Tron 2.0 
 ITS BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Smeghead
User

ITS BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!

on Monday, July, 07, 2003 3:55 PM
I just wanted to say something on this forum because the time is nearly here that i've been waiting for for over 20 years.
I always wanted someone to make a Tron game that was more immersive than the original arcade game, like a FPS or simulation. I was hoping that those that attempted it would realise that they are treading on hallowed ground here - like the makers of Star Trek TNG, you have to do this right and the criticism and wrath of all true fans hangs over your head as you take on this awesome responsibilty.
Would the game be an embarrassment? would it be techinaly correct? would those responsible be real Tron fans who first recognized the existence of, and then took the trouble to recreate that "Tron feel"
You know what I mean - you watch Tron the movie and it almost feels 'warm inside' the blue /orange glow and the almost art-deco designs.

I needn't have worried. Thank god the game was done by someone over the age of 25, some who would insist on the requirements i've mentioned, a true fan. They are, i dont need to know, I can tell by the demo alone. I find myself just looking around the arena instead of looking where my lightcycle is going!
WOW Im actually here, inside the movie, inside the MCP!

Well done guys, its been too long coming, but if it had been here any sooner, it wouldnt be the wonderful authentic recreation is seems to be - thanks so much, its been worth the wait!

Smeg

- End of line -

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 ITS BEEN WORTH THE WAIT!