AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
M0b1u5
User

Can you do THIS? :)

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 5:12 PM
http://planetdescent.com/d3help/dbb/lightcycle01.jpg

or THIS?

http://planetdescent.com/d3help/dbb/lightcycle02.jpg

MUHAHAHA! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

----------------------------------------------
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

Scuzzy
User

Re: Can you do THIS? :)

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 5:23 PM
Well, I am impressed. Well done, program!

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

M0b1u5
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 5:45 PM
You aint seen nothing yet Wait until you see the 248 turn pattern I am working on right now! Others include:

1) OWNED in big capital letters.
2) A Mayan symbol with 198 turns
3) A stepping left cube with only one entrance/exit

If you have something like the Belkin n50 SpeedPad, it's easy to program button for Macros like this. It took me about an hour to perfect the large square shape (bottom link), and I have to create it with the cycle running at slow speed, but the "game winning" Macros are these ones:

1) Left Hand U-Turn, with NO delay between turns
2) Right Hand U-Turfn with NO delay between turns

3) Left, 200ms delay, right, 100ms delay, right 200ms delay, left
4) Right, 200ms delay, left, 100ms delay, left, 200ms delay, right

The first two are to most economically use a space you've been trapped inside. Uasing alternate U-Turns, you can turn a TINY square into the space large enough to survive until the trail expires.

The last two, you use to make an opponent smash into your trail when you are only just ahead of them. Use The LEFT or RIGHT versions dependiong on which side they are.

Online, these tricks rock, and I've been cleaning people up all over the place, even when very laggy.

OH, and WTF is up with a Maximum ping time online? That's so freaking lame! That should NOT survive the transition to the full game! AAARGH.

DSL in New Zealand is only good enough to make 220ms minimum to the USA

Smeghead
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 6:14 PM
I need something to help me turn twice faster
I cant do a 180 fast enough, maybe its arthritus or something but i cant tap that right button twice fast enuf.
Speedpad is a good idea thanks

- End of line -

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 6:28 PM
Wait wait wait...you're using macros??? That is both genius and very lame. Ride that lightcycle like a man!

Smeghead
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 7:36 PM
another religious nut

- End of line -

M0b1u5
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 7:50 PM
I'd say that using Macros is absolutely REQUIRED for lightcycle combat: if you aren't using them, you're a dead-bit, sure as compilers produce binaries!

The Lightcycle portion o fthe game lends itself nicely not just to Key Macros via an n50 SpeedPad, but also to voice control using "GameCommander".

Game Commander supports up to 256 key strokes, and up to 256 commands (At least my version which is kinda old does).

That means you don't need to buy a SpeedPad, but just GameCommander.

http://www.gamecommander.com/ Try the Trial version.

Using GC you can create some pretty amazing patterns, or some defensive routines. I'll be experimenting with my copy of GC this weekend.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 11:03 PM
Macros? Thanks for telling me you cheat! Now I'll always set my Maximum Ping below 100 and keep you out of any game I host!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Qix77
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 11:31 PM

Lightcycles: It's not just a game.... it's art....

Qix77
User

on Thursday, July, 24, 2003 11:34 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:Macros? Thanks for telling me you cheat! Now I'll always set my Maximum Ping below 100 and keep you out of any game I host!

Well... he didn't say he was playing online with macros, but just doing some nifty designs...

I'd like to see them.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

M0b1u5
User

Macros = Cheating??? LOL

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 12:52 AM
That's pretty funny. I guess you are in the "stop-people-from-jumping" camp too? :P

Look you can't STOP Macros being used - it's a fact - get over it. Get a way to do macros, or die horribly on the grid.

Look, this is a new game, and requires new skills, and new ways of doing things. You ARE a program after all for goodness sake! So you are PROGRAM-ING! Get it?

Granted - they are very simple and arbitrary movements, but impossible for a human to consistently perform using a conventional WASD config. Without a way to deliver combinations of key strokes in rapid succession, you are splattered bits.

There's a free trial version of Game Commander out there. It'll pass 5 keytrokes I think. maybe more. Check it out.

I made a couple of new shapes today, and the URLs are:

http://planetdescent.com/d3help/dbb/protect.jpg
http://planetdescent.com/d3help/dbb/fist-of-mob.jpg

Hehe!

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 1:10 AM
Qix77 Wrote:Well... he didn't say he was playing online with macros, but just doing some nifty designs...

I'd like to see them.

Read more carefully:

M0b1u5 Wrote:Online, these tricks rock, and I've been cleaning people up all over the place, even when very laggy.

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Maverick
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 1:14 AM
I to believe that using macros against players online is cheating.....and is why I wish that the demo had some admin commands(KICK).

MutoidMan
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 3:18 AM
There ya go! I TOTALLY agree!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

FusionAddict
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 11:51 AM
Maverick Wrote:I to believe that using macros against players online is cheating.....and is why I wish that the demo had some admin commands(KICK).

Agree totally with the need for a kick command, especially against those users that join a server then just hang out without picking a team, not participating and sucking up bandwidth.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

M0b1u5
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 7:45 PM
Guys. This isn't Quake. It might have some of the same controls, but it's NOT your regular first person shooter.

