Collector 
 Seriously...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
curtishart
User

Seriously...

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 10:33 PM
Are there THAT many "prototype" Tron 2.0 figures out there? I am seeing these crop up on eBay for the past month and can't believe there are that many (Currently there are 4 on the auction block). Now, these are coming from Hong Kong which leads me to believe these are knock-offs, but was wondering if anyone has the skinny on this?

How many "prototypes" do companies make for a toy?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Compucore
User

Re: Seriously...

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 4:39 PM
Where have they been posting them... On Ebay? I would have assumed that there was only one doing the remake of the Tron Figures or at least the new characters for the game itself. Never knew that there were knock offs coming from Japan.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 4:57 PM
Might not be knock offs if ya think. Usually there's more than one prototypes of a toy so they can test different types of paint so they know what works the best and will stay on longer. Makes sence really. Notice how some are clear and some aren't.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

djmousie
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:50 PM
ive been seeing tons of prototypes, seriously. im not surprised.

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 21, 2003 4:28 AM
Yes there can be that many prototypes out there. They usually make about of 50 of one figure before they decide if it's right or not. And they're not as such prototypes. They're called test shots. I picked up my set of 4 on ebay.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

djmousie
User

on Wednesday, May, 21, 2003 8:57 AM
ya, i personally could care less about the prototypes. For collector's reason, since there are less available, they are rare, and more valuable, but definetly not eye candy.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, May, 21, 2003 3:51 PM
Heh.

I was thinking the same thing, but dismissed the possiblity of them being ripoffs... but to see them on ebay was confusing the heck out of me.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Seriously...