General Discussion 
 Yet another movie question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Allen_One
User

Re: Yet another movie question

on Saturday, April, 12, 2003 3:53 PM
oh freaking duh. How could I have missed that. Stupid standardized testing preparations...they make you forget the important stuff

I Brake for Recognizers

"I've been workin' on the Game Grid..."

inkswithbrush
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 7:06 AM
Greetings programs.

Geeting back to the 'Why did Sark De-rez his carrier?'

Well I think it's because the MCP was getting ready to take control of other systems ( Like the Pentagon) and needed all the energy it could get. He needed the power of those old programs he had captive and he also needed the power that was used to generate the carrier.
Sark was clearing out hard drive space (So to speak) for the MCP.

Or... It was a plot device to have Yori and Flynn in some sort of Peril.

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 8:28 AM
The likelihood is that it's a plot device, if for no other reason, to mix up the action with some flashy special effects.

But we don't like those answers here as Tron fans, now do we? It's more pleasant to generate answers that jive with the story in ways less related to the unfeeling science of making films.

I think your theory about hard drive space is as good as any, IWB. I like it. I personally think Sark only has the carrier active when he's using it to monitor daily activities on the system. When he's reporting to the MCP in person, to leave the carrier running outside is probably a little disrespectful to the MCP, sort of giving him the impression Sark would rather be someplace else. I think it's just a respect thing turned protocol.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

inkswithbrush
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 8:33 AM
Yeah. That's a good theory.

How about this one...

Sark is a an electronic alter ego of Dillinger. Dillinger is a pitiful little man who probably likes to show off how much power he has and pretend he's actually in charge.
So... Using the Carrier as a big Derezzing device on Flynn and Yori is Sarks way of showing off. It's a power trip to feed Sarks ego.

Oh yeah. I have Tron theroies up the yin yang!

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Yet another movie question