Tron 2.0 
 Lightcycles SQUARES

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Smeghead
User

Lightcycles SQUARES

on Thursday, July, 17, 2003 6:30 PM
jeeeeesy it seems the best way to win at lightcycles is simply to draw huge boxes or squares in the middle of the game area and wait for others to die. How boring.

I prefer to mix it up all over the place but i've never seen anyone so successful as those 'squares' that draw boxes in the middle around the TurboCurse thingy.

I hope theres a level with a maze like the movie.

And how come the program smashed a hole in the side of the game grid in the movie? That keeps happening to me and I dont make a hole (hehe)

Also, I love the 'in bike' view but who the hell can play like that? Its nice to be able to look left and right but woah, thats too much - the traditional chase view is all I can handle!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

- End of line -

Nikster
User

Re: Lightcycles SQUARES

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 4:18 PM
Back in the day, I found that the 'square' strategy worked for the arcade game as well. At least for the first 3 levels (that's as far as I ever got in the game)

You just make a big enough square...bide your time...and the bad guys will do themselves in.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Euphemizm
User

YOu know, I think the cycles AI could be tweaked.

on Friday, July, 18, 2003 7:45 PM
I had noticed that the AI seems to notice when it is close to you since they use thier boost when near you.

But I sometimes see them suiciding when there are still about 70% other ways to go.

SOme at the start just box themselves in and die. I would like to see these bikes keep trying all ways to go until they have to crash.

I am aware that if they are forced to go inside to avoid crashing then they die form being enclosed I am ok with that.

But when simply a left or right turn would get them out I would like to see that.

I have got out of many box ins due to the niceness of the drawing grid of the walls. it isnt limited to a certain grid.

YOu can turn at anypoint getting inside very tight spaces.

I have followed another human player inside a small square, cut him off, then quickly double clicked ( 180 turn)to trace my way (very closely inside two walls) back around 3 times to get out.

Would like to see cpu do it sometimes.

luv the cycles though. nice job B.V . guys.

Discs rule too.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

M0b1u5
User

on Monday, July, 28, 2003 12:57 AM
Squares? LOL.

The robot riders are "detuned" to give you a chance. Even on Expert they aren't very smart - but this is entirely intentional.

I wrote a LightCycle program on an OSI C1P inside 64KB of RAM in 1984, and I had to hobble it because otherwise it was unbeatable. Coding the robots to ride lightcycles was surprisingly easy.

----------------------------------------------
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

zefalcon
User

on Monday, July, 28, 2003 8:49 AM
So far been lucky and aint seen no box thingys, but with the camera view, i cant play it unless i play on the FP camera,the outside camera is just weird, but i play all games FP, more harder and more of a challenge.

Zefalconabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Fatal Exception's What a Biatch..
My God it's Full of Stars!!
SERVER PLAYING ON:Zefalcon[T-Sec]DSL ONLY
ZEFALCON!!!

Scuzzy
User

on Monday, July, 28, 2003 10:29 AM
I've only seen the AI box themselves in twice. Any other times they're pretty bright for their levels.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Lightcycles SQUARES