The Lightcycle portion of the game requires some extreme new skills. I physically CAN NOT use a WASD setup because I have a destroyed left elbow -- I just can't use my hand like that on a keyboard without cramps and pain inside a couple of minutes.

So, I bought myself a Belkin n50 Speedpad, which I *CAN* use in WASD type games. I'm still bloody useless at controlling these types of games, but I *AM* an onliner gamer -- Descent 3 since 1999 (about 100,000 kills) and I *do* understand the "gaming mentality": I can predict where people are going, and where they think I'm going... This somewhat alleviates my tricks. (Rocket-Suicide is what I call a Rocket-Jump :P)

Anyway, after playing Tron2.0 Lightcycles for about 3 minutes it became apparent to me that Key Macros were pretty much required to be competitive. There's severeal reasons why:

There are some moves you absolutely HAVE to be able to make. Such as a sharp jink -- left, right, right left, and the reverse of this too. This throws up a small box along your trail, and stops others getting a speed boost by trying to use your trail as a slingshot to get by you.

It also causes an opponent to crash into your trail if you chuck one at them, when they ARE trying to do this.

Now, it's not exactly rocket-science here people, if you can't make those moves using your controller, then you program these moves into SOMETHING that lets you make those moves.

I had a look round the 'Net and there are lots of free proggies that deliver MACROs, either by voice activation, or binding macros to normal KB keys. So, there's absolutely NO reason not to get one and to use it.

It's the old story: "WAAAAAAH! He can do something I can't, so he's cheating".

Get a life, or more appropriately, get a Macro proggie!

Don't forget, you STILL have to deliver the Macros correctly too! Playing in SinglePlayer, I often deliver the wrong Macro, and commit Sepuku because of it -- so using Macros is a double edged sword -- it cuts both ways -- it can help you and it can hurt you. The *SKILL* is refining when and how to use them such that the advantages are maximised and the disadvantages are minimised.

This is the ENTIRELY NORMAL process of acquiring CONVENTIONAL WISDOM. Every new game goes through this process, and every gamer should too!

Because right now, Tron2.0 has no "conventional wisdom" -- and it's important to develop some!

Macros are a NON-ISSUE as far as I'm concerned, you use 'em or you don't - and that's up to you.

But the whiners ALWAYS have something to whine about, and if they don't, they FIND something to whine about, pronto!

"OH, YOU BEAT ME WITH THAT TRICKY MOVE - YOU MUST BE CHEATING - SO - OFF YOU GO".... *kick*

That's just lame, booting someone because they had what it took to beat you. You can't possibly tell if someone is using Macros: he (or she!) might simply have VERY good hands, and you'd boot someone for having this skill?

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Lightcycles are challenging, no doubt about it, and to win, you need EVERYTHING that DOESN'T break the rules to achieve it. This includes Macros, constantly scanning to your rear, using powerups intelligently, using the highest possible screen resolution to see the action as far away as possible... the list goes on and on.

As to my "art" - yeah - it's actually kind of cool! But some I've created take over 40 seconds to complete, so they are pretty much OUT for a multiplayer game unless your opponents are a LONG way away. Does "Hoist by his own petard" mean anything to you?

The more I play this game, the more I'm enjoying the new nature of the gameplay. I played my first Disc Game today online, against CLU in Australia -- and it was a LOT of fun!

I'm a Disc Golf freak - so I am a Frisbee nut to begin with, and the Disc Game is a real hoot! In Real Life, I

Scuzzy
User

on Friday, July, 25, 2003 10:37 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that if this is the only way you can play becasue of an injury then more power to you, of course. I will still play the way I have becasue I think there is a great challenge in playing in this limited way.

I had said earlier that the AI in the Lightcycles pull off turns that no human can, and that's true becasue the AI doesn't have the restriction of hands and keyboards. The same I said about strategy games like StarCraft. The CPU can keep tabs on three bases at the same time but as a human player I have to click and drag and move at a human's pace. That's what makes beating the computer (at least to me since I don't have skillz) something of an achievement.

I have been very successful playing against the AI in the game becasue I set them all to Expert difficulty and I practice practice practice (and I get derezzed derezzed derezzed, but that's besides the point ). Eventually I got so good I could hold my own very successfully without the aid of macros or anything else other than what the game set me up with originally.

So anyway, you're playing the way you do becasue you have a bum arm. Okay, cool. I hope you enjoy your playing experience and hope to see you on the Game Grid! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

M0b1u5
User

on Monday, July, 28, 2003 1:01 AM
Dude - I think you should get at least a KB macro-mapper running. You'll do much better. Remember, you're adding complexity to the game, not reducing it! All those extra buttons have to be used correctly, and timed to perfection. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Particle_Man
User

on Monday, July, 28, 2003 7:59 PM
bah macros are weak (unless you have a note from your doctor

i'll take anyone on w/ macros and i'll beat you fair and square

Particle Man

Nunyas
User

on Thursday, July, 31, 2003 1:03 AM
not to brag or anything... but yeah... i can do those shapes bare handed...

If i recall correctly i spelled out BVG on the grid during nVidia's light cycle "beat the testers" contest at E3....

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Can you do THIS? :)