What do ya'll think...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
KiaPurity
User

Re: What do ya'll think...

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 1:18 AM
Hard to think up of good replies, you know. ;p

Yeah, you have good points, but what if while Iraq is being dealt with, North Korea gets worse in the progress? By the time Iraq's already been taken care of, North Korea has perfected their nuclear capabilities and is pretty much going to take out the asian region... even worse, other countries?

Mind you, this is just a very scary what-if scenario...

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 8:06 AM
Well, we pretty much have to start with what we had at Sept. 11th and work outwards. We can't go back in time to get a better start. As far as how much more dangerous Korea can be in a few months or so, the answer can't be much. That's not to downplay it's significance, but to acknowledge the fact that they were ALREADY dangerous and have long since been.

It's going to take longer to resolve the problem of Korea and it's weapons than Iraq. Taking the best course of action that can be expected is not "running away like a girl." The unfortunate truth is that the problems associated with taking care of them all at the same time has less to do with whether or not we'd be ultimately successful and more to do with America undermining itself with anti-war and anti-Bush spinelessness; not because it wouldn't work, but because "it's just so dern vahlent." So, it's clear Bush has to take care of these radicals one by one, not because it's the best we can manage strategicly, but because going any faster would "hurt some sensitive American softies" then NOTHING would get solved as we sat on our pasifist hands and got our heads blown off.

If Korea develops one or two more nukes in the meantime (when they already have who knows how many), it can hardly be helped when Iraq is just as busy with other WMD's that may not be equal in pyschological damage but nearly equal in potential loss of life. Truth is, nukes aren't the worst one anymore. And what's worse is weaponizing germs can be easier too, so Iraq and Korea are nearly equals in priority in that sense.

All in all, while there's many credible critisizms about the anti-terror campaign since nobody would claim it to be perfect, the order the nations are being address is just not one of them. And anyone objective enough to look at the facts knows that Bush is the only one NOT running away from anything. That's a totally invalid attack and is attacking for attack's sake.

Like I said before, if it weren't for Bush nothing would be getting done and just because our troops would be home and our president would be discussing something else making us all feel safe would NOT mean that we were.

I also don't think that these campaigns will not come at the cost of American lives. I don't even suggest that there might not be huge catastrophes to come. All I'm saying is that it's clear it would be eventually worse if we didn't take action to solve it as best can be expected and in the end we're saving many many innocent lives both here and abroad. Period. Those two atomic bombs in Japan sure looked ugly, but the pile of bodies that would have accumilated on both sides if we attempted a land invasion would have made what we did seem like child'splay. Same here and now.

Also, don't get me wrong. I respect the opinions of the anti-war folks. A LOT! Why? Because each time they say what they think is the most damning good reason against taking military action and what they think is the best alternative all they end up doing is REINFORCING the fact we're already doing the right thing. Their best shot at logic is helping prove us right more than anyone.

Thanks Holllywood!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

shorty99
User

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 6:29 PM
Iraq, Iran, and North Korea are a terrorist threat I think!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 3:35 PM
Wanna hear something funny in the news? All those war protestin' "human shields" that traveled to Iraq and vowed to give their lives if need be to protect Saddam are all leaving in droves now. Why? He he he! Because Saddam told them to report to such places as industrial complexes, factories, military installations, etc. and the protestors said, "but we're here to protect your schools and children and shelters" to which he replied, "yes, I know, they're the same buildings as the industrial complexes, factories, military installations, etc."

HA HA HA! It's a good thing the peace-nicks are so brave because they're in real danger of learning what kind of murderer we're dealing with.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 3:47 PM
Oh my user! That's so sadistic it's funny!
HA HA HA HA!
What a response!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 5:34 PM
Yea, and it's no joke. Neither is this...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/03/03/pledge.of.allegiance.reut/index.html

See what happens when you take your country's national pride for granted? You loose it! It's just another unsurprising drop in the anti-American bucket that makes me wanna puke.

To all of you that layed down critisizm towards American policy I say this. If you don't start standing up for America and quit spitting anti-American venom against it at every turn like someone who doesn't even live here then don't get all feelin' sorry for yourselves when your kids live in a totalitarian state with a facist dictator. Quit taking your American citizenship for granted and stand up for your country, your president, and your way of freakin' life before it's too late. Get enough guts to stand on the moral-highground with every red-blooded American that gave their lives for an America that was just as imperfect as yours now. Well, I love America not dispite it's imperfections but INCLUDING them, because by God I live in the best country in the world and the best country that EVER WAS!

