Tron 2.0 
 MP DEMO TIPS

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
djmousie
User

Re: MP DEMO TIPS

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 9:11 AM
The DEMO does rock, however, like most people have experienced in Multiplayer Internet play, there is lag whether it's lightcycles or arena. Why aren't any of the LAN servers available? And how do you host a game? I've tried to but havent had any luck, is this option available yet?

kmon
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 3:39 PM
djmousie Wrote:The DEMO does rock, however, like most people have experienced in Multiplayer Internet play, there is lag whether it's lightcycles or arena. Why aren't any of the LAN servers available? And how do you host a game? I've tried to but havent had any luck, is this option available yet?

wait a sec...a LAN is a local area network...IE hook a couple of comps up at the same location. Hosting is an option it is aval right from the multiplayer menu. As for lag, when you search for servers click 'ping' and try to get the lowest one. I'm in the middle of nowhere (wyoming) and have found a lot of pings under 50ms . I've a got an okay connection at 640 down 256 up. When you're hosting the up speed is very important. The lower it is, the smaller of a room you should host (other wise you'll encounter dreaded lag!). Good luck to you.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Inode
User

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 10:52 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:This is an official demo release.

I'm hoping this demo isn' t a rip from the final version of the game, because I've been playing this thing hardcore since its release and it's buggy as hell. Quite featureless too. The game constantly crashes and it's becoming real annoying. I also get the feeling the network code isn't up to snuff either.

I'm another of them diehard Tron fans and I had high hopes for this game, and I want to keep it that way. For our sake, please ensure your group adequately tests this thing before releasing it.

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, July, 06, 2003 12:55 AM
We are.

DaveTRON

Qix77
User

on Sunday, July, 06, 2003 2:50 AM
Well... I've only expereniced one bug (I got a missle somehow instead of a Turbo Curse) but other than that, it runs great.... Here is my system specs.

AMD Thuderbird 1.2 Gig
N'vidia 3 (pre-Ti series) with it's 64 mbs of onboard ram.
Sound Blaster Live Plat..
256 mbs PC-133 SDRAM
Mother Board is an Asus
No over clock what-so-ever

I'm running the game at Medium.

My network play sucks because I don't have broad ban. I have 56k so I only connect once in a while to see other players...

Ok.. Bye..

Scuzzy
User

on Sunday, July, 06, 2003 10:05 AM
You don't hold much back, do you Inode?

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Smeghead
User

on Monday, July, 07, 2003 4:54 PM
yeah really relax dude
What demo version of a game wasnt ever vastely improved by the time the full ver cam out?

Ever play Battlefield1942? The demo was laggy as hell but when the full ver game out it was better than a quick patch after that perfected it.

Dont allow ppl to fight in the arena and lag is ok.
I played lightcycles over the internet last night and it was fine.
And anyway - I PLAYED LIGHT CYCLES LAST NIGHT!
How long have we been wanted to say that????on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

- End of line -

MutoidMan
User

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2003 11:35 AM
The demo runs surprisingly well on my machine (which you can check out via the link below) at 1024x768 32bit with everything turned on.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that playing Lightcycles over the internet has turned out to be much more viable than Monolith may have originally thought. I've been in many 6/7/8 player games that seem to have worked just fine. Monolith doesn't have to support internet Lightcycles, just so long as they allow it I'm happy.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Smeghead
User

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2003 2:13 PM
Amen to that
Ive been playing lightcycles over the internet since I first got the demo and it rocks. Just a few points:

Sometimes the cycles dissappear and only the trails show
Sometimes you see bikes lying around on their own not moving
Sometimes you get forced to be a spectator if your ping drops below the server's minimum
The only lag ive seen is when you are dead and are watching. Maybe they dont realise that we mostly all have broadband now?
IWOULD like to know what port the damn thing uses so I can serve too, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont dissallow internet play.
I mean, the Internet is really just a big LAN so they cant stop it, if you know the servers IP but having a serverlist area is much better.
See you on the other side....of the screen

- End of line -

Dinamic
User

on Tuesday, July, 15, 2003 5:57 PM
This demo is an amazing preview of the blockbuster that Monolith has made it.
The lightcycles loocks great. The best that i see since 1991 "Zona 0" game for Amstrad cpc developed by topo soft (an old spanish company) who use the classic isometric view.

