARcades games format alone ar as well as the older game consoles.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:23 PM
It was a game show...where kids played actual videogames for prizes. As I recall, two kids played against each other on the same game (but not as a two player game, they took turns playing one-player). Throughout the show, the kids would play a few different games, with the winner for the dave being the one who won the majority of the games.

Ummmm...I think ...it's been a while..hehe

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:26 PM
Ah. So it was just the arcade games. Then. Until they each got a player that died. And justcompeted for fun. Did they ever give out an actualy arcade game to the kids that won??

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:32 PM
That I honestly do not remember, tho I'm sure they did at least once.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:37 PM
Nikster Wrote:That I honestly do not remember, tho I'm sure they did at least once.

That would have been neet to win one of those.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:42 PM
Heck yeah, it would

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:53 PM
Would not mind to have either the Tron or the Disk of Tron in my house. Either one would have been kewel to have.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Nikster
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:56 PM
Heck, I'd be happy with Pac-Man

Compucore
User

on Sunday, February, 16, 2003 1:59 PM
Pac-man, Ms Pac-man, Jr, Sinor, Or whatever game you desire to have at home. WOuld have been nice to have. I like the enclosure one from Tron for Disk of Tron.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Starcade