Other Sectors 
 What's your (Final) Fantasy?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikster
User

on Wednesday, May, 28, 2003 3:56 PM
Anyone here play any of the Final Fantasy games by Square? What's yer fave??

I remember BEGGING my folks to get the first FF game for my NES many moons ago (So I was 20-something at the time...big deal )

My favorite FF's are 6, 7, 8 and Tactics.

I have not played 10 yet , my PS2 crapped out

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Hale-XF11
User

Re: What's your (Final) Fantasy?

on Wednesday, May, 28, 2003 11:30 PM
The only game by SquareSoft that I own is Kingdom Hearts, which could very well be the best game I've ever played/owned. I still play it. I'm gonna have to check out some FF. For as long as the series has been available, I have yet to play any of the games. What's your favorite FF game of all that you played so far? I need to pick and choose a good one since they take a lot of time to play. One thing I know for sure is the music is also some of the best game music I've ever heard by Nobuo.

BTW, I'll let you play on my PS2 if I can play your FF10 on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 1:43 AM
FF8!

Because it was my first FF. FF6 and FFX were good too. FFX made me cry hysterically. >-

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Lew
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 7:16 AM
FF6 (that's the one that was FF3 in the US, right?), even though it won't play properly on PAL machines (some of the menus glitch and the end sequence crashes due to some naughty programming which relies on it being a 60Hz SNES). Thankfully there's now a PSX version so I can finally play it properly (now if only there were a way to turn off the CGI cutscenes and have the original SNES cutscenes...)on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 11:51 AM
*ahem*

Final Fantasy I: Finished
Final Fantasy IIe/IVj: Finished
Final Fantasy IIIe/VIj: Played to begining of the destroyed world
Final Fantasy VII: Finished
Final Fantasy VIII: Played to the Train Scenario
Final Fantasy IX: Played to the castle under the sand
Final Fantasy X: Finished

Okay, so I haven't finished them all.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Speeder
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 12:42 PM
I don't see how you can like the final fantasy series, it was good up to 7 but now it just goes on, and on, and on, and on; and now their releasing a Final Fantasy 10-2 which come on, be honest is stretching it just a tincy wincy bit to far.

Personnally I can't wait for Gran Turismo 4!

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Nikster
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 5:40 PM
Scuzzy Wrote:

Okay, so I haven't finished them all.

Hehe...don't feel bad...the only one I've ever finished is FF I (yes, the first one )

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 6:52 PM
Heh. I want FFX-2 because FFX's ending almost sent me on a murderous rampage. :P

But in any case, I'm sure people know that Darwin has been influenced by the Tonberry King of FF8 fame.

Darwin: *doink*

*eyes Darwin* Ow.

Then again, Tonberries have been in all of the FF games. They were named Pug for FF1, FF2 (FF4), FF3 (FF6). The name change occured in FF7 and is still used throughout rest of the FF's.
They look like funky green fishies that wear a burlap robe, carrying a latern and a butcher knife. They proceed to do *massive* damage with that little knife. Cute, but deadly!

*snugs Darwin as he doinks few grid bugs*

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, May, 29, 2003 8:28 PM
Iv'e only played a little bit of FF1. Not enough to really form an oppinion really. I've been told by friends to buy FF7 since I've never really played a full FF before. The looks and what I've seen about FF7 seem promising. I know all the stores here still have it in stock. Is FF7 worth buying? I mean for a begginer FF player like little ol me?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 2:33 AM
To be honest, all FF's are different story... you could just pick any FF to play through... but FF7 is kind of hard to play through... well, it was for me, at least. X_X

You're free to pick what you can. ^^;abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 9:02 AM
Well, since I have a PS2 I'm thinking I might start out with FF10 since it looks the coolest.
I have to play FF7 sometime though cuz I hear that the soundtrack utilizes MIDI played through a Yamaha-XG synth which is something I work with. should be interesting for me to check it out just for that.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

foilism
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 9:16 AM
I've never ever taken time to play a final fantasy, but i looooooooooooooooooove the film.