Disney please, make a sequel, and make it now.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Phobos
User

on Wednesday, July, 16, 2003 6:01 PM
Best tips I can offer is this.

Basic Throwing: As soon as your disk hits a floor tile / person, recall it right away. You can attack faster, and derez more tiles that way.

Close Shot selection: Once you get close to an opponent, dont use disk english. It's pointless. The person cant block a shot when you throw it at them that close, and you cant get any arc on it from that distance. Just aim right for them and let them have it. Recall as fast as possible so you can rapid fire on them to put them down quick.

Blocking: Always crouch to block. If your not crouched, a person can hit your legs even tho you have successfully timed the block.

Disk English: Holding down fire .. yada yada yada... The best english is used in conjuction with the movement keys. Just using the mouse to get english lets you move it a ways. Using the movement keys AND the mouse lets you get severe english on the disk. Great for hitting moving / blocking opponents.

Boomerang Shot: Never throw your disk straight at an experienced player. Its a one way trip to blocked land. If there stationary (Also known as suicide), stay stationary. Throw the disk to the right. With the mouse only curve the disk behind them, right click to recall the disk through them.

Phobos
User

on Wednesday, July, 16, 2003 6:05 PM
Also dont forget that if a player throws his disc at you, he cannot block. I usually jump over the players disk and throw my return strike hitting him.

Once you block a disk, attack as quick as possible.

Almost always ami for the player. If you miss you still get the tile he was on.

Give the disk DOWNWARD english to derez tiles easier. Usually obtained by jumping, throwing, then curving the disk into the floor.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, July, 21, 2003 5:04 PM
In Lightcycle racing: Although I know the Internet play is unsupported, I have been experienceing VERY decent play via cable modem. The cycels are occasionally jerky, but easy to predict. As far as playing in LAN or Bot games, your best bet is to get your opponent alongside you, then start easing yourself to the left or right gradually until you're near flush with the wall. Your opponent will have nowhere to go. Also, in wave 3, stay on the outskirts at first...many of your opponents are going to take themselves out at the center going for the turbo curse. Make your way through the outer hallways and try to keep your opponents behind you. Bob and weave as necessary to block their path, and they'll eliminate themselves trying to turn around.

Disc Matches: As effective as bunny hopping seems to be, simply blocking is a much more effective method. On the double-decker level, get to the top and grab the spot on top of the shorter pillar. You won't fall through a derezzed tile here and you'll have a lofty perch from which to nail the guys on the bottom level. To counter this strategy, put some spin on your disc so it arcs behind your opponent and smacks them from behind on the way back in. Or, have your teammate run interference while you nail them from the side.

As far as the game's performance, I am more than pleased. I can run the game with pretty much everything turned on, with the exception of the glow effect, and it's smooth as silk. Gotta love that, especially in a world where Doom3 is going to require at least a Radeon 9500.

Intel Celeron 1.1 GHz
ATI Radeon 9000 64 MB DDR
256 MB SDRAM
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

Nerotrobe
User

on Monday, July, 21, 2003 7:27 PM
kmon Wrote: The AI has a timeliimit to and will crash into a wall after an alloted time, as you progress though the stages the timelimit becomes larger and larger (I'm not sure their is on at the latter stages).

As far as I know there is no time limit for the AI to crash, perhaps your just imaging that.

kmon
User

on Monday, July, 21, 2003 10:56 PM
Nerotrobe Wrote:
As far as I know there is no time limit for the AI to crash, perhaps your just imaging that.

Hmmm prehaps, but I've noticed that in most of the matches i've played. Especially when you start using the 'build a giant box method'. The ai will simply crash on its own after a given time. On the harder difficulties it take a little longer for them to crash on their own. So, maybe their isint a 'given' timelimit. Just that the harder ai takes longer to crash on its own...thats what i was orginally trying to say. Play around with it, and see what happens.

Another tip, always go for the targets that appear in the various lvls at any opertune time. They can really help your cause.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 MP DEMO TIPS