I seriously feel stupid.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
KiaPurity
User

I seriously feel stupid.

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 7:26 PM
I got the GORF cart today.
Put it in my C64 and discovered a funny problem...

It wouldn't fit. >_<

Figures, that's what I get for thinking that UK carts would work on an American c64!
Ah, well, I'm selling it on ebay to UK people only. :/ Know of anyone who wants it?

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Trace
User

Re: I seriously feel stupid.

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 8:04 PM
AAAaaaaAAargh! Bummer, Kia! Will you be able to get an American version?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Nikster
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 8:23 PM
OUCH...sorry Kia

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 8:29 PM
Doubtful about the american version. For some insane reason, Gorf is HARD to find. x_x;

Ah well, I'll be okay... :/abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Nikster
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 9:37 PM
At least ya got MAME

You can use that to play all kinds of games, in all their original arcade glory where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 11:24 PM
Oh man that stinks. That's awful. :O
I've had the same luck with stuff like that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, March, 20, 2003 11:44 PM
When in doubt, go American first.

*smaked in back of head*
"Shut up Jedi and all your Pro-American rhetoric!!"

Just kidding.

No, that sounds JUST LIKE something I'd do, 'cause I've done plenty just like it. I've spent half my life in line at the return counter after getting something I should have checked more carefully to see if it was the right one.

Heck, I bought the Tron game before I even thought to see if it would round a corner in the house to make it into the room I planned to put it in. I was sweating bullets 'til it thankfully made it okay. I dunno what I'd have done if it didn't.

Hey, did you concider if it'd be easier to get your hands on a UK game console and convert the power? I know you had a hard time getting the game, maybe this would be an easier goal than ridding yourself of it and resuming the daugnting task of finding that elusive American one. You think? Depending on how much Gorf means to you. Plus, you'd be able to get ANY game from then on no longer worrying about which nationality of any future game you find.

Think?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 12:06 AM
Yeah, but my parents would rip their hair out if I wound up with a UK C64.

However, ah well, it was sweet while it lasted. Maybe it wasn't meant to be... y'know? =/

foilism
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 6:33 AM
ooo i'm really sorry, tell ya wot, i'll punch as many English people I know today [most of them].

good luck with a us one

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 9:10 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:Yeah, but my parents would rip their hair out if I wound up with a UK C64.

However, ah well, it was sweet while it lasted. Maybe it wasn't meant to be... y'know? =/

One of my favorite Spock quotes of all (gotta love Spock quotes, the philosopher of our time) is "having is not as pleasant a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

But of course, back when he said that there was no such thing as a Tron Arcade game. The only hole he's ever had in his logic, 'cause that sucker is much more fun had than wanted... I can assure you.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Lew
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 9:49 AM
I seriously doubt you'd be able to use a British C64 easily in the US. Firstly you'd need to sort out some sort of step-up transformer to convert the power to 240V/50Hz and then you'd get to the difficult part. The majority of US televisions can only display an NTSC signal (525 lines @ 60Hz) whereas we in the UK use the PAL system (625 lines @ 50Hz, ahthough most modern PAL TVs can also display NTSC signals). All of the TV system converters I've come across only work on a composite video system (the one I use to connect my NTSC VCR to my PAL VCR uses an RCA connection for the video) and AFAIK the C64 only has RF output.

Of course, if you're prepared to pay the shipping and are willing to put in the effort to get it to work in the US, I have a C64 (second design) that's sitting gathering dust. I'd be willing to part with it for free.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 10:08 AM
Thanks, Mimizuku no Lew.

See Kia? Did I not just say I spend half my life at the return counter?

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 12:00 PM
Heh. Yeah, but still... *sighs* It'd take a lot to work on another c64. x_o;
Ah well, selling the cart is no biggie for me. I can survive with the roms, I suppose.

Blerg, I thought it'd be easy. The cart even looks the same. Feels the same. Just isn't the same, mainly because it has a thicker piece of plastic on the bottom, just above the rom card. That thick piece was what kept the cart from fitting the c64.

Nikster
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 12:02 PM
Hmmm....what if you filed the plastic part down? Maybe it would work then?

I would not try that if ya wanna sell it tho.

Lew
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 12:38 PM
I can probably post a photo of the cartridge slot on my C64C after the weekend (my Mum's gone to Scotland and taken the digital camera with her) if it would help

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 1:52 AM
After messing around a bit with the cart and c64... I figured out the problem.
The cart is fine. The thick plastic part is the *standard* for any C64 carts.
It's the C64's cart port that seems to be having problems accepting the cart.

Time to hack it! Mweeeheee.

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 1:59 AM
Do not zap yourself while playing around with your C64

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 2:14 AM
For C64, Usagi Yojimbo is the best game EVER

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 2:18 AM
There was a Usagi game? Cool!

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 2:21 AM
Since I own the game, I also have the right to own the rom for it I can play it on my reg PC too

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 I seriously feel stupid.