Nikster
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 4:17 PM
Sketch Wrote:Iv'e only played a little bit of FF1. Not enough to really form an oppinion really. I've been told by friends to buy FF7 since I've never really played a full FF before. The looks and what I've seen about FF7 seem promising. I know all the stores here still have it in stock. Is FF7 worth buying? I mean for a begginer FF player like little ol me?

FF7 was the first FF I played since the first one...it's not THAT hard, really (not impossible, anyways ) Ya just gotta think while ya play it, choices ya make in one part of the game will affect how other parts of the game work. Button mashing will get ya nowhere with games like this. But then, aren't all RPG's like that? That's what makes them so gosh darned COOL

I have a feeling you'd like the mini games found in Gold Saucer

Another FF game I recommend is Final Fantasy Tactics (for the PS). It was finally re-released as a 'greatest hit' so you should be able to find it (good luck trying to find an original copy, I'm not parting with mine ). It's tricky/hard at first...but once you 'get it' you'll be hooked. That game is like CRACK...addictive as HECK. That thing is guraranteed to eat up at least 2 weeks of your life

PyoChan
User

on Tuesday, June, 10, 2003 4:04 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:Heh. I want FFX-2 because FFX's ending almost sent me on a murderous rampage. :P

Oh, lordy, the end of FFX made me so MAD! My boyfriend would tease me for getting so upset about it, even though something is hinted after the final credits rolled (if you missed it, it's MAJOR), but it did take me a long time to get over it, and I'm still not really sure I have. The song "Zanarkand" still brings me to tears every now and again.

I don't actually play the FF games; I merely watch as my boyfriend, the major game freak between the two of us, plays. I know he's finished basically every FF game except VIII and IX. Kingdom Hearts he didn't really consider a FF game because of the heavy Disney content, and because it was an action RPG as opposed to a strategy RPG (he prefers the latter).

I'm all for FFX-2, because it will probably resolve some things left hanging from FFX (no spoilers from me!).

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, June, 10, 2003 10:23 PM
Ehehe. ^^; I'm working on playing Final Fantasy Chronicles. (Chrono Trigger, actually. >>)

List of FF games I own:
FF7
FF8
FF9
FFC - FF4 and CT
FFO - FF1 and FF2

My fiance has:
FFA- FF5 and FF6
FFX
FFT where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

PyoChan
User

on Wednesday, June, 11, 2003 12:40 PM
I don't claim ownership of any of the FF games my boyfriend keeps at my place... I know he's got FFVII through FFX, plus Origins, Tactics, and Chronicles. He even went all around town one weekend looking for the original FF for the NES (he decided to dig up his old NES deck one day)!

We had Kingdom Hearts for a few weeks, then sold it back to EB. I did like how the Square and Disney worlds came together, but he really disliked the action aspect of the game (the competitions with Riku on the island drove him BATS), so we never got into the game much at all.

Though I wasn't much of a Squall fangirl to begin with (I'm much more fond of Irvine from FFVIII and especially Tidus from FFX), I did think Squall and his long hair looked good (I peeked ahead in the KH stratgey guide).

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, June, 13, 2003 7:50 PM
Yeah, the competition with Riku annoyed me also, but I was like, "Eh, screw it. I know Kari will go with Sora anyway because Squaresoft says so."
I'm close to the end of the game right now, I gotta finish the sidequests. X_Xorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tony.ROM
User

on Monday, June, 20, 2005 10:05 PM
FF7 is the best. The characters are really good. I couldnt really play FF8. I just dont know why.

Many expressions...
One ROM

- Have a nice microcycle!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, June, 20, 2005 10:36 PM

I have cried at the end of two video games:

1) Final Fantasy VII.

2) Ico.

I think with FFVII it's because it was a YEAR that I played that game and the ending was pretty tough and I was stressed and it was the end of an era. With Ico I just didn't want to leave the game

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Prankster bit
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2005 5:04 AM
final fantasy X [10]
reasons:

1.i was a late starter in the series
2.it is the only game in my extremely extensive collection that has made me cry/well up
3. ANIMA!!! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors