Tron Soundtrack Question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Red5
User

Tron Soundtrack Question

on Saturday, July, 19, 2003 2:32 PM
Flips sake!

I finally stopped listening to my LP version of the Tron soundtrack today; went into the music shop to buy the recently updated CD version and hurried home with glee.

Putting the CD on - and, after hearing all the excitement about it - was eager to hear all the new stuff previously unheard on the Vinyl LP.

Shock! Horror! Gasp! Where was the Lightcycles track? Where was the orchestral music when Alan goes down to meet Lora?

Can anyone put me right here?

I guess it's like Flavor Flav says: "Don't believe the hype."

IsoLine
User

Re: Tron Soundtrack Question

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 4:31 AM
Um, I don't know, I gues they had to cut the music used during Alan's walk to the laser lab, was that one the LP and Cassette? I'll have to dig mine out and check. I too missed that theme, the violins....THE VIOLINS!!! The Lightcycle music is basically the violin riff used while Alan is walking down to the laser lab only its synthesized and repetative with a progressively sequenced bass line added as it goes along (I guess that is how they say it). They put it on the 2 disc DVD as a scene with music type of thing so I guess they figured they didn't need to put it on the soundtrack. Not that I advocate downloading off Kazaa or Winmx, but you can probably find it on one of those sites after searching for Tron MP3's probably listed as Deleted Lightcycle music or something.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Red5
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 2:20 PM
Yeah - I downloaded the Lightcylces track a couple of years back. Still, it's a pity they couldn't have included it on the re-issued soundtrack CD.

Thanks for pointing out (much to my embarrassment) the fact that the music being played as Alan walks down to the lab is the Lightcylces theme, albeit done on strings and not synths.

And you're right. The violins are killer.

Red5
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 2:20 PM
But does anyone know where we can get the strings version of the Lightycycle theme, as heard when Alan goes into the lab?

Pretty please...

Hale-XF11
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 5:52 PM
Greetings Programs!

Here's what Wendy Carlos had to say about the lightcycle theme on her website...

"Before the final music mixes were made, my score for the Lightcycle Sequence was cut in favor of the sound effects. Big disappointment to me. That was among several sections on the multitrack work tapes that were never completed. We did create a rough demo "outtake" version as a favor for Disney upon the release of the TRON LaserDisk deluxe edition a few years ago (I've just been told it's on the new DVD, too, thanx: Brendan). But there was no time or budget to bring it up to the standards of the rest of the music score, and it does not appear on this new CD. I retain ownership of that section, unused in the actual film, and reworked and expanded it into the opening Scherzo of the "Io" movement from Digital Moonscapes. You should listen to that track (number eight) if you want to hear "the definitive version" of this selection. Film composers often do the same thing with their better ideas that remain unused for various reasons. For example, Alex North reworked some unused music he'd written for Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey into several sections of his much later score to Dragonslayer. Can't keep a good idea down! "

So there you have it, if you haven't already picked up Digital Moonscapes, you should check it out. It probably sounds better on that album than from any other source.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Qix77
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 7:53 PM
On the soundtrack note: (not the movie but the game)...

I found a way to extract the music from the demo and there are a lot of music that is not heard in the demo. I would like to tell everyone how (if it is ok with the QA team since they run the site..).

I'll be checking back frequently within the next few hours. If no one oposses, I'll tell you about the program that I used and (by then) hopefully have a link for everyone...

I did this a day after the demo was released, so if I can do it within that time, anyone can...

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Hale-XF11
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 8:11 PM
That would be great!! (if no one else minds). I would love to hear some stand alone music from the game. Any chance of you making some MP3's for those of us who don't have a computer capable of playing the demo?

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Qix77
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 9:27 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:That would be great!! (if no one else minds). I would love to hear some stand alone music from the game. Any chance of you making some MP3's for those of us who don't have a computer capable of playing the demo?

No doubt... each file is very short but they go together if played in order... it rocks....

Red5
User

on Wednesday, July, 23, 2003 2:28 PM
I understand what you're saying about the Digital Moonscapes piece (I've heard it). But what I'm trying to get a hold of is the actual piece of music that plays when Alan goes into the Science Lab.

Granted the digi moonscapes piece is basically a string version of the Lightcycle theme, but it doesn't bare much resemblence to the piece when Alan goes to the Science Lab.

I think I've been barking up the wrong tree. Sorry folks.

Red 5

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron Soundtrack Question