PERIOD!!!

*clears throat*

I pledge allegience
to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands
one Nation,
UNDER GOD,
indevisible,
with Liberty and Justice for All.

--Spock

Trace
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 6:19 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:To all of you that layed down critisizm towards American policy I say this. If you don't start standing up for America and quit spitting anti-American venom against it at every turn like someone who doesn't even live here then don't get all feelin' sorry for yourselves when your kids live in a totalitarian state with a facist dictator. Quit taking your American citizenship for granted and stand up for your country, your president, and your way of freakin' life before it's too late. Get enough guts to stand on the moral-highground with every red-blooded American that gave their lives for an America that was just as imperfect as yours now.

JediUnit, was that aimed at someone who posted previously? If so, I would just encourage you to not be so heavy-handed--you kinda lumped everyone who disagrees with you into a "non-patriotic" category. Or were you just yelling at the folks who wrote the article?

I will say that I don't think any of us fully grasp how blessed we are to be in this country--how can we when we have no other frame of reference? But it's because we live here that everyone is allowed to voice their own opinions. You're allowed to hate the United States and still be a citizen. That's why we're called a free country.

Personally, I'm not in an uproar about the Pledge of Allegiance. I think the whole court case is silly, myself. Whether or not the pledge says "Under God" doesn't make this country any more or less Christian or Atheist or any other religion for that matter. My complaint on the issue is that the minority is able to set the rules for the majority. And that isn't democratic. The questions of "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance should be put to a vote, rather than having the courts decide.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 6:32 PM
Well, heavy-handed or not, the ones that I'm referring to, here or the one's in the courts in Washington, if they read my post, they'll know who I'm talking to. I'll accept no shame in any furvor defending what deserves no less against the snide reverse.

Also, as far as none of us having a grasp of our blessings, I'm not talking about those that give it their best shot, I'm talking about the ones that limp through their fortune as being American taking verbal pot-shots at it without giving a second thought to it being a blessing. Why? Because of what it festers into... such as maturing into a cancerous banning the Pledge of Allegence.

And I invite you to reconcider your stand on the fate of the Pledge. I say you're vastly underestimating it's ramifications and not giving it justice as being yet another domino falling in a chain of sacred American purities of which none deserve such fate, and are also underestimating how much of a role you as a citizen play in it's preservation. You cannot cast off your responsibilities of being American as being...silly. *tisk tisk tisk*

But, what you hear so strong and brash isn't JediUnit and isn't aimed at anyone, it's a real American and it's aimed at whoever knows it's meant for them.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 8:06 PM
Now I'm really bothered by the responses...

A tad bit on the extreme side... I'm more or less netural with the war, but personally, I'd rather have the problems at home dealt with before we hop into everyone else's business...

Fairly, you are /frightening/ me with your language, Jedi. I'm just not going to post anymore in this topic because it's way too touchy to even comment anymore.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

shorty99
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 8:19 PM
I think Jedi is doing his part in this country by expressing hisself. Its in the constitution. He is expressing himself frely and it is his right. Terrorist wont give up so why should we?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 8:49 PM
Amen.

Thanks, Shorty. I never knew a little unconditional patriotism was so scary to anyone on our own side. Well, it's not like I don't think some replies here aren't a bit scary myself.

Well, the only mistake America does tend to make in foreign policy is "cutting too much slack"... a mistake I don't plan to make myself.

If we hadn't given Saddam a merciful second chance with a surrender before we stormed Bagdhad we wouldn't be having to finish the job now. So much for misplaced mercy.

Oh, and on the way home I heard on the news the next pathetic attack on American with anti-patriotism with a teacher in Denver who's wearing a button reading "he's not my president" and the principal letting him do it. I wonder if a kid showed up in class with a "he ain't my teacher" button how fast he'd be expelled. Hm...

B.S.

We can't have "under God" but we can have political banners. Total anti-Americanism run amok!

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

"Peace Activist"

on Friday, March, 28, 2003 8:59 PM
I don't normally entertain email commentaries, but this one was just too plain good to not put in this thread. They're just plain made for each other.

Enjoy...

