Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Disc controlling and a few other questions.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, July, 12, 2003 6:46 PM
I love the disc game once I realized you could curve the disc in flight.

Only you should be on a low ping server to keep it accurate. On 180+ ping my disc would disappear alot. I have cable so 50 ping server feels like lan

I always try to tell others who havent read the txt on how to block and curve disc throws etc.

I played a gem a minute ago with peeps that were all curving the disc throws and blocking etc.

It ruled.

Actually got a guy behind the pedestal with the curve on my throw.

ok questions.

1. will there be a setting to make the disc control in flight even more sensitive. Kind of like a slider - 0% means no control and 100% (or something like 50%) means very controllable?

2. will we be able to make our own boards for multiplay?

3. Everyone is concerned about the tanks (as am I ) but will there be recognizers in game?

Great job on the demo so far.

That is all

-end of line-order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Scuzzy
User

Re: Disc controlling and a few other questions.

on Saturday, July, 12, 2003 7:06 PM
1. A sensitivity slider would be impracticle (sp?). Everyone shoudl have the same degree of control.

2. That would be tres cool!

3. If you watch the very first teaser movie you see some recognizers, but it's a quick flash. To what extent they are used I can't say.

Hope that helps!

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Maverick
User

on Saturday, July, 12, 2003 7:47 PM
Hey!!! was that you on my server just a few minutes ago?? If so GOOD GAMES!!! (It was called ++1.9P4 cAble++)

curtishart
User

on Sunday, July, 13, 2003 10:08 AM
Euphemizm Wrote:

3. Everyone is concerned about the tanks (as am I ) but will there be recognizers in game?

The only thing I remember stating about recognizers was an article a while back in PC Gamer, I believe.

They stated recognizers had sort of lost their value over time and have turned into the equivelent of tug-boats, moving stuff around.

Whether there's a more modern/updated version I couldn't tell you.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Euphemizm
User

yep that was me.

on Sunday, July, 13, 2003 3:33 PM
Hey Maverick,
Yeh that was me alright. You going to keep that server going? If so and I see it up I will be by for more fun

Also to scuzzy- I meant a slider on the server setup side. So yes it would pertain to all the players at once to be fair.

I'm sure if it isn't originally put in the game that modders will do it. I could imagine it being hard on the band width though

Inode
User

on Wednesday, July, 16, 2003 1:43 PM
Once you experiment with curving the disc, you'll realize just how effective it can be. My standard shot toolbox consists of three or four types of curve shots depending on the behavior of my opponent. If my opponent is a non-jumper, most times I avoid jumping too but curve the disc laterally toward them in a nice elliptical fashion, keeping the shot parallel with the ground.

If my opponent is a jumper, or even an erratically moving non-jumper, I tend to depend on two types of jumping curve shots. One that begins in the air and another that begins on the ground. For the air shot, jump while moving laterally then shoot and land in a spot approximately one or two feet diagonally from where you land. This creates a Z disc pattern in the air that covers enough of an XY axis in space to increase your chances of a hit no matter where your opponent is within your range of a curve shot.

There are times when my opponent is real skilled, but my diagonal curve beginning from the ground is what I use to upset their jumping rhythm. Track your opponent and wait for him to jump, then immediately fire and then jump in that diagonal pattern I mentioned earlier. This will create a reverse Z pattern that's effective in wrecking jumpers' rhythm.

Works for me.

Inodeabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 10:46 AM
Ugh, all that stuff is just too complicated for me. That's why I have Trace fight the disks for me while I run the lightcycle races! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0