TRON: LEGACY 
 Lazy Sequalizing?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tarvok
User

Lazy Sequalizing?

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 5:28 PM
One thing that has disappointed me about every official sequal idea I've seen is that they show a complete lack of sci-fi imagination. The attempt seems to be simply to capture the "flavor" of the original Tron movie and "translate" it into modern times. The first movie sequal idea I saw had something to do with fighting an out of control search engine with eXtreme sports enthusiasts. The latest is a little better; the possible criminal uses of the digitization technology... but still, nothing compared to the possibilities that digitization opens up.

In the original Tron, matter digitization was merely a plot device. Okay, fair enough. But my suspension of disbelief is rather severely challenged when I hear that 20 years have gone by... and nothing happened. I mean, *why* did twenty years go by without matter-digitization, which worked without a hitch in the original movie, working again? I understand the explanation the Tron 2.0 crew use, that a sophisticated AI is required to digitize human beings, which of course means that Flynn could not have been digitized without the help of the MCP.

But what about inanimate matter. I sincerely doubt the MCP was involved in digitizing oranges. And if one can digitize matter, one can ship it via network cables and re-materialize it at the end point. Can anyone say this wouldn't result in the complete transformation of the shipping industry, at the very least? Flynn, of course, would profit from this greatly...

And if it did take twenty years to duplicate this technology, why, of all people, was it Alan who accomplished it? Lori was on the original team, under Dr. Walter Gibbs... why is it Alan, of all people, that ends up "reinventing" matter-digitization twenty years later? He's a security programmer, not an applied physicist (as his wife was).

I see in a Tron sequal the opportunity to chronicle a changing world, one very different from our own. One in which matter-digitization technology threatens to displace the long distance shipping industry. One in which hackers have something new to do: the modern equivalant of train-robbing. I see the digitial frontiers as just that: a frontier, complete with the lawless, but developing, environment that leaves a great deal of room for truly stirring stories of adventure.

I see increasing interaction, and perhaps even conflict, between and within the physical and digital worlds. Digital thieves, espionage, direct confrontation of purely digital threats: viruses, worms, etc.

Simply put, just trying to make a 2003 version of Tron seems lazy and misguided. There is so much more potential there...

sondlar
User

Re: Lazy Sequalizing?

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 6:01 PM
Can't they just rob trains with horses any more?

Waiting for

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, July, 04, 2003 2:48 PM
We didn't know what would happen in the future! :P

Now that the future has become the present and still no digitalization of people, but I think this can still be used in Tron 2.0.

Why? It's still the unknown.

Maybe they have a reason why Alan was working on reconstructing it? (they did mention that the digitalization technology got wiped out with MCP)where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

master control
User

on Monday, August, 11, 2003 12:09 AM
Can't the story evolve around the generation of their kids somehow getting involved, I mean they are around all this technology, wouldn't you be curious about so called digitization.

When I saw that as a kid on "laserdisc" I went buzurck. That was cool as s#it. It literally blew my mind open to new ideas, and if a movie can just do that it's worth the movie ticket.

And why does the reality present day presented in the movie sequel have to resemble today, why not show a future influenced by the mass production of digitization and othe technological advances.

I can't wait till Tron 2.0 comes out, I went to the local GameStop today and they said it will hit the shelves August 27th or some where around there, I'm only 26 and wasn't really self aware to enjoy the Tron movie in the theatres when it originally came out, heck I was only 6 year old at the time, and I support the sequel and will buy the PC game Tron 2.0!

If a crap movie like Tomb Raider can get a sequel then a cult classic like Tron should have one to, I don't care if it's 20 years later or even 40 years later...

END OF LINE

master controlorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, August, 14, 2003 9:28 AM
Play . You will have a very satisfying answer to your questions (and a hella good game, too!). abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

master control
User

Re: tron 2.0

on Tuesday, August, 26, 2003 4:51 PM
It's finally here and I'm going to pick me up a copy today, whew who!

END OF LINE

master controlwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Lazy Sequalizing?