"Peace Activist"

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!!

With all of this talk of war, many of us will encounter "Peace Activists"
who will try and convince us that we must refrain from retaliating against
the ones who terrorized us all on September 11, 2001.

These activists may be alone or in a gathering.....most of us don't know
how to react to them. When you come upon one of these people, or one of
their rallies, here are the proper rules of etiquette:

1. Listen politely while this person explains their views. Strike up a
conversation if necessary and look very interested in their ideas. They
will tell you how revenge is immoral, and that by attacking the people who
did this to us, we will only bring on more violence. They will probably use
many arguments, ranging from political to religious to humanitarian.

2. In the middle of their remarks, without any warning, punch them in the
nose.

3. When the person gets up off of the ground, they will be very angry and
they may try to hit you, so be careful.

4. Very quickly and calmly remind the person that violence only brings
about more violence and remind them of their stand on this matter. Tell
them if they are really committed to a nonviolent approach to undeserved
attacks, they will turn the other cheek and negotiate a solution. Tell them
they must lead by example if they really believe what they are saying.

5. Most of them will think for a moment and then agree that you are
correct.

6. As soon as they do that, hit them again. Only this time hit them much
harder. Square in the nose.

7. Repeat steps 2-5 until the desired results are obtained and the idiot
realizes how stupid of an argument he/she is making.

8. There is no difference in an individual attacking an unsuspecting victim
or a group of terrorists attacking a nation of people. It is unacceptable
and must be dealt with. Perhaps at a high cost. We owe our military a huge
debt for what they are about to do for us and our children.

We must support them and our leaders at times like these. We have no
choice. We either strike back, VERY HARD, or we will keep getting hit in
the nose.

--Spock

shorty99
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 10:15 AM
I love it!

Speeder
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 10:42 AM
Jedi have you ever actually tried that out?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

shorty99
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 10:45 AM
I haven't but I need to try!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

If you love America, read these quotes...

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 11:00 AM
No, I haven't 'needed' to. While my fists work just fine, I've not encountered anyone that I didn't adequately set straight verbally. But mind you, most just grow uncomfortable and leave. *I can almost feel the eye's rolling after that one! * I'm glad I'm not so tender that the truth hurts me.

I'll close with some great historical quotes applicable to this war and any negative opinion of it.

"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
- Marcus Tulius Cicero (106-53 BC)

"Americans used to roar like lions for liberty. Now we bleat like sheep for security." - Norman Vincent Peale

"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts ... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Ephesians 6:12

"There are two views of history: (1) History happens by accident or (2) It is planned. The general public is taught that history happens by accident. However, the upper echelons... know that history is planned."
- R.E. McMaster, Jr., The Power of Total Perspective.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson

Speak for themselves, don't they.

--Spock

shorty99
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 11:07 AM
Well, I could use it in a verbal argument too. While getting in a fight about the topic just ask: "What would you do if I came up and hit you in the face for no reason?"

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2003 11:16 AM
shorty99 Wrote:Well, I could use it in a verbal argument too. While getting in a fight about the topic just ask: "What would you do if I came up and hit you in the face for no reason?"

Yea.

You know, the Americans that protest the war openly are making one of two mistakes. Either they 1.) misinterpret the attacks that we've already taken as something that "happened to someone else and not me so it's not my fight" or 2.) that they just are so blasted scared of the possible escalations (fear put into them on purpose by the terrorists) that they are wishing they could put the lives of your family and mine on the next list of casualites just to suit their wish to pet the terrorists ajenda as "good enough for them" in preference to bringing the fight to them.

Well, they can call it 'opinion' as much as they like. I know 'wrong' when I see it.

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 31, 2003 12:03 AM
"Let every nation know,
whether it wishes us well or ill,
that we shall pay any price,
bear any burden, meet any hardship,
support any friend, oppose any foe,
to assure the survival and success of liberty."
- John F. Kennedy

"There is no security on earth; there is only opportunity."
- Douglas MacArthur

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph."
- Haile Selassie

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton

"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur

"... going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind."
- Jed Babbin, former deputy undersecretary of defense in the first Bush administration

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."
- General George S. Patton

--Spock

shorty99
User

on Monday, March, 31, 2003 9:44 PM
"Freedom is not without sacrifice."
-Shorty99

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 What do ya'll think...